CA PrimR: Datamar: Romney takes the lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:56:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  CA PrimR: Datamar: Romney takes the lead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA PrimR: Datamar: Romney takes the lead  (Read 2438 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2007, 12:48:16 PM »

New Poll: California President by Datamar on 2007-06-11

Summary: Giuliani: 15%, McCain: 5%, Romney: 32%, Other: 31%, Undecided: 17%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 01:20:37 PM »

Insert Carlhayden remark here.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 01:31:40 PM »

lol. I see him arguing that McCains 5% are due to his immigrant stance and CA is THE immigrant nation ... Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 01:43:01 PM »

Here are the full results:

Romney 32
Giuliani 15
Hunter 11
Tancredo 6
McCain 5
F. Thompson 5
T. Thompson 3
Huckabee 3
Paul 3
Brownback 2
Gilmore 1
"other" 4
undecided 14

Suffice it to say, these are....ummm...."interesting" results.

In contrast, the last CA poll before this one was a couple of weeks ago by SUSA.  Results of that poll:

Giuliani 28
McCain 21
F. Thompson 21
Romney 11
Gingrich 8

And before that, there was an ARG poll in May:

Giuliani 27
McCain 24
F. Thompson 12
Romney 11
Gingrich 5
everyone else at 1 or less

Suffice it to say, this is the first poll of CA to show such a groundswell of support for Romney, Hunter, and Tancredo.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 01:48:19 PM »

Suffice it to say, this is the first poll of CA to show such a groundswell of support for Romney, Hunter, and Tancredo.

...and probably the last one. I think this poll is bullsh*t.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 01:51:13 PM »

...and probably the last one. I think this poll is bullsh*t.

Yes....well, I was being generous in my comments.  Smiley
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 03:01:35 PM »

First, Datamar has a terrible record in survey research.

Second, things are currently so confused in California I doubt if anyone knows who is leading there.

Third, there is no doubt that McCain has dropped drastically in California, but is probably doing a little better than 5 per cent.

Fourth, no one has support of more than a quarter of California Republican like presidential preference primary voters at this time, including Romney.

Fifth,  the Datamar "poll" badly underestimates Fred Thompson's support.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 03:53:54 PM »

Haha, Tancredo is beating Fred
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 11:37:40 PM »

Romney will lead in California when the moon crashes into the sun.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 10:10:24 AM »

To you Romney haters out there, Romney could be elected President and you still wouldn't believe the result.

Bitterness and non belief in what is happening does not change the facts.

Some of your comments border on hysteria.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 10:19:04 AM »
« Edited: June 17, 2007, 10:27:10 AM by StateBoiler »

Is California a take-all system or proportional for delegates?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 10:39:50 AM »

To you Romney haters out there, Romney could be elected President and you still wouldn't believe the result.

No offense, Winfield, but you occasionally pop your head into certain threads and declare your unwavering support for Mitt Romney, neglecting to respond to the frequent (and usually valid) criticisms of him, and then disappear.

Can't you at least acknowledge Romney's perceived lack of core principles, as evidenced by his backflips on the issues over the years in order to appear electable?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 03:40:02 PM »

No offense, Winfield, but you occasionally pop your head into certain threads and declare your unwavering support for Mitt Romney, neglecting to respond to the frequent (and usually valid) criticisms of him, and then disappear.

Can't you at least acknowledge Romney's perceived lack of core principles, as evidenced by his backflips on the issues over the years in order to appear electable?

Thank you for your observations, Joe, but someone has to at least say something when Romney is being bitterly and unjustly denounced by posters on this forum.

I do not view Romney as doing backflips, rather, that he has honestly changed or modified his views on some issues, and at least has the courage to admit that he has made mistakes.

Romney is a politician, yes, and I recognize that, and as well recognize that politicians say certain things at certain times in certain places. 

I still view Romney, however, as one of the most gifted leaders in public life today, and that is why I believe he has the qualities necessary to be an effective President.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 05:45:41 PM »

Thank you for your observations, Joe, but someone has to at least say something when Romney is being bitterly and unjustly denounced by posters on this forum.

I do not view Romney as doing backflips, rather, that he has honestly changed or modified his views on some issues, and at least has the courage to admit that he has made mistakes.

Romney is a politician, yes, and I recognize that, and as well recognize that politicians say certain things at certain times in certain places. 

I still view Romney, however, as one of the most gifted leaders in public life today, and that is why I believe he has the qualities necessary to be an effective President.

Where a politician can plausibly explain changing positions based on something other than expidency, then yes, I agree, he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

You are also correct in that Romney has shown considerable talent in fundraising, organization and public speaking.

Romney is not my favorite candidate, but, unlike McVain or Giuiliani, he seems to be qualified.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 05:51:02 PM »

Where a politician can plausibly explain changing positions based on something other than expidency, then yes, I agree, he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

You are also correct in that Romney has shown considerable talent in fundraising, organization and public speaking.

Romney is not my favorite candidate, but, unlike McVain or Giuiliani, he seems to be qualified.

Not to mention he opposes your favorite bill currently being fought over in the Senate.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 06:27:11 PM »

Do you Romney fans on here seriously believe he is leading in California though? I seriously doubt it and there are no other polls to back this up. All of the other polls of the state have had Giuliani and McCain way ahead of him. I certainly hope this poll is right (Romney for the GOP in '08!) but I'm about 99% sure it is way, way off.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2007, 08:31:53 PM »

The reason I cannot support Romney was his leadership qualities as displayed in Massachusetts, or lack of them. I know the whole Democrats outnumber Republicans, but so what? He was elected Governor and once he realized that the legislature would not support him, he threw a year-long temper tantrum and gave up on running the state. If he becomes President and in the next midterms the Democrats get big majorities in Congress, what's he going to do, vacation to Malta? That is inexcusable in my opinion.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies