Official DownWithTheLeft Campaign Kick-Off (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:34:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official DownWithTheLeft Campaign Kick-Off (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Official DownWithTheLeft Campaign Kick-Off  (Read 7287 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: June 24, 2007, 08:44:53 AM »

The following is a schedule of events for campaigning by DownWithTheLeft for reelection to his senate seat, list subject to change

*Kick-off Dinner at the Fiesta in Wood Ridge, NJ on June 30
*Fourth of July BBQ in Richmond, VA
*Fundraiser in Green Bay, WI on July 10th
*The Senator will be on vacation from July 14-22 and will only make a small amount of steps from the 23-29.

Later events TBA
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 10:11:04 AM »

I would like to wish good luck to the new senators, and again list the senators from left to right:

1.) Rob
2.) Ebowed
3.) Lewis Trondheim
4.) Al
5.) Sam Spade
6.) PBrunsel
7.) BrandonH
8.) DownWithTheLeft

I will hold off on the others, however, Phil would go right before myself, True Dem right before Sam Spade.  As for the special election I will not comment and do not offer an endorsement at this time.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 11:20:09 AM »

Senator DownWithTheLeft is making an unexpected speech from Vansawn Park in Paramus, NJ to discuss some things about the senate and his campaign

I've called you here because Atlasia is a time of boom and expansion.  Politics is taking on a new form and we seem to be ushering in a new era, a era I am a large part of.  We saw this past weekend a very interesting election.  One in which BrandonH put a valiant effort garning tons of first preference votes.  I would like to thank the senator for his effort and I think everyone owes him a round of applause

*audience cheers*

Now we must get ready for the Colin Wixted presidency.  I think Colin will make a great president and I see almost a continuation of the idea of Afletich's presidency.  Colin is a president that I will work with and hope he will work with me as well.  Together we can get a lot accomplished.

*more cheers*

I am here to annouce to annouce for those of you who had doubts, that I will be running for reelection to the senate from whatever district I am placed in.  There are many who questions my attittude and my position, but what is not in question is that I am an active senator who provides plenty of excitement.  Now, of course, you know my good friend SouthParkConservative was not elected *boos for the midwest region* Now, now Lewis Trondheim will make a fine senator in his at least 15th tour of duty *laughs for the audience*.  All kidding aside, him and Al, though I would have liked their opponents as senators, know what they are doing.

I would like to close here by putting down speculation that I ran running for president.  Although I would like to do some things only a president can do, it is time for me to first focus on my senate run.  Wish me luck and God Bless Atlasia!!!

*roars from the crowd*
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 12:23:51 PM »

I would like to close here by putting down speculation that I ran running for president. 

Who are you kidding, no one would vote for you, and you know you're going to be clobbered in this Senate election.

I'm kidding no one, your disagreements with me do not constitute Atlasia on a whole.  I am committed to helping restore Atlasia by garnering at least one more term in the senate.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 12:30:12 PM »

The DownWithTheLeft campaign will no longer be recognizing remarks made by TN2024 for the time being.  However, would like to congradulate Sam Spade on defeating him.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 02:08:40 PM »

I would like to close here by putting down speculation that I ran running for president. 

Who are you kidding, no one would vote for you, and you know you're going to be clobbered in this Senate election.

I can't wait till October, I have a few months to think of the 20 write-in tickets I'll preference over DWTL.

You really never will get over getting no votes except yourself in our senate race will you?

However, Hashemite is another person will no longer waste time commenting on unless they post something of substance
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 02:18:10 PM »

You aren't up for re-election for another two months.

I know, never too early to start campaigning especially when the race should certainly be close assuming I draw a real opponent this time.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 02:39:22 PM »

Don't start campaigning right now - campaigning without is difficult to do - if nothing else you don't which side of your base you will have to play to given that you don't have an opponent. Not many people tend to care, and you run the risk of having exhausted all your good ideas by the time an opponent arrives, at which point their ideas look fresh and yours look dated.

As usual, no pandering will occur my part.  I don't want to win on a false premise, if I lose genuinley so be it.  Also, my ideas will come out in the senate.  However, I will have a huge wave of bills shortly before my election.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 03:20:06 PM »

Anyone who could be potential challengers?  Anyone out there ready to step up to the plate Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 05:43:36 PM »

Anyone who could be potential challengers?  Anyone out there ready to step up to the plate Smiley

I have just registered in Connecticut, care to have a Republican primary?

While your campaign would be rooted solely in personal vendettas and not actually helping Atlasia at all, surely.  Even though there is a great chance Connecticut will not be in my district.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 05:48:17 PM »

As of right now, my campaign will not address the TN2024 issue as it is not for certain whether or not he will be in my region.  However, I will fight hard to take the Republican party endorsement.  My only thoughts on the matter are this:

Which would you rather?
Someone who wants to be senator because they want to improve the game and be a senator, or someone who carpetbagged to fulfill a personal vendetta after resigning his own seat and proposed zero bills that made the floor.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 07:48:57 AM »

Campaign Announcement:

The DownWithTheLeft campaign is proud to annouce they have received $13 million in donations for this senate run. Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 10:02:17 AM »

Well, I'm certainly looking forward to this campaign.

No one can deny it won't be interesting, most people are counting me out before I even have an opponent.  Although maybe after I win this third term people will stop betting against me
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 05:28:17 PM »

ATTENTION!

Tickets are sold up for tomorrow's night kick-off event at the Fiesta in Wood Ridge, NJ, however, those of you with tickets, the events starts at 7:30.  Otherwise you can view a transcript of my speech sometime after that.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 09:01:08 AM »

The following is the speech given by Sen. DownWithTheLeft to kick-off his campaign in front of a packed house at the Fiesta in Wood Ridge, NJ:

Thank you all for being here.  I am glad to annouce that I will be seeking another term in the senate, fully aware that it appears the odds are against me.  Remember my friends, politics changes daily and I have a good feeling we will be the last ones laughing come election day!

*crowd roars*

Now, now, I realize that I am going to have to lay out a plan if I want to be reelected.  My first plan is the idea that I will stop posting legislation at the rate that I currently do.  While I feel a lot of is necessary, it has not been as succesful as I would have hoped that it will.  One thing I cannot be faulted for is not being active.  I have introduced more legislation than any other senator, and I hardly ever miss a vote.

The new senate is something that I would also like to address.  I am glad to welcome Sam Spade, Al, Lewis Trondheim, and the winners of the Northeast senate and District 1 elections.  As we speak it seems like Phil is the battle of his life, and I also urge you to donate to the legal fees we will have to pay to keep Kevin's ballot eligible.  Hopefully if Phil loses though, he will give the District 1 race a chance.  Otherwise, I hope my good friend Rockefeller Republican wins and will make a fantastic senator.

Now, for my reelection.  The districts have not been drawn, and I have not drawn an opponent.  However, if I were to sit back and do nothing to start now, I would not be fulfilling my duty to try and stay representing the fine people of District 2.  As always, I will be an incredibly easy to talk to and incredibly easy to contact senator.  Also, I again will not speculate on whether I will run for president in October, I am fully committed to the senate and that election right now.  Help me get a third term, and you've done a great job by coming out tonight!

Thank you!

Sen. DownWithTheLeft leaves the stage and shakes hands with supporters, he is now back to the senate before his big Fourth of July BBQ
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 11:57:51 AM »

Dear Senator,

Your humble constituency in the glorious Commonwealth of Massachusetts writes to implore you to impose our radical, left wing agenda upon the general citizenry nationwide.

Among others, the issues we expect you to champion are as follows:

(1) Mandatory same-sex unions for those over 18.  Provisions of this bill should allow for non-sexual experimentation at the age of 16, which would entail taking a cell phone photo of yourself kissing a member of the same sex, and then uploading the picture onto a myspace account.
(2) Universal Healthcare in the current, f-ed up way Massachusetts chose to implement it.  This means the government should punish those who cannot afford to buy their own health insurance with fines.
(3) National celebration of "Suddenly Susan Week" should be extended to a full month; "Suddenly Susan Month" shall take place October 1–31, 2007.
(4) Full repeal of any law that disallows animals the right to vote.
(5) A special 60% income tax rate applicable only to those living in Rutherford, NJ and New Canaan, CT.

All laws which may be deemed unconstitutional should be instead introduced as constitutional amendments.  After all, it is a living, breathing document.

Should you fail to obtain for the citizenry the results which we desire, we must humbly look elsewhere for our next Senator.

Yours Truly,
The Citizenry of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Well I hope you vote for me, you've always been a productive forum member and a goldmine of information on NJ politics, of course this is a joke but if you have any real concerns or bills you want introduced I would be happy to do it even though I am not your senator.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 12:04:13 PM »

Dear Senator,

Your humble constituency in the glorious Commonwealth of Massachusetts writes to implore you to impose our radical, left wing agenda upon the general citizenry nationwide.

(1) Mandatory same-sex unions for those over 18.  Provisions of this bill should allow for non-sexual experimentation at the age of 16, which would entail taking a cell phone photo of yourself kissing a member of the same sex, and then uploading the picture onto a myspace account.
(2) Universal Healthcare in the current, f-ed up way Massachusetts chose to implement it.  This means the government should punish those who cannot afford to buy their own health insurance with fines.
(3) National celebration of "Suddenly Susan Week" should be extended to a full month; "Suddenly Susan Month" shall take place October 1–31, 2007.
(5) A special 60% income tax rate applicable only to those living in Rutherford, NJ and New Canaan, CT.

All laws which may be deemed unconstitutional should be instead introduced as constitutional amendments.  After all, it is a living, breathing document.

Should you fail to obtain for the citizenry the results which we desire, we must humbly look elsewhere for our next Senator.

Yours Truly,

Well I hope you vote for me, you've always been a productive forum member and a goldmine of information on NJ politics, of course this is a joke but if you have any real concerns or bills you want introduced I would be happy to do it even though I am not your senator.

These are your constituents, I doubt they will look kindly on calling some of their desires a joke.

Wow, you really have crossed the line.  It was obviously a joke by Mr. Moderate, did you even read it?  Do you realize you unimportant you are in Atlasia?  No one really responds to you except for me to show how ridiculous you are.  You are the one that left a senate race because they were going to be beaten badly.

BTW, WRONG thanks for playing but MA is not in District 2
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 12:10:04 PM »

Dear Senator,

Yours Truly,

These are your constituents, I doubt they will look kindly on calling some of their desires a joke.

Wow, you really have crossed the line.  It was obviously a joke by Mr. Moderate, did you even read it?  Do you realize you unimportant you are in Atlasia?  No one really responds to you except for me to show how ridiculous you are.  You are the one that left a senate race because they were going to be beaten badly.

BTW, WRONG thanks for playing but MA is not in District 2

I remember a considerable response to my Senatorial approval poll, remember the results of that?

You mean the push poll with <10 responses, most of which being constituets or people who have never voted for me.  Only one person who voted me responded in that poll.  Remember that election you backed out of because you were going to lose?

The DWTL campaign annouces that he will raising $10 in "TN2024 Cash" to show him how insignifigant he is.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 05:26:54 PM »

The campaign of DownWithTheLeft has decided to run TV and radio commericials in the New York Metropolitan, DC Metropolitan, and New England areas.  These will be paid for by the Give DownWithTheLeft a Third Term Committee
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 08:16:35 PM »

The campaign of DownWithTheLeft has decided to run TV and radio commericials in the New York Metropolitan, DC Metropolitan, and New England areas.  These will be paid for by the Give DownWithTheLeft a Third Term Committee

Who would be on this committee?

My campaign team
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 07:32:30 AM »

My campaign team

Names?

People who I have helped on their campaigns such as Kevin and SouthParkConservative for starters I would hope, and also many members of the senate.  Just because you are the loudest means nothing.  If Sensei is Al Sharpton, then you are Mike Gravel.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 07:50:49 AM »

I cannot wait to see the look on TN2024's face when I win in August Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 12:21:30 PM »

My campaign team

Names?

People who I have helped on their campaigns such as Kevin and SouthParkConservative for starters I would hope, and also many members of the senate.  Just because you are the loudest means nothing.  If Sensei is Al Sharpton, then you are Mike Gravel.

I'm pretty sure Sensei is not Al Sharpton, though a celebrity on the forum would be interesting.

I'll guess that was sarcasm and you at least have the intelligence to get my point.  However, I am glad to you do not deny you are a loud-mouthed, insignifigant, rambling fmr. senator like Mike Gravel

Wait, we just established that Sensei was not Al Sharpton, making me not Mike Gravel. And as far as former Senators go, you will be joining me as one in August. The difference is I'm not obsessed with keeping my fantasy seat.

Why don't you go find some friends, or go be a "monster" on the piano as you have claimed to be.

I am so glad I don't have obsessive jealous feelings about someone having a "fantasy" seat

You are SUCH a LOSER it's not even funny, have you ever posted a picture of yourself on the picture threads, if you look like I imagine you do it can explain your personality.

No I have not posted a picture on the post on a picture thread because I rather post pictures of myself on the internet.  As opposed to what, your fake football picture with the letters across it?  Give it a rest, I will no longer be responding unless your messaging are something other than crying about how your not a senator and I am.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 12:31:35 PM »

TN, the only person without a future in Atlasia is you because you refuse to let the game be fun.  Porce and myself is a terrific example, we have our scufflings in the senate but we don't go all out arguments for nothing all the time.  No one else on this board argues so pointlessly like a little child like you do.  Do you really think you mindless posting make people not want to vote for me?  They make them want to vote for me to shut you up and make the game fun again.  That is my parting word on the matter for now.

To official campaign stuff, the BBQ tomorrow is expected great weather and a great turnout.  Many people we be on hand including some fellow senators.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 12:50:25 PM »

DWTL, lay off the bitter attacks against TN. So far, you're the only one who's been in the wrong here.

Umm..., he's the one who instigates battles I'm only responding and telling him to stop because he is pointless.  Did you read the thread or just blame me for no reason?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies