I Have bad feelings about 08! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:53:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  I Have bad feelings about 08! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I Have bad feelings about 08!  (Read 5981 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 03, 2007, 12:18:29 PM »

You guys realize a McCain or Romney Presidency would be essentially no different than a Clinton Presidency?

They'd still support for illegal's amnesty, socialized medicine, taxes to repay the deficit, while digging a larger deficit with the first two...
No, a McCain or Romney presidency would be worse than a Clinton presidency. Clinton would be too polarizing to be able to pass any major economic reforms (including universal health care), whereas McCain and Romney would be utter statists.

McCain has proved himself to be somewhat indecsive recently,However I think Romney would make a pretty good President,He has business insight,He is well motivated and well driven and he seems compremising on alot issues.   

That's exactly what I fear.

Why do you fear?

Also who would you rather sit in the Oval Office Mitt Romney or Hillary Rodham Clinton?

I fear that McCain or Romney would just compromise his comservatism while in office just to get reelected. Clinton, on the other hand, would have to compromise her liberalism to get reelected. A President Clinton would probably be more conservative than a President Romney. However (and I say this as a straight man), Romney is easier to look at.

Romney sure didn't compromise anything while Governor of Massachusetts, that's for sure.

But, of course, that was because he had no interest in being Governor of Massachusetts, and was just using it as a stepping stone.  Sigh.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 10:07:33 PM »

Mr.Moderate,You used to work for him didn't you?

For the 2004 State Legislative cycle, yes.

He tried to pick up a massive number of seats in the State House and State Senate (over all, 30 or 40 were serious targets in the early Spring), but the State GOP disasterously did all it could to hinder those efforts.

End result: net seat loss in both the House and Senate.

Worse yet was the NECN coverage of Election night, where the story was... how Governor Carcieri of Rhode Island used his own personal popularity to sweep in a number of Republican State Legislative candidates.

I was just left scratching my head.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies