Gay Marriage: sixteen states' different takes. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:00:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gay Marriage: sixteen states' different takes. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gay Marriage: sixteen states' different takes.  (Read 3319 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: June 20, 2007, 04:50:18 PM »

It's not surprising that MA is the only state supporting gay marraige (I believe Rasmussen had VT tied at 49s last year).  We need to pass these bans fast before people start thinking gay marriage is the "cool" thing to do
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 06:23:15 PM »

Again, gay activists have done a great job of making people they will be labeled homophobic
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 07:59:41 AM »

Massachusetts is a clear case that once a place legalizes SSM, the people will eventually support it. I am guessing that when it was first legalized, most opposed it- or at least it was closer. Same thing here. Peoples' opinions have dramatically shifted since before and after legalizing SSM. Once people realize how harmless it really is, they accept it.

Indeed you'd be correct.

In fact, I'd argue that the surge in support is totally a consequence of gay marriage becoming "cool," and enticing soccer moms by the truckload to embrace a new gay lifestyle choice and get one of those "gay marriages" they keep hearing about on Oprah.

The thing is, DWTL could have posted this seriously.

I would because the main reason for support of gay marriage stems from fear of being labeled homophobic and wanting to fit in
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 09:52:49 AM »

Massachusetts is a clear case that once a place legalizes SSM, the people will eventually support it. I am guessing that when it was first legalized, most opposed it- or at least it was closer. Same thing here. Peoples' opinions have dramatically shifted since before and after legalizing SSM. Once people realize how harmless it really is, they accept it.

Indeed you'd be correct.

In fact, I'd argue that the surge in support is totally a consequence of gay marriage becoming "cool," and enticing soccer moms by the truckload to embrace a new gay lifestyle choice and get one of those "gay marriages" they keep hearing about on Oprah.

The thing is, DWTL could have posted this seriously.

I would because the main reason for support of gay marriage stems from fear of being labeled homophobic and wanting to fit in

And if so few people support gay marraige because they think it's a good idea, who is everyone else trying to "fit in" with?

The number of support is probably something like 30%, and those people do a good job of convincing others they will labeled as homophobic for not supporting it.  It reminds me of a Family Guy quote, "Anyone who doesn't want to go to war is gay!"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies