I Have bad feelings about 08!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:47:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  I Have bad feelings about 08!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I Have bad feelings about 08!  (Read 5947 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2007, 10:07:33 PM »

Mr.Moderate,You used to work for him didn't you?

For the 2004 State Legislative cycle, yes.

He tried to pick up a massive number of seats in the State House and State Senate (over all, 30 or 40 were serious targets in the early Spring), but the State GOP disasterously did all it could to hinder those efforts.

End result: net seat loss in both the House and Senate.

Worse yet was the NECN coverage of Election night, where the story was... how Governor Carcieri of Rhode Island used his own personal popularity to sweep in a number of Republican State Legislative candidates.

I was just left scratching my head.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 08:32:11 PM »

I myself have bad feelings about '08. None of the major party candidates seem especially inspiring....
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 06:32:27 PM »

You guys realize a McCain or Romney Presidency would be essentially no different than a Clinton Presidency?

They'd still support for illegal's amnesty, socialized medicine, taxes to repay the deficit, while digging a larger deficit with the first two...

So exactly the opposite of a Clinton presidency then....

Libertarians need to take their blinkers off for just a few seconds, then perhaps they can finally stop going on about "OMG BIGG SCARY GOVERNENT STEALING UURRR MONEE AND GUNNZZZZ!!11!".
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 02:32:01 PM »

It really all depends on who is nominated.  If the Republicans nominate Romney, then yes they will lose.  But if it's Fred Thompson or Giuliani, it'll take a tough Democrat to beat either of them.

And Hillary might not make such a bad president.  I would at least give her the benefit of the doubt if she was elected.  And she would be hard for the Republicans to beat, just as Obama would.

The bottom line: if the Republicans want to have a shot at winning, they have to nominate one of their best chances for the general election (F. Thompson or Giuliani).  If it's any one of the other candidates, they will surely lose.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »

It really all depends on who is nominated.  If the Republicans nominate Romney, then yes they will lose.  But if it's Fred Thompson or Giuliani, it'll take a tough Democrat to beat either of them.

And Hillary might not make such a bad president.  I would at least give her the benefit of the doubt if she was elected.  And she would be hard for the Republicans to beat, just as Obama would.

The bottom line: if the Republicans want to have a shot at winning, they have to nominate one of their best chances for the general election (F. Thompson or Giuliani).  If it's any one of the other candidates, they will surely lose.

Where does everybody get the idea that Romney is such a bad canidate,He is easily stronger then Thompson and could give Giuliani a run for his money.   
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2007, 06:00:32 PM »

Where does everybody get the idea that Romney is such a bad canidate,He is easily stronger then Thompson and could give Giuliani a run for his money.   

Unprincipled flip-flopper; ineffective governor; and a Mormon.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2007, 06:52:52 PM »

A better question is why anyone thinks Fred Thompson is such a GOOD candidate. He's just a boring Bush clone.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2007, 06:54:04 PM »

A better question is why anyone thinks Fred Thompson is such a GOOD candidate. He's just a boring Bush clone.

Agreed,If everybody were to look closely they would notice how weak a canidate he really is.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2007, 10:06:47 AM »

Romney comes across as a used car salesman.  You really don't trust a word he says.  He tries to make you feel good about buying a piece of crap.  It's not just the whole flip flopper thing--all politicians are flip floppers--and it isn't his stance on the issues.  It's the way he delivers them, with a wink and a fake smile.  Just the way he talks, his tone of voice, you immediately distrust him; right away you know he's trying to make a piece of crap look worth buying into.

Also, and while him being a Mormon isn't a big deal for me, it will hurt him with a good majority of the country--enough so that he won't win in the general, and that's really the only thing that matters, isn't it?  If you want your party to win, that is.

Sorry, but them's the brakes.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies