Rep. Jasmine Crockett on MTG: "bleach blonde bad built butch body"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:19:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. Jasmine Crockett on MTG: "bleach blonde bad built butch body"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Rep. Jasmine Crockett on MTG: "bleach blonde bad built butch body"  (Read 2108 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2024, 09:54:39 PM »
« edited: May 16, 2024, 10:23:14 PM by DrScholl »

For context MTG engaged in a personal attack first by accused Crockett of wearing fake eyelashes. And I forgot to add that the GOP run committee refused to reprimand Greene for it.

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 09:56:35 PM »

I don't blame her for clapping back, but ideally progressives would refuse to stoop down to the level of the MAGA deplorables.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 10:00:20 PM »

The entire exchange was pretty embarrassing really.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 10:19:18 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2024, 10:23:59 PM by DrScholl »

So if somebody is making personal attacks against you and the committee won't enforce the rules you aren't supposed to say anything back? That's not how the real world works. What is embarrassing is that the House of Representatives is run by hypocrites and morons.

Democrats NOT responding is part of why they don't win elections. Right after Michelle Obama said "when they go low we go high" Trump won the election. It's time to read these people for filth.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2024, 10:38:13 PM »

I don't blame her for clapping back, but ideally progressives would refuse to stoop down to the level of the MAGA deplorables.

They tried to handle it parliamentary, and were denied. Don’t blame them for clapping back when an official reprimand was denied.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2024, 10:42:48 PM »

When you fight Republicans using their own corrosive tools, they win.

Was Rep. Crockett justified in hitting back at Rep. Greene?  Absolutely. Rep. Greene has done plenty that deserves criticism - whether it's her performative stupidity, her atrocious personal conduct, the horrible things she's said, etc. But going after her for her looks legitimizes this sort of pettiness, and lowers the already low level of discourse in our government.

Or to quote a very old piece of folk wisdom,  "What’s the sense of wrestling with a pig? You both get all over muddy . . . and the pig likes it.'”
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2024, 10:46:38 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2024, 10:52:39 PM by Schiff for Senate »

Was Rep. Crockett justified in hitting back at Rep. Greene?  Absolutely. Rep. Greene has done plenty that deserves criticism - whether it's her performative stupidity, her atrocious personal conduct, the horrible things she's said, etc. But going after her for her looks legitimizes this sort of pettiness, and lowers the already low level of discourse in our government.

Or to quote a very old piece of folk wisdom,  "What’s the sense of wrestling with a pig? You both get all over muddy . . . and the pig likes it.'”

Yeah, this. While I don't fully blame Crockett, she would have come off as far classier and more sympathetic if she had simply taken the high road and ignored Greene's comments...like come on, it's literally one of the most unserious and deplorable members of Congress. Don't feed the troll, keep doing what you're doing - she's best left ignored.

I am very impressed with Crockett's on-the-spot alliterative abilities, mind you.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2024, 10:51:13 PM »

Yeah, if the committee chair wasn't doing anything to stop MTG then it was all justified what the Democrats said.

Everyone in the country already knows MTG is a low-life loser though, so calling her out on that won't really accomplish much, but what else are they supposed to do I guess.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2024, 10:51:34 PM »

"Class" is for suckers in this environment. MTG dished it out, so she can surely take it.

Good on Crockett for rejecting the "when they go low, we go high" bullsh!t that's always - always - expected for the same side. That is the very definition of weakness.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2024, 12:13:33 AM »

I propose a new subcommittee comprised of the Squad women, Crockett, MTG, Boebert, Nancy Mace, and Anna Luna.  It would be chaired by Andy Cohen.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2024, 12:24:49 AM »

Was Rep. Crockett justified in hitting back at Rep. Greene?  Absolutely. Rep. Greene has done plenty that deserves criticism - whether it's her performative stupidity, her atrocious personal conduct, the horrible things she's said, etc. But going after her for her looks legitimizes this sort of pettiness, and lowers the already low level of discourse in our government.

Or to quote a very old piece of folk wisdom,  "What’s the sense of wrestling with a pig? You both get all over muddy . . . and the pig likes it.'”

What about this piece of folk wisdom, "When a bully hits you, hit them back"? Americans love a fighter. The whole "turn the other cheek" thing just comes off as aloof. Hit 'em back.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2024, 12:28:01 AM »

if the pig already dragged you into the mud, you're gonna need to wash your clothes either way. Better to try and teach it a lesson. Don't jump into the mud first, but if you're stuck in it, hit back.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2024, 02:27:57 AM »

Both should be punished. Congress people acting like high school students? Censure both.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2024, 02:30:59 AM »

This whole exchange (both of them) makes us look ridiculous. You have two women who are paid by our tax dollars verbally sparring at each other like high school girls. Ridiculous. What's the Congressional equivalent of making both sit in the corner or have a time out? If they wanna act like children they should be treated as such.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2024, 02:31:02 AM »

Why am I not surprised that all this happened under Comer's watch?
The guy isn't competent enough to preside over a spelling bee contest.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2024, 06:11:54 AM »

Yeah that's the reason MTG is bad, her body. Nothing else.

Embarrassing stuff. This isn't about decorum, there are virtually limitless things you can say about MTG that are way meaner than this and are actually legitimate criticisms. It's beyond me how she wasn't able to think of any
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2024, 08:42:42 AM »

Yeah that's the reason MTG is bad, her body. Nothing else.

Embarrassing stuff. This isn't about decorum, there are virtually limitless things you can say about MTG that are way meaner than this and are actually legitimate criticisms. It's beyond me how she wasn't able to think of any

If you call her what she is, a treasonous, bigoted, unqualified hack, it will have no effect. She knows this and is proud.

This gets to her real insecurities and what Republicans actually value in a female politician. She is suffering internally from this remark.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2024, 08:42:59 AM »

The GOP has turned govt into a circus and not a serious institution to solve people's problems. And they wonder why congress has a 15% approval rating, way lower than any prez ever.

Of course the GOP constantly lowers the moral standards and then complain about Dems being evil when we once in a while retaliate. I wish we could exchange arguments over issues on the "high road", but sadly that ship has sailed a long time ago and likely won't return in the median future.
mjba257
United States
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2024, 08:57:03 AM »

Crockett and Green both represent the worst of our government, and I'll throw in AOC, Ilhan Omar, Tlaib, Gaetz, and Boebert as well. This is one of the worst things to come out of the Trump era, and unfortunately has infected both sides of the aisle. Completely eschew dignity and professionalism and in favor of bombast, ad hominem attacks, and theatrics. Politics isn't supposed to be entertainment, it should be boring. Because actually getting things done is not exciting - it's heavily procedural and tedious. Unfortunately, certain members of government don't seem to be there to actually get anything done but rather make a name for themselves. They couldn't make it in show biz so instead they ran for office.

MTG is a trashy grifter who I still can't decide if she actually believes half the stuff she says or if it's just to grift the lowest common denominator of voters. Crockett, OTOH, is a very nasty, mean-spirited person with zero respect for decorum or decency and also is a butcherer of the English language. Watching the two of them go out it is like watching two s-l-u-t-s on a VH1 reality show get in a drunked brawl. They're both idiots and an embarrassment to their districts and need to GTFO of Washington and let the adults get back to governing.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2024, 08:58:48 AM »

Crockett and Green both represent the worst of our government, and I'll throw in AOC, Ilhan Omar, Tlaib, Gaetz, and Boebert as well. This is one of the worst things to come out of the Trump era, and unfortunately has infected both sides of the aisle. Completely eschew dignity and professionalism and in favor of bombast, ad hominem attacks, and theatrics. Politics isn't supposed to be entertainment, it should be boring. Because actually getting things done is not exciting - it's heavily procedural and tedious. Unfortunately, certain members of government don't seem to be there to actually get anything done but rather make a name for themselves. They couldn't make it in show biz so instead they ran for office.

MTG is a trashy grifter who I still can't decide if she actually believes half the stuff she says or if it's just to grift the lowest common denominator of voters. Crockett, OTOH, is a very nasty, mean-spirited person with zero respect for decorum or decency and also is a butcherer of the English language. Watching the two of them go out it is like watching two s-l-u-t-s on a VH1 reality show get in a drunked brawl. They're both idiots and an embarrassment to their districts and need to GTFO of Washington and let the adults get back to governing.

Obnoxious both-sidesism.
GAinDC

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2024, 09:08:52 AM »

Obnoxious both-sidesism.

And obviously informed by prejudice, calling Crockett a "butcherer of the English language. I'm sorry but she slayed in the takedown -- even Raskin had to smile
mjba257
United States
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2024, 09:35:13 AM »

Obnoxious both-sidesism.

Typical democrat. Got your head so far up your behind that you scoff at any critiques of your party. Crockett is trash. Pure and simple. No respect for decorum or decency, nor does she strike me as intelligent.
mjba257
United States
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2024, 09:40:12 AM »

Obnoxious both-sidesism.

And obviously informed by prejudice, calling Crockett a "butcherer of the English language. I'm sorry but she slayed in the takedown -- even Raskin had to smile

Omg, you're literally doing the "YAS QUEEN!" bs? No, she didn't "slay" anyone. She's a clown who got into an argument with another clown. If I ever run congress, my slogan would be "End the Clownshow" and I guarantee I'd win my purple district in a landslide.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2024, 09:49:43 AM »

If I ever run congress, my slogan would be "End the Clownshow" and I guarantee I'd win my purple district in a landslide.

Moderate in every sense of the word.
mjba257
United States
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2024, 09:51:11 AM »

If I ever run congress, my slogan would be "End the Clownshow" and I guarantee I'd win my purple district in a landslide.

Moderate in every sense of the word.

And proud of it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies