Roy Moore 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:45:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Roy Moore 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Roy Moore 2004  (Read 30058 times)
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« on: February 03, 2004, 10:06:09 PM »

I'm scared of this guy! He's out there and potentially a dangerous statesman from the deep south. Don't let this guy speak!

Just to point out I think pretty much everyone has a right to speak in America so to not let him speak would go aginst the constituion(sorry might have taken that too seriously so if it was a joke sorry)

But he could damage Bush but the equalizer would be Nader I thought he already said he was running in '04 but I might have heard wrong.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 11:42:25 AM »

In recent history SOutherners have been rather reluctant to vote third party. Perot scored worst there, so did Nader, so did Anderson.
Seems they lost interest in voting third parties after 1968...Or maybe it's because voting patterns are now so strongly determined by race.
Doesn't bode well for a third party candidate who's logical base in SOuthern. Let me once more remind you of what happened to Buchanan.

Southerners don't vote third party in great numbers because they see themselves, culturally and polticially, as an embattled minority.  They quite rightly view the Republican Party, and its reliance on the South, as their vehicle for influencing a nation largely at odds with their desires.  I don't think many will throw this precarious power away on someone as pointless as Moore.
He'd make a great senator though - easily doable down the road.  Not unlike Ashcroft from my home state.  But if he steps outside the Republican Party in the South he ends his career in public life - becomes just another crackpot like Buchanan or Nader.

Yeah its just really not a good idea for him to do that... You're right on Opedo

Oh and don't forget to vote in the fantasy election!

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=13
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies