The great big immigration bill debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:34:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The great big immigration bill debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The great big immigration bill debate  (Read 2507 times)
agcatter
YaBB God

« on: June 14, 2007, 06:06:23 PM »

The fix is in.  It's over.  Here's what will happen.  The Republican elites will continue to talk tough about how tough this bill will be on border enforcement.  No one believes it.  No one.  Within the next two weeks the bill will be stuffed down our throat.

Bush and all his hacks on immigration  - Graham, Hagel, McCain, Lott, Tony Snow will then continue to insult our intellegence and blather on and on about how wonderful the bill is.

We're screwed.  Screw them.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 06:30:26 PM »

Not a damned thing we can do.  i've contacted my two Senators (Cornyn and Hutchinson) three time each by email and called their office once each.  As we saw in the Hardball transcript, even Hutchinson wouldn't address whether the bill would secure the border.  That's because she knows it won't.  Well, we know it too Senator.

Linsey Graham is laughing his ass off.  Bush ought to be impeached and the Republican elites ought to be ashamed of themselves.  They're not of course.  They're screwing us and loving it.  making money is all they care about for their business friends.  They are fine with screwing the country.

No more money or support from me to the Republican Party.  I'm sick of it.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 07:08:53 PM »

I must have accidently gotten her name right when I emailed her given that I received several responses.  Thanks for your big time contribution to the topic though.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 01:03:30 AM »

Gets labeled unreasonable?  Uh, it kind of is.  I had to take my wife to the emergency room last month.  It was packed.  I don't think anyone else in the waiting room spoke English.   It was being used as their primary care.  Hooray, we get to pay for their healthcare.  Lovely.  Just what we need, more dependents --  and they're not even supposed to be here.  What's wrong with this picture?

agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 08:56:48 AM »

Oh, I see.  The problem then is the law which doesn't allow them to be here in the first place.  Everyone in Mexico should be allowed to flood across the border and  overrun our health care system paid for in increased insurance premiums by the rest of us.  While we're at it, provide a free education for children of illegals (over a million in my state at $6500 per child), and means tested welfare payments for millions of low wage illegals.  All paid for by taxes paid for by American citizens.  Hell, no wonder the Mexican government publishes instructional pamplets on how to get across the border.

The Mexican government can't believe their good fortune.  Dumb gringos.  Approximately 3000 cross the border every day.  The U. S. is the land of milk and honey.  Their milk and honey, our bill.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 07:39:09 AM »

Well Mesu, at least your honest about the issue.  Rather than debate your country without borders ideas I'd say this.  Bush, Kennedy, Graham, Lott and company happen to agree with you.  They, however,  give a bunch of lip service to securing the border in order to take the country to the place you'd like to see it end up.  You're honest.  They are definitely not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies