When will the Republicans win the popular vote again with a clear majority?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 06:47:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When will the Republicans win the popular vote again with a clear majority?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When will the Republicans win the popular vote again with a clear majority?  (Read 524 times)
iceman
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2024, 08:43:18 PM »

2004 was the most recent majority win by the GOP and has never been achieved again. Why does the GOP doesn’t seem to resonate with the majority of americans? When do you think they would win the popular vote again?
Steve from Lambeth
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2024, 09:31:59 PM »

At some point in Donald Trump's lifetime.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2024, 09:54:00 PM »

2028, if Trump loses yet again this year. 
DS0816
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 08:46:03 AM »

2004 was the most recent majority win by the GOP and has never been achieved again. Why does the GOP doesn’t seem to resonate with the majority of americans? When do you think they would win the popular vote again?

If Democratic-vs.-Republican combined for 97 to 99 percent … it would happen this year [2024].

I think Trump’s Republican pickup for U.S. President—with 31 carried states, plus Maine’s 2nd Congressional District, and 312 electoral votes—will come with a U.S. Popular Vote percentage-points margin of +3.

In that case, with a combined two-party vote of 97 to 99 percent, Trump would get 50 or 51 while Biden would receive 47 or 48 percent.

I think the Election 2024 two-party vote will end up about 94 or 95 percent and, effective 05.16.2024, I would guess: Trump 49 vs. Biden 46 percent.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2024, 08:47:30 AM »

Next time GOP wins the election after this year
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2024, 08:51:04 AM »

If Trump fails to win the popular vote this year, then by 2028 a 57 year old man will only have been able to vote in one election his entire life where the GOP won the popular vote. And yet we could also be going full bore towards fascism. Shows how "democratic" we really are as a country (hint: we are not).

Hence I don't take seriously Bidens claims he's "defending democracy". A system where a 57 year old man can see one party win his entire adult life yet the other one be in the drivers seat of the major political directions of the country is what he's defending. What we have is a facade of democracy whose main function is to lend legitimacy to an anti-democratic system.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2024, 10:45:30 AM »

If Trump fails to win the popular vote this year, then by 2028 a 57 year old man will only have been able to vote in one election his entire life where the GOP won the popular vote. And yet we could also be going full bore towards fascism. Shows how "democratic" we really are as a country (hint: we are not).

Hence I don't take seriously Bidens claims he's "defending democracy". A system where a 57 year old man can see one party win his entire adult life yet the other one be in the drivers seat of the major political directions of the country is what he's defending. What we have is a facade of democracy whose main function is to lend legitimacy to an anti-democratic system.

Well, the GOP has done well in congressional elections in the last decades...
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2024, 11:05:33 AM »

If Trump wins while losing the PV later this year, it could possibly be a long time.  Democrats would most likely suceed Trump with two terms, so my bet would be 2036.

If Biden is reelected then probably either 2028 or 2032.

Trump winning the popular vote this year is likelier than most people think, somewhere between a 20-30% chance I'd say.  But winning a popular vote majority is going to be hard for either candidate this cycle.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2024, 09:20:42 AM »

2028, if Trump loses yet again this year. 

Yup, that's my expectation. Otherwise, perhaps in 2036 after 2 terms of another Dem succeeding Trump in 2029.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies