Evans and Novak Political report:Landrieu is top target for GoP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:55:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Evans and Novak Political report:Landrieu is top target for GoP
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Evans and Novak Political report:Landrieu is top target for GoP  (Read 1178 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 27, 2007, 06:14:46 PM »

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2007/06/27/republicans_see_landrieu_as_vulnerable.html
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 06:42:54 PM »

If they thought somewhere else were their best pick-up opportunity, I'd be concerned for their sanity.
Conan
conan

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 09:30:10 PM »

Who would have thought.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 09:33:32 PM »

She is definitely in trouble. Any Democrat would have a tough race in Louisiana at the moment.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 10:05:01 PM »

Heavily Democratic New Orleans did lose population, but so did the New Orleans suburbs which is strongly GOP.  Still hurts the Dems quite a bit obviously, but not as much as if it were just New Orleans which is the claim some have made.  Also the GOP's bench isn't strong.  Vitter is already in the Senate, Jindhl will be in the Governor's mansion.  The bench for the GOP isn't that strong.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 10:48:34 PM »

Heavily Democratic New Orleans did lose population, but so did the New Orleans suburbs which is strongly GOP.

The part that lost population the most that votes GOP is from where BrandonH is (St. Bernard), not St. Tammany.

According to my sources, the population loss from New Orleans was much greater than any the suburbs by far (and more people actually left Louisiana from that area, instead of going to say Baton Rouge).
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 11:49:01 PM »

Heavily Democratic New Orleans did lose population, but so did the New Orleans suburbs which is strongly GOP.

The part that lost population the most that votes GOP is from where BrandonH is (St. Bernard), not St. Tammany.

According to my sources, the population loss from New Orleans was much greater than any the suburbs by far (and more people actually left Louisiana from that area, instead of going to say Baton Rouge).

I'm not suggesting that the amount of votes the GOP lost were even close to the amount of votes the Dems lost, because the Dems did lsoe many more votes.  However, the GOP lost some votes as weel, the prevailing thoughts regarding the Katrina factor was that it only hurt Democratic areas, when it didn't.  It hurt the Dems much more, and it obviously helps the GOP, however not as much as if it were just New Orleans city proper that lost votes which is what some try to portray.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 06:01:06 AM »

Frankly, I wouldn't exactly be distraught if she lost.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 08:48:17 AM »

The bench for the GOP isn't that strong.

The GOP's bench isn't that strong, but fortunately for the LA GOP, neither is Mary Landrieu.

I mean, she almost lost to Suzie "Who?" Terrell in 2002.

Things have gotten harder for Mary since, not easier.  Republicans picked up Vitter's seat (easily), will win the Governor's race this year (easily)...they're on quite the roll.  Hard to quell that kind of momentum.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 04:05:59 PM »

The GOP's bench isn't that strong, but fortunately for the LA GOP, neither is Mary Landrieu.

Things have gotten harder for Mary since, not easier.  Republicans picked up Vitter's seat (easily), will win the Governor's race this year (easily)...they're on quite the roll.  Hard to quell that kind of momentum.

51% for Vitter with all-Democratic opposition wasn't an "easy" pickup for Vitter. True, it's unlikely that he would have lost the run-off had he gotten 49% instead, but it would have been close.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 02:16:12 AM »

However, she is stronger than the GOP bench
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies