GA-10 Special Election today
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:55:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-10 Special Election today
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: GA-10 Special Election today  (Read 9324 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2007, 07:03:11 PM »

Yeah, Broun is whacky, I actually did check his site before making that post. But I'd rather have a nutcase than the establishment candidate, simply to embarass the GOP. If I lived in the district though, I wouldn't even bother voting in the runoff. Anyone notice he kind of resembles Sherrod Brown?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2007, 07:10:15 PM »

I was actually in Athens this morning, and there was no sign whatsoever that an election was taking place.

Uh, no, that was Hudgens.  Who then dropped out.

my state senator. Sad
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2007, 07:13:31 PM »

I was actually in Athens this morning, and there was no sign whatsoever that an election was taking place.

Probably because it was yesterday.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2007, 08:02:40 PM »

You think campaign signs come down overnight?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2007, 09:08:24 PM »

Whats even worse is that the 3 Democrats just got 28%. The guy running against Norwood last year got 33% ... Shocked

Quite Sad

The result of this primary suggests one thing: Georgia continues to look rosey for Republicans. It was one of the few states, which bucked the trend last year in that Perdue was comfortably re-elected, while the Republicans contined to make gains from the Democrats in the Georgia House of Representatives

Could be a sign that Democrats just couldn't be bothered to get their butts into the voting booth, however

Dave

Well, considering it's the South, many of the Democratic voters are probably black, and blacks are statistically less likely to vote even in Presidential elections and certainly in special elections where none of the major candidates are compelling black figures.

This district is fairly heavily white. Excluding split Richmond County, as of June 1, it has 250,483 white voters (85.5%) and 42,429 (14.5%) black voters. Towns has one registered black voter (unless the data's duff)

As for Richmond, in 2006, eastern Richmond (GA-12) voted Dem 65%; while western Richmond (GA-10) voted Rep 64% - so it's possible that the former has a higher concentration of African Americans [the county, as a whole, having 47,093 black voters and 40,338 white voters], which makes it more Democratic

The only reliable Democratic county in GA-10 is Clarke (Athens), where 73.9% of registered voters are white

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2007, 09:11:44 PM »

But when all comes to all, Democrat or Republican, black or white, a 10% turnout is truly pathetic Sad

Dave
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2007, 09:19:58 PM »

You think campaign signs come down overnight?

What Verily said. Though I probably should have said "Had taken place" or something.

All in all, I've only seen a single campaign sign, and that wasn't even in the 10th district.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2007, 01:12:38 AM »

Anybody want to guess what the first issue is on Whitehead's web site, or what he had to say about it?

Lets see if Georgia's two Senators can figure it out.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2007, 01:27:27 AM »

Well, considering it's the South, many of the Democratic voters are probably black, and blacks are statistically less likely to vote even in Presidential elections and certainly in special elections where none of the major candidates are compelling black figures.

Advice to Georgia Democrats:  clone Thurbert Baker and run him for everything every time.  No need to thank me.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2007, 10:06:42 AM »

Advice to Georgia Democrats:  clone Thurbert Baker and run him for everything every time.  No need to thank me.

I disagree, lol.  They need to clone Jon Tester and run him for every office, lol.  Or Paul Hackett because he's a veteran, lol, and posts on Daily Kos, lol.

I can be thanked by giving me mojo on my next diary at the Huffington Post.
rbt48

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2007, 09:50:05 PM »

I noted this evening on the Georgia Secretary of State website that with all the precincts reporting, Broun has a 98 vote lead over Marlow.  Somehow, in the last 4%, Broun's vote total held rock steady while Marlow picked up 100 or so votes.  Of course, I gather there were some corrections to earlier tabulations.  I gather the closeness will trigger an automatic recount.  If anyone has heard where this may be headed, please chime in!
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2007, 05:17:20 AM »

Marlow conceded without a recount.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2007, 09:51:13 AM »

Shame.  O well its not as if the seat was winnable anyway. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies