Terrorist Attack in Scotland
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:56:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Terrorist Attack in Scotland
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Terrorist Attack in Scotland  (Read 1363 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2007, 11:39:12 AM »

A burning car was rammed in towards the terminal of Glasgow Airport in Glasgow, Scotland.

2-3 people have been arrested, eyewitnesses report seeing an "asian" man exiting the burning car and holding a gas canister.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287472,00.html

For some reason, the National Networks are not breaking in. I find that disturbing.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 11:42:55 AM »

This is also being discussed in the "London car bombs" thread.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »

One witness said that it appeared that the driver was trying to drive straight through the terminal doors, another that its driver revved the engine to cause the tyres to catch fire. A further eyewitness reported that the Asian man came out of the car, poured petrol on himself, then began fighting with police.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 11:51:17 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2007, 11:57:09 AM by Sen. Ernest »

For some reason, the National Networks are not breaking in. I find that disturbing.
Let's see here, it's the weekend, so the broadcast network news staffs are spread thin.  At this time of day, a lot of stations aren't carrying a network feed.  No reported casualties so far other than the idiots in the car.  It's in a foreign country.  Probably no video footage yet.  I can't see any reason why any broadcast network should try to break in with this now.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 11:51:59 AM »

BBC
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 11:52:53 AM »

Let's see here, it's the weekend, so the broadcast network news staffs are spread thin.  At this time of day, a lot of stations aren't carrying a network feed.  No reported casualties so far other than the idiots in the car.  It's in a foreign country.  Probably no video footage yet.  I can see any reason why any broadcast network should try to break in with this now.

Yeah...it is the weekend...I thought about that.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 02:19:15 AM »

Not trying to sound selfish here - but all of this going on right before I leave for Europe (especially London) is kinda worrying me.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 03:08:50 AM »

Not trying to sound selfish here - but all of this going on right before I leave for Europe (especially London) is kinda worrying me.

I know what you mean. After I graduated in late June 2005 we were going on a Euro-Rail trip up to Berlin first, then to Amsterdam and Paris. We originally planned to go to London then. But a girl in my group fell ill the day before and we stayed in Paris. We would have arrived in London on 7/7/2005 and we would have taken the sub for sure that day to get to our hostel. That doesn´t mean we had to be in one of the bombed stations, but we had a rather awkward feeling then as we heard the news about the bombings in the subway ...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies