Spark for At-Large Senator: A Future of Freedom
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:37:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark for At-Large Senator: A Future of Freedom
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spark for At-Large Senator: A Future of Freedom  (Read 488 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 12, 2024, 11:00:21 AM »
« edited: April 12, 2024, 11:20:33 AM by Spark »

San Diego, California

Hello everybody. It's good to be back. Some say that I don't change, but the game does. My principles have not changed. My hope for the future has not changed. This election is about the future and not the past. We must not delay in securing our nation's prosperous future. It is for this reason, that today, I declare my candidacy for at-large Senate.

As you may know, for those who may be new and do not yet know me, I have the experience and vision necessary to serve in this office and get things done.

As a former at-large Senator for two terms, it will be important to use this prior experience to work with all sides in devising equitable, innovative, and pragmatic solutions for Atlasia. In light of what has transpired, it is safe to say that Atlasians deserve and will receive less drama in a Spark Senate term.

In 2022, while I was in office as former PPT, we passed a record number of bills during that Senate term. My presence in the Atlasian Senate will only keep the engine running for this game. I commend our current presidential administration of President TimTurner and Vice President ChristianMan on their work. President Tim is a bi-partisan minded and pragmatic leader of whom I had the pleasure of working with way back in the Southern region days.

A steady hand is needed to secure our future of freedom. It is up to the people to deliver it. Don't forget to vote Spark on April 19. Platform is to follow.

Best,

Spark, former Senator
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 11:39:31 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2024, 11:54:26 AM by Spark »

A Proven record and experience to serve

Please take a look at my previous service in the Atlasian Senate. If elected, I will re-use that official Senate office.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=428307.0

Some of my top accomplishments are below:

1. Passing a record number of bills in the 112th Senate:
Bills in 112th Session

Hello everyone, with our new PPT, Mr. Reactionary, we have been debating on a record number of bills and getting many things done on inflation. The Senate recently passed bills designed to counteract inflation such as the Fuel Inflation Reduction Act, Drug Price Inflation Reduction Act, Baby Formula Inflation Reduction Act. Let it be known that the Federalist Party is putting forward these bills and passing them at a swift pace. We are taking immediate action regarding the economy and easing the burden upon working families.

In addition, Federalist members of the Senate have been more active for votes, garnering A or A+ ratings on participation. Showing up for votes is important for constituents. This cannot be said for our Labor counterparts. I promise to keep up the good work until the end of our legislative session in December.

Thank you.

Best,

Senator Spark

2. I am also proud of the work I did with former President Scott on reducing electricity costs for Atlasians.

Affordable Energy Act

Section 1. Purpose

1. This bill is to provide for a less costly energy grid because many areas of Atlasia precluded from benefiting from earlier efforts made by the federal government to invest in rural electrification throughout regions.

a) This bill will provide for interconnection of regional electrical grids are not interconnected to those in other states or territories, and many communities in the state have isolated microgrids.

b) This bill will fix the isolation of many electric systems throughout the regions. This means that consumers in communities served by those systems cannot benefit from a reduction in energy bills by utilizing lower-cost power from other areas of the state;

c) This bill is intended to lower the average retail price of electricity where in rural communities this is the highest. The average cost of electricity per capita is $3,891.

d) The bill, through the energy authority, will reduce high energy costs for heating, electricity, and transportation that have a multiplying effect, which increases the cost of all goods and services in rural communities.

e) Many residents in communities with the highest power costs are unable to shoulder the financial burden of developing large-scale power infrastructure without significant government investment;

d) The bill will establish for lower carbon emissions through the development of economically feasible renewable energy projects and investment in an electric vehicle charging network.

Section 2. Implementation

a. BE IT RESOLVED that the Congress of the Republic mandates a creation of a national Energy Authority, in coordination with utility providers throughout the regions and with statewide power and electrical organizations.

b. This energy authority will develop a comprehensive 10-year infrastructure plan to reduce power costs by 25% in areas of the regions that endure extremely high electric and heating costs.

c. Be it FURTHER RESOLVED that Congress requests that the Energy Authority deliver a plan for the reduction of power costs in the region to the Senate by May 31, 2023, and notify the legislature that the plan is available.

d. The Congress hereby establishes a energy sustainability fund, this fund will be appropriated by  taxation on electric vehicles and tolls from federal highways to the amount of $50,000,000.

Section 3. Grant criteria

a. A "grant" shall be defined as a sum of money awarded for an energy related project in any of Atlasia's regions.

b. These grants shall be categorical in nature by funding upgrades to Atlasia's regional energy grids, for projects to reduce carbon emissions, increase electrical grid inter-connectivity.

b. Grants can only be made available for energy-related projects that will have substantial impact or effect upon the electrical grid in each region.

c. Eligible entities: Grants can be allotted for subsidies or incentives to regional energy companies, nonprofits, or independent contractors

Section 4. Funding

a. The Congress of the Republic of Atlasia will appropriate $25,000,000 in grants to each region for the establishment of a regional energy authority; these grants shall be up for renewal every 5 years.

b. Hereafter, the Congress shall appropriate monies to the amount of an additional $20,000,000 to establish electrical vehicle charging stations across Atlasia's regions.

3. Passing one of the largest tax cuts for working Atlasians and incentivizing business -

Atlasian Tax Reduction and Economic Incentivization Act

Section 1. Title, purpose, restructuring of tax code

1. An act to amend the tax code of the Republic of Atlasia to ensure a fairer and easier standard of living for all of our citizens, to incentivize business to be conducted in our nation, and to uplift the downtrodden.

a. The federal tax code shall be amended as follows:

By tax bracket:
 0-13K      5% (cut by 5%)
 13K-50k    10% (cut by 5%)          
 50K-130K   20% (cut by 5%)              
 130K-210K  36% : $452,282,000,000.00 ($452.29 Billon)   (raise by 5%)
 210K-413K  43%: $317,099,000,000.00 ($317.10 Billon)    (raise by 5%)
 413K+  50%: $244,141,000,000.00 ($244.14 Billon)  (raise by 5%)          

Part 2. Updates to federal budget

$123.58 Billion... Military personnel            
$184.51 Billion... Operation and maintenance            
$106.01 Billion... Procurement            
$61.52 Billion ... Research, development, test and evaluation            
$8.47 Billion..... Military Construction, Family Housing and Other            
$12.148 Billion.... Atomic Energy Defense Activities
$8.11 Billion..... Defense Related activities    
$0.00 Billion..... Fiscal Responsibility in our Military Act
$-15.25 Billion… F-35 Procurement Halt

$18.88 Billion ... International development and humanitarian assistance            
$5 Billion..... International military aid     (cut by $3.5 billion)        
$9 Billion.... Conduct of foreign affairs  (cut by $2.9 billion)          
$1.30 Billion..... Foreign information and exchange activities
$-8.79 Billion.... International Financial Programs

Part 3. Purpose for Relocation benefits/credits

1. Whereas, a company of 50-100 employees or a small business that decides to relocate to the Republic of Atlasia shall receive a relocation tax incentive of $500,000.

2. Whereas, to hereby establish an employee relocation fund of $1,050,000, provided by taxation on individuals in the $413k+ bracket, for each new worker hired by a company who decides to relocate in the Republic of Atlasia, the company shall receive a tax credit of $5,000.

a. Small businesses are the engine of the Atlasia economy, comprising 99 percent of all business ventures in Atlasia and accounting for half of Atlasia’s economy.

b. These small businesses need incentives to relocate to do business.

c. Due to the fiscal strain of pandemic-related losses on these small businesses, they cannot and should not bear the financial burden of operations such as supply chain disruptions and paying worker wages.

d. Providing relief through a tax credit will directly support small businesses returning to and exceeding pre-COVID-19 pandemic production levels.

4. Established a Space Planning Council

Space not Haste Resolution

Let it be known, by act of Congress of the Republic of Atlasia that -

Section 1. Guidance and principles

a. Space is a zone protected by all of humanity
b. That humanity has no right to claim celestial bodies
c. Humanity, especially citizens of the Republic of Atlasia, shall not weaponize any celestial bodies or spacecraft against another
d. That research and development for galactic defense and weaponry be kept to a minimum
e. Terraforming is an acceptable practice for humanity wishing to continue its survival

Section 2. Agreements and establishments

a. Atlasia may enter into applicable agreements that promote non-proliferation of weapons in space
b. The Congress of the Republic hereby establishes a Space Planning Council to investigate these issues.
c. The council shall be composed of a 5 person council; 2 members appointed by the President of Atlasia, 2 members appointed by Congress, and one member of the general public as provided by law.

X Spark, President pro tempore

5. Supporting the creation of the GM team.

Statement on the next GM

My fellow Atlasians, I come before you today to tout the passage of the GM Team Creation Act. This law will enable the GM to conduct their job more effectively and efficiently. The Game Moderator arguably is one of the most important actors within this game.  I wholeheartedly support this measure and believe it will allow for sufficient progress regarding activity. I also support the formation of a legislative commission on activity.

As GM applications are underway, I have utmost confidence that a qualified individual will be selected who will do an impeccable job to keep Atlasia up to date on affairs.

Senator Spark

Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 05:31:46 PM »

Will you repent of your past sexual attraction to other users including a modadmin?
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 08:00:49 PM »

Endorsed for preference
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 07:44:12 AM »

Endorsed
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2024, 09:03:07 PM »

Platform

My platform for Senate is three-fold:

Activity
-Work with the regions to establish regional and local election offices that citizens can contribute toward
-Build on the GM Moderation Team Creation Act
-Encourage more activity in the game by enhancing third party infrastructure

Activism
-I will advocate for fair wages, fair trade, and keep us out of foreign wars.
-I will ensure that our seniors have the income that they need to safely retire by creating a Prescription Drug Commission
-Pave the way toward Atlasia's clean energy future without disrupting key industries

Authenticity
-I will restore integrity and authenticity to the office of Senator
-Cut waste, red tape, and inefficiency in the national budget
-Simplify the tax code
-Ensure that bills aren't solely AI written
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2024, 09:06:28 PM »

You're an important and critical voice to any body of government I've seen you in, locally and nationally. You have my endorsement. And everything Wulfric says above makes me double down.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2024, 06:13:29 AM »

Endorsed.

Spark introduced more successfully passed bills in 1 session in 2022 than total bills introduced this session.

Over the last year its clear that if im not mass writing bills or degenerates arent trying to mass repeal bills ive already passed, the Senate basically stops doing anything. At least Spark comes up with ideas and tries.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2024, 09:54:20 PM »

On Activity

It will be my highest priority to stimulate activity within Atlasia. Within my first week in office, I plan to put forward a bill that will establish regional and local offices for citizens to express their concerns to their governments as well as forming citizen committees that every citizen can participate in. I will work with the GM team and work to expand their capabilities greatly in running our game engine.

I will work with President Tim and other members of the Senate to establish special Congressional committees that qualified citizens can provide insight to and serve a concrete purpose. These committees can be related to health (especially mental health), the environment, or the budget.

Overall, I have high hopes for my plan to get activity rolling again in Atlasia. Let's make this happen together.

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2024, 09:57:57 PM »

Statement on Endorsements

Thank you all for your ardent and unwavering support! We will keep Atlasia safe and prosperous for generations to come! Our nation is in good hands Smiley
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2024, 10:09:50 PM »

Endorsed.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2024, 01:51:31 PM »

Endorsed!
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2024, 02:07:03 PM »

endorsed
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2024, 04:00:29 AM »

Election Day

Polls are open. Make sure to exercise your right to vote. I support the people's decision and hope to earn your vote this weekend.

Best,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2024, 08:21:28 AM »

A Future of Freedom

Thank you all very much for your support. I look forward to getting back to work our people very soon.

Senator-elect Spark
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2024, 09:55:41 AM »

Congrats
Pages: [1]