Biden is a good President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 06:35:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Biden is a good President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Biden is a good President  (Read 1158 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2024, 11:41:57 PM »

I will say Biden has had the worst first term out of any president since Carter . He’s been an absolutely awful president and he’d almost certainly be headed for a major defeat if Trump didn’t completely double down on doing what he did the final 2 Months in office
Your'e just angry that you neocons didn't had a W since 2004.
Btw Romney was a bad candidate time to get over it.

If Romney won in 2012 , our country would be in far better shape today
That's your oponion.
I really fail to see any possible compelling argument against this. Romney 2012 has probably aged better than any campaign in recent memory.

Romney and McCain gave these wingnuts their place in the party. They are just as responsible for the current situation as others.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2024, 05:58:25 AM »

Honestly, he's the best president of my lifetime despite his limitations as a communicator.
quesaisje
Electric Circus
United States

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2024, 06:09:07 AM »
« Edited: April 19, 2024, 06:35:15 AM by Electric Circus »

I'm rapidly losing confidence in his foreign policy on multiple fronts.

Never cared much for his domestic policy. A lot of it is most justifiable in terms of keeping the anti-Trump coalition united, but it's frustrating to see so much money thrown around to so little effect. Not a lot of durable policy wins. Perhaps some will become clear with time.

He's been highly effective at dealing with the Republican majority in the House, so let's give him credit for that. In this sphere, Biden leads the most competent Democratic administration since LBJ.

I worry that history will judge him for seeking re-election, but if anyone else in the party had been worthy, they would have revealed themselves. It's dysfunction within the party that has it failing to elevate national leaders of the highest caliber, and Biden's share of the blame is small. The most that I will fault him for is using the vice presidency to neutralize a rival faction when it should have been taken as an opportunity to elevate someone more credible. Biden put himself before the party (and the country) when he picked Harris. Smart politics though.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2024, 09:01:00 AM »

I will say Biden has had the worst first term out of any president since Carter . He’s been an absolutely awful president and he’d almost certainly be headed for a major defeat if Trump didn’t completely double down on doing what he did the final 2 Months in office

That's your oponion.
I really fail to see any possible compelling argument against this. Romney 2012 has probably aged better than any campaign in recent memory.

While Romney is superior to >95% of current elected officials of his party, he's mainly looking good because the bar for Republicans has been lowered over and over again. I personally have nothing against Romney, but the fact he's cheered for not supporting a coup and Trump's rhetoric is quite something.

Besides from being a weak candidate in 2012, even if he was elected, he either would have presided over a status quo at best. More likely is that he would have supported the same terrible policies as the congressional GOP under McTurtleman and Ryan. The negative effects would be the same for this country, only that Romney would have behaved like a normal person as prez instead of being an insane lunatic like Trump. Also very much possible a Trumpian or populist figure emerges in the aftermath of a Romney presidency. It's in many ways the GOP establishment whose failed policies contributed to the rise of Trumpism.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2024, 05:53:27 PM »

maga havent had a victory since the fluke of 2016
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2024, 08:24:40 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2024, 08:29:55 PM by AGA »

He's not. He's far from the worst president, but he has had too many policy failures. I can't be bothered to name them all, but for starters, the ARP was way too big and contributed to the inflation in 2021 and 2022. He's also presiding over a deficit of nearly $2 trillion even though unemployment is very low, although it's not like Republicans are any better on this front.

I can understand voting for him because you think Trump is worse, but you'd have to have a very different worldview than me to actually like this guy.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2024, 02:47:54 PM »

Yes, nothing unites the American people like gutting Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid and having US troops fighting Russia, China, and Iran simultaneously.

That is, united in opposition. Might've actually gotten a left-wing revolution during a Romney-Ryan Presidency.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2024, 02:52:38 PM »

Anyway, really depressing to see Biden doubling down on Blob policy vis a vis the Middle East.

Then again, I suppose he's always been staunchly pro-Israel, and it's hard to imagine any other American President not acting this way (or worse) post-October 7th. Still doesn't make it any less awful.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies