Bush is a good campaigner say Republicans? So why are independents confused?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:22:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Bush is a good campaigner say Republicans? So why are independents confused?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush is a good campaigner say Republicans? So why are independents confused?  (Read 960 times)
nomorelies

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2004, 10:59:17 AM »

"But we've got a big border in Texas, with Mexico, obviously -- and we've got a big border with Canada -- Arizona is affected."
-- No matter how you slice it, this statement is geographically challenged, Washington, D.C., Jun. 24, 2004

"Lori is -- when I met her backstage -- the kind of person that you want really owning a home because she's so thrilled with the idea. We helped her. I say we -- people here in this part of the world did."
-- By which Dubya means this part of the world of America? Albuquerque, New Mexico, Mar. 26, 2004

I think I've answered the question, and yes, [Arnold Schwarzenegger] would be a good governor, as would others running for governor of California. Like you, I'm most interested in seeing how the process evolves. It's a fascinating bit of political drama evolving in the state -- in the country's largest state.
-- Alaska is the country's largest state, followed by Texas (Dubya's state), followed by California, Crawford, Texas, Aug. 13, 2003

I appreciate so very much the Prime Minister, Jean Chretien, for joining us here. He has been a steadfast friend. I really enjoy dealing with him on a personal basis. He's a plain-spoken fellow, with a good sense of humor. Probably won't go too good up here in Canada, but he'd be a great Texan.
-- It would go even better if you were in Canada, Dubya, Detroit, Michigan, Sep. 9, 2002

stry_cat

Political Matrix
E: 6.25, S: -1.38

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 11:08:22 AM »

-- Alaska is the country's largest state, followed by Texas (Dubya's state), followed by California, Crawford, Texas, Aug. 13, 2003

I'm going to state the obvious.  California is the largest state population wise and eletorial vote wise.  I'm sure that's what he was thinking.  Wink
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 11:10:52 AM »

I think I've answered the question, and yes, [Arnold Schwarzenegger] would be a good governor, as would others running for governor of California. Like you, I'm most interested in seeing how the process evolves. It's a fascinating bit of political drama evolving in the state -- in the country's largest state.

All of your quotes are sad and pathetic attacks, but this one actually made me laugh out loud.  Anybody who knows anything about politics knows that California is the largest state because of its 55 electoral votes.  Land mass does not matter in politics, population and EVs do.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 12:36:13 PM »

Man, there should be a manditory "pre-election education" course for voters to take before casting their vote.  Is Nomo a part of Leno's "Man on the street" routine?  hahaha
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies