Favorite county in your state that voted for the opp. party candidate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:01:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favorite county in your state that voted for the opp. party candidate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Favorite county in your state that voted for the opp. party candidate  (Read 9394 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2009, 01:06:24 PM »

Putnam County. It's right next door and I've interned in a regional office for the area in the past.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2009, 01:28:43 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2009, 01:57:23 PM by Eraserhead »

Putnam County. It's right next door and I've interned in a regional office for the area in the past.

Too many hicks. They do have Red Rooster though.

I guess I'll stick with Dutchess, despite my issues with it.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2009, 01:53:23 PM »

San Luis Obispo County.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2009, 02:22:16 PM »

Charleston County (I can't believe we're a blue county now.)
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2009, 03:55:56 PM »

Kings

But only the real part of Kings County -- Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst, Sheepshead Bay, etc. (which went for the most part, coincidentally, for McCain). 

I'm not a fan of the northern part of the borough, which is basically a lot of trendy, hipster, liberal, transplant, condo conversions within blocks of housing projects -- Williamsburg, Brooklyn Heights, Carroll Gardens, etc. (which all went, not so coincidentally, for Obama).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2009, 04:10:17 PM »

Kings

But only the real part of Kings County -- Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst, Sheepshead Bay, etc. (which went for the most part, coincidentally, for McCain). 

I'm not a fan of the northern part of the borough, which is basically a lot of trendy, hipster, liberal, transplant, condo conversions within blocks of housing projects -- Williamsburg, Brooklyn Heights, Carroll Gardens, etc. (which all went, not so coincidentally, for Obama).

Do you spend a lot of time of Free Republic?  Your post just has that certain je ne sais qua.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2009, 04:16:31 PM »

I just love 4:

1) West LA county
2) Orange county
3) Riverside county
4) San Diego county

The rest I pretty much hate.  San Luis Obispo county, Santa Barbara county, and San Bernardino county are okay I guess.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2009, 04:37:35 PM »

I just love 4:

1) West LA county
2) Orange county
3) Riverside county
4) San Diego county

The rest I pretty much hate.  San Luis Obispo county, Santa Barbara county, and San Bernardino county are okay I guess.

Er, what causes you to wet your pants over Riverside County Ronnie?  Is it Blythe, Banning or Beaumont that is your cat's meow?  Smiley  And you don't like the Sierra's?  And just picking the Jew part of a county as one's favorite is against the rules. No cherry picking!  Tongue
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2009, 06:03:09 PM »

Kings

Do you spend a lot of time of Free Republic?  Your post just has that certain je ne sais qua.

I don't think you were being serious, but no.  I had to look it up on Wiki and, from what I see, I don't think I'd fit in there. 

And my post was partly tongue-in-cheek -- hence, the "concidentally"/"not so coincidentally" language.  Smiley 
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2009, 06:09:06 PM »

I just love 4:

1) West LA county
2) Orange county
3) Riverside county
4) San Diego county

Er, what causes you to wet your pants over Riverside County Ronnie?  Is it Blythe, Banning or Beaumont that is your cat's meow?  Smiley  And you don't like the Sierra's?  And just picking the Jew part of a county as one's favorite is against the rules. No cherry picking!  Tongue

Palm Springs Smiley  Sorry for the cherry picking. Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2009, 06:27:47 PM »

Tough but I'd have to go with Passaic, meaning the parts that include Wayne and that area not Passaic itself or Paterson
Why the hell did I say this?  Its obviously Bergen
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2009, 08:10:04 PM »

I just love 4:

1) West LA county
2) Orange county
3) Riverside county
4) San Diego county

Palm Springs Smiley  Sorry for the cherry picking. Tongue

Cruising eh?  Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2009, 08:35:51 PM »

Saint-Malo-Nord, Rennes-Centre, and Maure-de-Bretagne all own in Ille-et-Vilaine.

Bruce, Grey, and Ottawa are probably the best in Ontario.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2009, 11:23:52 AM »

For 2004 it would have to be San Diego county with SLO taking second spot. For 2008 I will go with El Dorado(Tahoe).
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 12:26:38 PM »

Too many hicks. They do have Red Rooster though.

I guess I'll stick with Dutchess, despite my issues with it.

Dutchess voted for Obama.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2009, 02:28:21 PM »

Every county in Illinois that voted for McCain is probably unbearable. Obama swept the suburban Chicago counties which never vote Republican.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2013, 09:02:41 PM »

bump for 2012 - I'd say New Hanover.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2013, 11:43:21 PM »

Pulaski
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2013, 02:20:20 AM »

Clarke, no doubt.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2013, 01:35:42 PM »

Probably Mercer or Middlesex.  I love universities and Rutgers/Princeton are two excellent ones.  Princeton for the liberalism and intellectualism.  Rutgers for the parties and the morally-lax females.  Both give about 2/3s of their vote to Democrats, as well. 

Not to mention they still have White Castle there, and are overwhelmingly New York fans. 
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2013, 01:44:14 PM »

For Pennsylvania: Philadelphia
For New York: Brooklyn

Okay, that was boring, of course I'm going to vote for the cities.  Second place in PA would probably be Montgomery (yawn) and in NY let's disqualify the rest of NYC just to make things interesting, and say Saratoga.  Saratoga Springs is a really, really nice town.

As for NJ?  I dunno, my urbanist side wants to say Hudson, while my nostalgic side wants to say Cape May.  Mercer's good, too.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2013, 01:54:11 PM »

Okay, that was boring, of course I'm going to vote for the cities.  Second place in PA would probably be Montgomery (yawn) and in NY let's disqualify the rest of NYC just to make things interesting, and say Saratoga.  Saratoga Springs is a really, really nice town.

As for NJ?  I dunno, my urbanist side wants to say Hudson, while my nostalgic side wants to say Cape May.  Mercer's good, too.

MY GOODNESS!  You take that red avatar down right now, mister!
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2013, 01:57:26 PM »

My family used to take vacations down to Cape May every year when I was in elementary school, so that area is filled with good memories.  I didn't say I like their politics (or their Eagles fandom), cause I don't.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2013, 02:00:49 PM »

Tricky question. I'd probably have to say Indian River.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2013, 02:14:29 PM »

My family used to take vacations down to Cape May every year when I was in elementary school, so that area is filled with good memories.  I didn't say I like their politics (or their Eagles fandom), cause I don't.

I was hoping, and had faith, that you would same that.  Same here.  Avalon every year.  Wonderful memories.  But you have to enjoy it the way someone with some perspective should.  

1.  I make sure I'm only nice to the renters that were at LEAST 5 blocks from the beach.  Lugging your crap to the beach is a huge part of being at the Jersey Shore.  Everyone else gets a heaping load of attitude.  

2. When you get to the more expensive properties... frequently make yourself stumble onto the rocks (you know how the "lawns" are just rocks, right?  Just making sure.) and kick as many as you can onto the sidewalk.  That increases the chances the owner will get a citation.  

3. Climb the cheap wooden fences into the dunes and scream and play in front of the beachfront properties as much as possible.  Obviously it's bonus points if the owners are outside, staring at the beach and pretending to be "deep".  Don't leave until the authorities threaten arrest... at first they'll just tell you to leave.    

4. Never, EVER get a beach pass.  Are you kidding me?

5. Nightime bonfires are a must.  Once again... bonus points for loudness and obnoxiousness.  

6. If you are renting from a rich stranger  (obviously because their $500,000 Cape May property isn't fancy-shmancy enough for the summer) make sure you are friends on Facebook with them.  Tag as many pictures of the house parties you threw in your week down there with your friends Jamal and Giancarlo, who you met in Wildwood.  

7. Don't DESTROY anything in the property you are renting.  The courts down there will not be friendly to you.  Be sure to step up to the line though.  Some beer cans left behind the couch and marijuana ash on the coffee table should be sufficient.  

8. Leave a couple Obama bumper stickers you got at the boardwalk in the nightstand drawer.  

And that my friend is how a Democrat enjoys a week down in Cape May.  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies