Marquette-WI- Trump +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:32:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Marquette-WI- Trump +2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Marquette-WI- Trump +2  (Read 1481 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2024, 03:05:55 PM »

Trump is a New York liberal, and he is pro-choice.
His pro-life stance has always been pretense to get the evangelical vote.

He's responsible for the end of Roe. Even if he thinks different in private (he probably doesn't care), it doesn't really matter. Actions speak louder than words and thoughts.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2024, 03:06:16 PM »

Highly unlikely that a majority of the state wants a national abortion ban. And that wild swing with independents with barely no change in the overall topline tells me that the sample is probably too GOP and not reflective of the real race.

I find it very believable that a Midwestern state like WI, which is roughly 50-50 D/R and has a large Catholic population would support a 15-week law with exceptions. That's a broadly moderate position and (dirty little secret) wouldn't even curtail 90%+ of abortions, which mostly happen in the first 10 weeks.

If that was accurate Trump would be leading by much more in this poll. It's crap and you know it. End of debate.

Wisconsin polls are crap.
mjba257
United States
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2024, 03:24:28 PM »

Highly unlikely that a majority of the state wants a national abortion ban. And that wild swing with independents with barely no change in the overall topline tells me that the sample is probably too GOP and not reflective of the real race.

I find it very believable that a Midwestern state like WI, which is roughly 50-50 D/R and has a large Catholic population would support a 15-week law with exceptions. That's a broadly moderate position and (dirty little secret) wouldn't even curtail 90%+ of abortions, which mostly happen in the first 10 weeks.

If that was accurate Trump would be leading by much more in this poll. It's crap and you know it. End of debate.

How incredibly dense of you. If 54% of Wisconsinites support 15 weeks, that doesn't mean ALL 54% also support Trump. There are a lot of Independents and even some Democrats, many of whom identify as pro-choice, support 15 weeks. It's a reasonable compromise. The woman has full autonomy for the first 3-and-a-half months, but by 15 weeks the fetus is starting to resemble a person, has developed many vital organs, including a central nervous system, so therefore, it now has certain legal protections.

Most people can get behind that and I said, it doesn't even really curtail 90% of abortions.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2024, 03:34:38 PM »

How incredibly dense of you. If 54% of Wisconsinites support 15 weeks, that doesn't mean ALL 54% also support Trump. There are a lot of Independents and even some Democrats, many of whom identify as pro-choice, support 15 weeks. It's a reasonable compromise. The woman has full autonomy for the first 3-and-a-half months, but by 15 weeks the fetus is starting to resemble a person, has developed many vital organs, including a central nervous system, so therefore, it now has certain legal protections.

Most people can get behind that and I said, it doesn't even really curtail 90% of abortions.

It's unlikely that Biden would pick up the support of many people who want a national ban on abortion. 54% is an absurd number in a swing state. Republicans couldn't even get abortion bans passed in Kansas and Kentucky of all places.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2024, 03:40:17 PM »

Pew in 2022 reported that 42% of all Americans felt abortion should be illegal at the end of 24 weeks

That this poll, in 2024, shows 54% of WI voters support a ban in the third trimester does not mean we have a meh sample. You will have to find other methods to unskew the result

Don't tell me what to do. Your naggy fingerwaging, old bullying man does not work for me because I'm not going to bow to you, Mr. Charlie.

I've been more right about polling this cycle than you have when I warned you that national polling was not going to remain the same for Trump when you said the race was over in January.

Lmao

Didn't you get banned for editing posts that the moderators moderated you on?

It was a short thread mute because it was a first offense.
mjba257
United States
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2024, 06:03:05 PM »

It's unlikely that Biden would pick up the support of many people who want a national ban on abortion. 54% is an absurd number in a swing state. Republicans couldn't even get abortion bans passed in Kansas and Kentucky of all places.

15 weeks is hardly a ban. Again, 90% of all abortions occur during the first 10 weeks.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2024, 06:18:18 PM »

Meh.  Biden's had better polls than this.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2024, 07:07:17 PM »

Liar, liar polls I would bet on Biden winning WI, MI and PA with MOE polls
Cyrusman
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2024, 07:22:34 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2024, 07:29:59 PM by Cyrusman »

Allowing a women to get an abortion for the first four months of pregnancy isn't a ban, its a limit. You're entitled to your own opinion, but the majority of people don't consider four months a  ban. 6 weeks is a ban, but not four months.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2024, 07:26:20 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2024, 07:33:04 PM by Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers »

Biden is going to win WI, MI and PA that's why we don't need all these threads about if Biden is gonna win them we have prediction map, except for WI and NV we have a 270 map on the compiled map

Biden best  math to 270 is hold NH, NV and MI, PA and WI and contest AZ, GA, NC as wave insurance and win TX S just in case Hogan upsets in MD

Biden isn't contesting OH and forget FL Cruz is more vulnerable than Scott

It's WI, MI and PA, they are gonna keep flipping back and forth between Trump and Biden but these are D based states

Biden is gonna win them by a higher margin than 2020
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2024, 08:10:19 PM »

Kennedy strong. Hopefully he rises to about 20% by September

lol.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2024, 09:01:16 PM »

I wouldn't.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2024, 09:25:19 PM »

I wouldn't.

We have won WI, MI and PA in 20/22 so they are lying
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2024, 10:04:48 PM »

15 weeks is hardly a ban. Again, 90% of all abortions occur during the first 10 weeks.

Allowing a women to get an abortion for the first four months of pregnancy isn't a ban, its a limit. You're entitled to your own opinion, but the majority of people don't consider four months a  ban. 6 weeks is a ban, but not four months.

When you're explaining you're losing on the issue. No one pro-choice wants to hear Republicans talking about codifying limits on abortion after Roe vs. Wade was struck down because the party isn't trustworthy on the issue. It's all about perception and Democrats are going to frame this with a mountain of ads framing it as what Republicans would actual pass: An outright ban on abortion with no exceptions and that messaging will be effective.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2024, 10:20:40 PM »

You need to remember that the primary results were very strong for Biden here.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2024, 03:11:51 AM »

Has the recent movement to Biden been a dead cat bounce? His approval rating is atrocious. A non-Trump Republican would absolutely thrash him.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2024, 03:18:15 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2024, 06:39:42 AM by Eraserhead »

He did fine there (although he got nowhere near Obama 2012's percentage).
mjba257
United States
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2024, 07:43:27 AM »

Allowing a women to get an abortion for the first four months of pregnancy isn't a ban, its a limit. You're entitled to your own opinion, but the majority of people don't consider four months a  ban. 6 weeks is a ban, but not four months.

When you're explaining you're losing on the issue. No one pro-choice wants to hear Republicans talking about codifying limits on abortion after Roe vs. Wade was struck down because the party isn't trustworthy on the issue. It's all about perception and Democrats are going to frame this with a mountain of ads framing it as what Republicans would actual pass: An outright ban on abortion with no exceptions and that messaging will be effective.

Why is it that you pro-aborts always come off as angry and unhappy? I'm in the middle on this issue, but I can objectively say the pro-life side is a lot nicer and pleasant to interact with. With the pro-abort crowd, you are dealing with some of the ugliest people in society, both inside and out. Just nasty people. And I choose to call them pro-aborts because somebody who is truly pro-choice can support a reasonable compromise. If you are for late term abortion, I really am tempted to think you are either a sociopath and/or nihilist.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2024, 07:45:10 AM »

These polls are in April, Eday is in Nov stop worrying about polls until after Labor day, especially MOE polls it's 2 pts, the user responses in this thread act like 2 pts is a 20 pts lead
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2024, 09:03:55 AM »

It's really not. Black social conservatives vote for Biden overwhelmingly, but many are pro-life. Meanwhile, there are barely any strongly pro-choice GOP voters these days.

Also, there is more support for less strong abortion restrictions like 15 weeks than for total bans like in AZ.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2024, 09:07:37 AM »

Primary are not always predictive of Presidential results, especially when Biden's token opponents were already dropping out like flies. In 2016, Trump got shellacked by Cruz in WI. On the other hand, the MI 2016 Dem primary results were a near-prophetic act of foreshadowing. So hard to glean anything either way.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2024, 09:16:06 AM »

Why is it that you pro-aborts always come off as angry and unhappy? I'm in the middle on this issue, but I can objectively say the pro-life side is a lot nicer and pleasant to interact with. With the pro-abort crowd, you are dealing with some of the ugliest people in society, both inside and out. Just nasty people. And I choose to call them pro-aborts because somebody who is truly pro-choice can support a reasonable compromise. If you are for late term abortion, I really am tempted to think you are either a sociopath and/or nihilist.

Why are you Trumpsters so angry? You're going off calling me a sociopath for no reason other than I called out how framing will be everything in this race. Republicans calling for any federal restrictions on abortion is going to be framed as a ban by Democrats, period. Furthermore, men have no business trying to restrict women's rights. And there's no such thing as late term abortion. You push claims that babies are being killed after being born, but that's just not true. Sit down.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2024, 09:25:16 AM »

These are push polls that's trying to push Trump ahead as I have said before, Trump is gonna lose plain and simple, Trump by 2 in WI
mjba257
United States
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2024, 09:57:20 AM »

Why are you Trumpsters so angry? You're going off calling me a sociopath for no reason other than I called out how framing will be everything in this race. Republicans calling for any federal restrictions on abortion is going to be framed as a ban by Democrats, period. Furthermore, men have no business trying to restrict women's rights. And there's no such thing as late term abortion. You push claims that babies are being killed after being born, but that's just not true. Sit down.

1) Not a Trumpster. Can't stand the man. I think he's repulsive, bombastic, obnoxious, and amoral. I supported Haley in the primary, now I'm probably going to vote for RFK Jr.

2) I agree Dems will try and frame any limits, no matter how lenient, as a ban because that's how campaigns work. But voters are smart and can differentiate between someone calling for a draconian ban and someone who supports reasonable limitations. There is a BIG difference between those two

3) My god, are you really gonna pull the feminist card? Give me a break. I was a former fetus so that gives me every right to speak on this issue. Woman deserve bodily autonomy during the early stages of a pregnancy, but at certain point, that fetus is becoming more and more developed and it no longer is just about the woman, it's also about the baby. That's why there should be limits

4) If late term abortion "doesn't happen", then you should have no problem restricting it, right? Thing is, it does happen. Now, I do agree that if the fetus is simply not viable, yes, a woman should not be forced to carry to term. But elective abortions at that stage of the pregnancy should not be allowed.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2024, 12:17:18 PM »

Only a Trump or RFK supporter would say they were a former fetus to justify an anti-abortion argue. Like I said when you are explaining you are losing on the issue. Democrats have the upper hand here.

Furthermore no woman is going to have an abortion in the 9th month just for the sake of it and no doctor would do unless it was for extreme health reasons.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies