MD Sen Democratic primary: Who wins?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 06:05:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD Sen Democratic primary: Who wins?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: Select one
Angela Alsobrooks

David Trone

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: MD Sen Democratic primary: Who wins?  (Read 4246 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2024, 06:08:11 PM »

I think the Alsobrooks late surge is real-

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2024, 10:04:25 PM »

If Alsobrooks has a sizeable win I think there’s a good arguement that pollsters undersample urban blacks. The same thing happened in 2022 with Wes Moore was was polling around 20% but then won with 32%.

If this is true on a larger scale then that could be a good sign for Biden in Michigan, Pennsylvania
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2024, 10:23:15 PM »

If Alsobrooks has a sizeable win I think there’s a good arguement that pollsters undersample urban blacks. The same thing happened in 2022 with Wes Moore was was polling around 20% but then won with 32%.

If this is true on a larger scale then that could be a good sign for Biden in Michigan, Pennsylvania

And Georgia…
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2024, 02:07:48 AM »

I think this will end up being the case, simultaneously while Trump horrifically underperforms, and we get one day of discussion saying "okay, maybe Biden can still win," and then that conversation will be nullified by a poll taken at face value of Trump leading in Hawaii by 15 points or something.
David Hume
davidhume
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: 1.22

P P
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2024, 02:19:54 AM »

Trone. Electability is a big issue in this primary since we have to beat Hogan.
How is Trone, a white male super rich self-funder with scandals, more electable than Alsobrooks, a black female that is supported by the whole party apparatus?
David Hume
davidhume
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2024, 02:24:27 AM »

I'm thinking Trone at this point. PPP not giving the primary numbers is telling. There's only six days left and Trone has been in the driver's seat the entire time. Alsobrooks just hasn't made a compelling enough case as to why Trone supporters should switch to her. Despite her endorsements, she doesn't have an ideological angle or an electability angle to persuade people. She's relying solely on the endorsements and on making history as a Black woman, but that doesn't make enough of a difference.
Alsobrooks. Both two polls in May have Alsobrooks leading now.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2024, 10:17:07 AM »

How is Trone, a white male super rich self-funder with scandals, more electable than Alsobrooks, a black female that is supported by the whole party apparatus?

He consistently polls better than her?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2024, 10:47:27 AM »

Can't wait til Alsobrooks win
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2024, 10:50:43 AM »

He consistently polls better than her?

Alsobrooks is up 10 points in the latest poll. Trone is up 11 points. But Hogan is at 38% in both, and 21% never heard of Alsobrooks vs. just 14% for Trone, so the 1 point difference is likely name recognition.

https://emersoncollegepolling.com/maryland-2024-poll-alsobrooks-42-trone-41/
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2024, 11:21:34 AM »

Maryland gets to avoid criticism because it's not a swing state but I distinctly remeber them counting votes very slowly in 2022, similar to California or Arizona. Will we even know the result tonight if it's close-ish?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2024, 11:24:03 AM »

Alsobrooks by 4.
Oppo

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2024, 11:58:45 AM »

Maryland gets to avoid criticism because it's not a swing state but I distinctly remeber them counting votes very slowly in 2022, similar to California or Arizona. Will we even know the result tonight if it's close-ish?
You can blame Larry Hogan for that — he vetoed a bill that would have allowed mail-in-ballots to be counted early!
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2024, 12:58:32 PM »

My prediction is the same as when the race started.

Alsobrooks beats Trone 55/45
David Hume
davidhume
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2024, 12:59:52 PM »

You can blame Larry Hogan for that — he vetoed a bill that would have allowed mail-in-ballots to be counted early!
Didn't Dem have vetoproof supermajority?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2024, 01:15:10 PM »

Didn't Dem have vetoproof supermajority?
Betting Markets have Alsobrooks ahead!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2024, 01:26:15 PM »

If true, that would actually vindicate several posters on this forum that have predicted that. And would bode well for our predictions about early general election polls being moot or outright nonsense... ergo Hogan is going to crater in November.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2024, 03:58:30 PM »

Here's that timeline.  If things are close, like they were in the gov primary in 2022, then there won't be a call.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2024, 07:23:52 PM »

STOP TEH COUNT WE HAVE TRONEMENTUM!
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2024, 07:26:05 PM »

STOP TEH COUNT WE HAVE TRONEMENTUM!

These initial results actually seem really bad for Trone in counties that are majority White even in Dem registration.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2024, 07:35:57 PM »

Alsobrooks takes the lead with a big dump from PG County where she gets 70%. Not sure if that will be enough though.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2024, 07:36:50 PM »

If Trone doesn't get a landslide result in Montgomery County, then this is probably callable. Those numbers in the majority-White counties do not suggest a close race.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2024, 07:39:50 PM »

Alsobrooks only up 12 in Baltimore City. She's still in the lead by 1% even after more vote dumps came in having her get creamed on the Eastern Shore and in Trone's district. She's not losing Montgomery County as badly as I thought at the moment (8%), but I'm unsure if those votes are from Raskin's district and not Trone's.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2024, 07:41:10 PM »

Alsobrooks only up 12 in Baltimore City. She's still in the lead by 1% even after more vote dumps came in having her get creamed on the Eastern Shore and in Trone's district. She's not losing Montgomery County as badly as I thought at the moment (8%), but I'm unsure if those votes are from Raskin's district and not Trone's.

Look at the timeline from above. This is mostly EV and early-mail. Aka in theory Trone's best groups. And he lost In person EV 53-43, and won early-counted mail 55-42. The in-person tells us the upcoming direction of travel.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2024, 07:42:18 PM »

It's not looking good for Alsobrooks... she's only leading in 2 counties, PG and Prince Charles, and Baltimore City. And PG has a higher % in than the rest of the state. But it's going to be close. She'd have to rely on ED vote breaking for her.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2024, 07:42:36 PM »

If Trone doesn't get a landslide result in Montgomery County, then this is probably callable. Those numbers in the majority-White counties do not suggest a close race.

Trone only being up 8 with the early vote there doesn't seem to bode well for him.

Didn't expect Alsobrooks to be in the statewide lead either with the early vote.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies