No Labels to move forward with 2024 Bid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:45:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  No Labels to move forward with 2024 Bid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: No Labels to move forward with 2024 Bid  (Read 1043 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2024, 12:36:33 AM »

really unfortunate, he was my favorite SC representative during his term and now he's just become garbage.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2024, 09:44:40 AM »

Geoff Duncan also NOT in.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2024, 09:47:36 AM »

really unfortunate, he was my favorite SC representative during his term and now he's just become garbage.

I guess Joe has finally accepted he won't win public office in SC again so he's going to set his career on fire.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2024, 10:01:54 AM »

Duncan and Cunningham might be nobodies, but at least they aren't essentially bureaucrat-administrator types like Evan McMullin. Obviously this race lacks the same urgency or novelty of 2016 where the desire for a third choice was far more risible (and hopes in such a possibility hadn't been dashed by the actual results of 2016), but maybe they'll have more appeal than ol' egg?

Sure, but the cycle you mentioned, 2016, featured the most on-paper qualified third party ticket of anyone here's lifetime: Johnson/Weld. It just so happened that Johnson was less strong in practice than in theory.

Even so, Gary Johnson is the strongest third party candidate of the post-Perot era and yet his performance is totally memory holed when people talk about that election, more than both McMullin and Stein despite getting twice as many votes as both of them combined.

The 2016 Libertarian ticket probably would have been stronger if the positions were switched.
Honestly I feel like they should have just run as an independent ticket. Most Americans view the 3rd parties as jokes and Johnson running as a Libertarian didn't do him any favors as you are basically taking the party mantle of a bunch of weirdos. At least with Independent people somewhat interested will do research and you can build a brand based off your name rather than an obscure party. That's why McMullin did pretty well in Utah, and why I think RFK will do decently in November.

McMullin was particularly suited to Utah, though, and also put in most of his effort there.  I don't think there's anyplace where RFK will have that kind of natural advantage.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2024, 10:23:00 AM »

I guess Joe has finally accepted he won't win public office in SC again so he's going to set his career on fire.

Would be really funny if this happens and then Trump picks Nancy Mace as his VP.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2024, 04:45:22 PM »

Well, they just lost another potential candidate

Compuzled_One
Rookie
United States
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2024, 05:15:39 PM »

I doubt he was discussed.

Also, RIP.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2024, 05:29:23 PM »

They have absolutely nobody at this stage. Not even a last minute backup candidate. All of that money for ballot access, absolutely cooked. Might as well throw it all to RFK at this point.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2024, 10:36:41 AM »

They have absolutely nobody at this stage. Not even a last minute backup candidate. All of that money for ballot access, absolutely cooked. Might as well throw it all to RFK at this point.
I suspect that is the case.
Harlow

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2024, 10:42:12 AM »

I'm skeptical there is much overlap between RFK Jr.'s brand of independent-mindedness (anti-establishment, prone to conspiracy, generally unhinged) and the No Labels demographic (centrist, pro-establishment, pro-bipartisanship).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2024, 10:54:35 AM »

These third party candidates are just spoilers for Trump including RFK
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2024, 10:57:14 AM »

I'm skeptical there is much overlap between RFK Jr.'s brand of independent-mindedness (anti-establishment, prone to conspiracy, generally unhinged) and the No Labels demographic (centrist, pro-establishment, pro-bipartisanship).
True

But on some level, they have something in common. Both RFK and No Labels are running out of pure spite. RFK just wants President Biden to lose because he was a non factor in the Democratic primary. No Labels wants President Biden to move back to neoliberal orthodoxy and away from economic progressivism.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2024, 11:24:10 AM »

RFK Jr. represents the unique "fringe centrism" of being so pro-environmentalist and anti-pharma it dips into far right anti-vaxx and anti-5G anti-globalist territory, and also pairing standard leftish positions on some topics while endorsing border hawkery in a weird way to split the difference. It's like jokes about "the median voter."

He's trying to manifest horseshoe theory into reality and it's very very annoying for everyone who disbelieves in horseshoe theory.

It has nothing in common with No Labels establishmentarian decorum centrism but I'm just saying after wasting so much money they might as well give that ballot access to somebody. Have the Alliance Party or the Reform Party nominated anyone yet?

But on some level, they have something in common. Both RFK and No Labels are running out of pure spite. RFK just wants President Biden to lose because he was a non factor in the Democratic primary. No Labels wants President Biden to move back to neoliberal orthodoxy and away from economic progressivism.

It's funny because I imagine in terms of pure ideology they probably have identical political stances to say, the Lincoln Project. But they've decided to be #NeverBiden-ites instead.
Harlow

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2024, 11:33:37 AM »

Quote from: AltWorlder
It has nothing in common with No Labels establishmentarian decorum centrism but I'm just saying after wasting so much money they might as well give that ballot access to somebody.

True

I just don't think "spite" is enough of a motivating factor for No Labels to lump themselves in with somebody as toxic as RFK Jr. And I doubt RFK Jr. would want to grovel for their ballot line, anyway. My assumption is No Labels will probably throw some nobody on the ticket and a significant amount of their activists will jump ship to Biden when they see the writing on the wall.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies