Muslim vs. Christian vs. Jew races
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:26:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Muslim vs. Christian vs. Jew races
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Muslim vs. Christian vs. Jew races  (Read 2463 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2007, 06:14:44 PM »

I know of two:

MN-5 2006 race
Wisconsin Senate 2004

In MN-5, a candidate from each religion got over 10%. Is that the first case of it ever happening? Has there been any other such races?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 06:26:51 PM »

I know of two:

MN-5 2006 race
Wisconsin Senate 2004

In MN-5, a candidate from each religion got over 10%. Is that the first case of it ever happening? Has there been any other such races?

As for it being the first one, I couldn't tell you, but look at the 2008 Presidential Race.  You have a possible muslim (Barack Obama), a Mormon (Mitt Romney), several Christians, and if Mike Bloomberg jumps in, you will have a Jew.  Note:  I don't consider Mormons to be Christians, just a matter of personal belief.

As for Obama.  I don't know if he's Muslim, Christian, or whatever, but I believe he did go to a muslim school in his youth.  Thats why I put possible muslim.  I didn't want to offend him either way or offend his supporters either way.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 06:29:55 PM »

Obama is not Muslim.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 06:32:01 PM »

As for Obama.  I don't know if he's Muslim, Christian, or whatever, but I believe he did go to a muslim school in his youth.  Thats why I put possible muslim.

You're joking, right?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 06:46:39 PM »

If Obama was a Muslim, he'd have no chance.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 09:26:43 PM »

I've been saying that Obama doesn't have a chance for some time now. Tongue
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 10:45:56 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2007, 05:41:21 PM by Dave Leip »

As for Obama.  I don't know if he's Muslim, Christian, or whatever, but I believe he did go to a muslim school in his youth.  Thats why I put possible muslim.  I didn't want to offend him either way or offend his supporters either way.

He's very obviously not a Muslim. The "Muslim school" he went to was a madrassa--but "madrassa" is just the Arabic word for school and can refer to secular or religious schools; this one was secular. And he was only there for about a year. And he attends church weekly.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 04:12:32 PM »

I know of two:

MN-5 2006 race
Wisconsin Senate 2004

As for it being the first one, I couldn't tell you, but look at the 2008 Presidential Race.  You have a possible muslim (Barack Obama), a Mormon (Mitt Romney), several Christians, and if Mike Bloomberg jumps in, you will have a Jew.  Note:  I don't consider Mormons to be Christians, just a matter of personal belief.

You seriously think Obama is muslim? That's a very ignorant thing to say.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 04:18:58 PM »

The "Obama = Muslim" lie has already been utterly debunked way back by CNN.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 04:28:29 PM »

Obama is not my top choice, but that is just retarded.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 05:38:51 PM »

Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 05:51:41 PM »

Why are so many people here determined to plug their ears and to not learn the truth about things?  That Obama is not a Muslim and was not raised in a Muslim environment is not even up for debate.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 06:26:25 AM »

I know of two:

MN-5 2006 race
Wisconsin Senate 2004

You seriously think Obama is muslim? That's a very ignorant thing to say.

Everyone:  Read my post again -- I said I DON'T KNOW IF HE'S MUSLIM   I am not calling him a muslim or not a muslim.  I was just answering the question that BRTD brought up with the 2008 Race.  Don't attack me for answering a simple question and please do not put words in my mouth that I did not say.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 06:27:59 AM »

Why are so many people here determined to plug their ears and to not learn the truth about things?  That Obama is not a Muslim and was not raised in a Muslim environment is not even up for debate.

Exactly -- I was just answering BRTD's question, not trying to raise a debate about it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 06:38:45 AM »

Don't you even think about attacking me for that.  Read that again.  I am not calling him muslim.  I said I didn't know if he was or not.  Is that such a horrible sin not knowing if Barack Obama was a muslim or not?

Okay, lets be calm and rational about this -- I was just answering a simple question with a totally legit answer -- is that wrong?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 06:40:51 AM »

Don't you even think about attacking me for that.  Read that again.  I am not calling him muslim.  I said I didn't know if he was or not.  Is that such a horrible sin not knowing if Barack Obama was a muslim or not?

Okay, lets be calm and rational about this -- I was just answering a simple question with a totally legit answer -- is that wrong?

Yeah, I don't think you get it.  He simply is not a Muslim.  The fact that you 'don't know' -- and seem to keep reiterating this as proof that you are not insane -- is exactly the problem.

Why bring 'sin' into this discussion?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 06:48:30 AM »

Yeah, I don't think you get it.  He simply is not a Muslim.  The fact that you 'don't know' -- and seem to keep reiterating this as proof that you are not insane -- is exactly the problem.

Why bring 'sin' into this discussion?

Why are you attacking me for not knowing his religion?  Maybe I didn't read that memo that he was not a muslim.  I agree he is not a muslim, but at the time of the original post, I was unsure.  It seems somebody around here needs an anger check, and its not me.  Calm down, bud.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 06:59:28 AM »

Why are you attacking me for not knowing his religion?

The idea that Obama is a Muslim is only seriously believed in hardcore rightwing extremist circles, and even then, not really.  To even suggest such a view shows vicious and extreme political ignorance.  Whether you know that now doesn't seem to have any impact on the fact that you have clearly misunderstood certain things, such as this:

Exactly -- I was just answering BRTD's question, not trying to raise a debate about it.

Comprehension issues aside, while we're at it, why not describe what you have against Mormons?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 08:08:35 AM »

Tone it down, folks, please.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies