Roy Moore 2004
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:11:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Roy Moore 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Roy Moore 2004  (Read 29611 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2004, 12:04:23 PM »

My understanding was always that you should “hate the sin and love the sinner” that’s always been the teaching of the churches I’ve regularly attended…

When Jesus drove the money lenders from the Temple he was attacking the poisoning of the sacred ground and the corruption of the Jewish hierarchy of the time not the people personally…

It has always been my impression that God hates the wickedness or the evil committed by people but not the people as he always offers the prospect of salvation… I do not think god could be considered to hate anything as is not hate and all destructive emotions identified with the devil who is the antithesis of God… but its been a while since I studied theology and I’m a bit rusty… still regularly read into philosophy though…

Disclaimer: I’m a Catholic by the way so that might colure my views here…however in terms of church teaching I’m liberal on some issues (married clergy, the notion of original sin, etc…) and conservative on other issues (some social issues, would prefer to see the Latin mass restored, very much an absolute believer in transubstantiation)… well there you go…

Hehe...another theological discussion involving JMF could be fun...I'd encourage you to read up on your theology if you're gonna discuss religion with him... Wink
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2004, 12:34:27 PM »

Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated. (Rom 9:13, Mal 1:3)

The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who do wrong. (Psa 5:5)

You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them. (Lev 20:23)

There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: 17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, 18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, 19 a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers. (Psa 6:16-19)

"Because of all their wickedness in Gilgal, I hated them there. (Hosea 9:15)

So I reflected on all this and concluded that the righteous and the wise and what they do are in God's hands, but no man knows whether love or hate awaits him.(Ecc 9:1)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2004, 12:35:38 PM »

Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated. (Rom 9:13, Mal 1:3)

The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who do wrong. (Psa 5:5)

You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them. (Lev 20:23)

There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: 17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, 18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, 19 a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers. (Psa 6:16-19)

"Because of all their wickedness in Gilgal, I hated them there. (Hosea 9:15)

So I reflected on all this and concluded that the righteous and the wise and what they do are in God's hands, but no man knows whether love or hate awaits him.(Ecc 9:1)

OK, so God has a lot more hate than I thought then...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2004, 12:36:03 PM »

JMF, what version of the Bible is that? (just curious, not being offensive or seeking trouble etc.)
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2004, 12:42:21 PM »

OK, so God has a lot more hate than I thought then...

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge" is not written for no reason.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2004, 01:40:50 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2004, 01:42:31 PM by jmfcst »

JMF, what version of the Bible is that? (just curious, not being offensive or seeking trouble etc.)

I believe it is the NIV, but it reads the same in protestant (KJV, NASB, etc) and Catholic (NAB, D-R.etc) translations.  
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2004, 09:59:35 AM »

Politics1:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2004, 12:07:44 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2004, 12:16:30 PM by Ben »

MOORE IN 04!!!

Sorry…getting a bit carried away…its just so dame catchy I could vote for the guy…wow I could be a moore democrat!

Now seriously… if Moore ran what kind of resources would he have? I would guess that he might well get the same if not more media coverage than Nader in 2000 and would that help? What sort of percentage of the vote could he get? Nationwide? I assume he would perform best in the “Bible belt” so Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas… perhaps 10-15% of the vote in these states (would that really make a difference)… in terms of marginal states I would have thought that he could siphon off a noticeable percentage of Bush’s votes (say 3-6%) in West Virginia, Florida, Arkansas (perhaps more there)… I really will have to research this and get back to the thread to see if he could do well… but from what I know a present I would say the guy could do very well for a 3rd Party in the South and mean over the entire region an average of say 8-10% (?) nationwide…hum perhaps 3-6% (?) could get the constitution party some much needed federal funding…could be interesting…      

PS; How do you paste pictures on the message board?  

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2004, 12:22:42 PM »

Right click on the image you want to copy, click on "properties", copy the URL that then comes up, put img inside [] paste the URL and put /img inside a []
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2004, 03:49:14 PM »

MOORE IN 04!!!

Sorry…getting a bit carried away…its just so dame catchy I could vote for the guy…wow I could be a moore democrat!

Now seriously… if Moore ran what kind of resources would he have? I would guess that he might well get the same if not more media coverage than Nader in 2000 and would that help? What sort of percentage of the vote could he get? Nationwide? I assume he would perform best in the “Bible belt” so Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas… perhaps 10-15% of the vote in these states (would that really make a difference)… in terms of marginal states I would have thought that he could siphon off a noticeable percentage of Bush’s votes (say 3-6%) in West Virginia, Florida, Arkansas (perhaps more there)… I really will have to research this and get back to the thread to see if he could do well… but from what I know a present I would say the guy could do very well for a 3rd Party in the South and mean over the entire region an average of say 8-10% (?) nationwide…hum perhaps 3-6% (?) could get the constitution party some much needed federal funding…could be interesting…      

PS; How do you paste pictures on the message board?  

This thing about pasting images keep coming up and creating problems...a bit like the D.C. Political Report... Grin
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2004, 08:24:37 PM »

POLITICS1.COM REPORTS:

IS "TEN COMMANDMENTS JUDGE" CONSIDERING WHITE HOUSE RUN? Removed Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore appears to be quietly considering a third party run for President in 2004. Moore drew national headlines this summer when he was deposed from office over his defiant refusal to follow a court order that he remove a granite Ten Commandments monument that he had placed in the State Supreme Court building lobby. According to several sources, Moore -- currently a Republican -- is considering an offer from the Constitution Party that he run as their nominee for President this year. When recently asked by one conservative news organization if he was running for President, Moore ambiguously answered "Not right now." Moore is still appealing his removal, but that appeal is expected to be done fairly soon. "Anything is possible. However, until the appeal process has been run through, he'll make no decision for political office," said Moore's spokesperson. Conservative attorney Mike Peroutka is the CP's designated "provisional nominee," subject to ratification at this summer's national convention. However, Peroutka has stated he would step aside if the party could recruit a big name candidate. Moore is reportedly watching to see how the GOP and President Bush handle the current gay marriage issue before making his decision on the race. Moore is no moderate on the gay issue. “Homosexuality is an act so heinous that it defies one’s ability to describe it. The State carries the power of the sword, that is, the power to prohibit conduct with physical penalties, such as confinement and even execution," wrote Moore in a 2002 court ruling. The Constitution Party is expected to obtain ballot status in about 40 states.

California Dreamer

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2004, 10:16:31 PM »

If this guy runs, I will send him money

if the left has to deal with the Greens and Nader both running, I think its only fair for the right to have its loony bin chime in too.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2004, 10:21:12 PM »

RUN ROY RUN!  RUN ROY RUN! RUN ROY RUN!  RUN ROY RUN! RUN ROY RUN!  RUN ROY RUN! RUN ROY RUN!  RUN ROY RUN! RUN ROY RUN!  RUN ROY RUN! RUN ROY RUN!  RUN ROY RUN! RUN ROY RUN!  RUN ROY RUN!

You get the idea.

RUN ROY RUN!  RUN ROY RUN!
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2004, 11:46:41 PM »

i think he will take away bush thats why im supporting him, its better for kerry, he could possibly win alabama
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2004, 11:48:58 PM »

i think he will take away bush thats why im supporting him, its better for kerry, he could possibly win alabama
LA, AR, TN, and KY would go into the lean Kerry column automatically,
California Dreamer

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2004, 03:44:07 AM »

I believe it is the moral  imperitive that every God loving American get in touch with Roy and get him to run.

Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2004, 05:48:42 AM »

Is there a Draft Roy website or similar that we can go to and encourage the man to run?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2004, 07:31:55 AM »

Is there a Draft Roy website or similar that we can go to and encourage the man to run?
I'll look!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2004, 07:35:21 AM »

I can't find any Sad
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2004, 09:59:30 AM »

I believe it is the moral  imperitive that every God loving American get in touch with Roy and get him to run.

Now a lefty wants to create a "moral imperitive" for us?  LOL.
NHPolitico

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2004, 12:43:24 PM »

Now a lefty wants to create a "moral imperitive" for us?  LOL.

A new case of moral relativism-- support morality if it'll help beat Bush.  I can't blame them strategically, I guess.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2004, 01:59:18 PM »

At the moment from what I hear it looks like Nader might run... so in the interests of fairness and as a proud "Democrat for Moore" I say that we need the moral forthrightness and clarity of vision that only Roy Moore can give us in these troubeled times…

Sorry I’ll have to take this more seriously….

Could the constitution Party and the Reform Party agree to some kind of alliance for this contest? I mean both have some polices in common and an alliance would seem like a good idea with a combination of social and fiscal conservatism well I bet they could gain 3-6% nationwide… I bet Moore would get the same if not more air time than Nader in 2000 partly because in 2000 Buchanan had been around for the best part of a decade while despite the fact Nader ran in 1996 he was seen as new news.. added to this Moore is a bit of a character… If he has a huge ego or alternatively is deeply committed to his beliefs (and may I say that almost without exception I don’t agree with him on every thing) he’ll go for it… however my hunch is that he’s scaring the national republican party and keeping his name recognition high so that he can make a run for the Governorship in Alabama…  

PS; Still having trouble with this pasting of images…              
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2004, 02:19:42 PM »

At the moment from what I hear it looks like Nader might run... so in the interests of fairness and as a proud "Democrat for Moore" I say that we need the moral forthrightness and clarity of vision that only Roy Moore can give us in these troubeled times…

Sorry I’ll have to take this more seriously….

Could the constitution Party and the Reform Party agree to some kind of alliance for this contest? I mean both have some polices in common and an alliance would seem like a good idea with a combination of social and fiscal conservatism well I bet they could gain 3-6% nationwide… I bet Moore would get the same if not more air time than Nader in 2000 partly because in 2000 Buchanan had been around for the best part of a decade while despite the fact Nader ran in 1996 he was seen as new news.. added to this Moore is a bit of a character… If he has a huge ego or alternatively is deeply committed to his beliefs (and may I say that almost without exception I don’t agree with him on every thing) he’ll go for it… however my hunch is that he’s scaring the national republican party and keeping his name recognition high so that he can make a run for the Governorship in Alabama…  

PS; Still having trouble with this pasting of images…              

Ypu begin with an ... Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2004, 02:24:42 PM »

Wishful thinking.  KY in particular.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2004, 03:04:57 PM »

Wishful thinking.  KY in particular.

Kentucky was as strongly Republican in the last election as the Deep South states:

Bush victory margin in Southern states:

OK: 21.88%

TX: 21.32%

MS: 16.91%

SC: 15.93%

KY: 15.13%

AL: 14.88%

NC: 12.83%

GA: 11.69%

VA: 8.04%

LA: 7.68%

AR: 5.44%

TN: 3.86%

FL: 0.01%

When you look at this there seems to be a few different categories: the strong Bush states, like OK, TX, MS, SC, KY, AL, whereas LA and VA are both more of leaners. TN and AR might both be affected by home state effect, of course.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies