Flynt Ready to Implicate Another Senator
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:11:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Flynt Ready to Implicate Another Senator
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Flynt Ready to Implicate Another Senator  (Read 7336 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2007, 01:46:44 PM »

Eh, I wouldn't care all that much, to be honest with you. We could just beat them in a few years. I just want Casey, Jr's career to be finished. He is a disgrace, a sell out, etc.

I like that you are not at all bitter about the 2006 election.

I also like how willing you are to give the man a chance because, 7 months in Congress is certainly enough time to form an opinion of his performance, right?

Yes, I am bitter. I'm going to act just like people like yourself acted towards Santorum - I'll constantly be on Casey's case. The man is a joke. He does nothing. I dislike Specter but at least that man works. He sells out to the same people his late, great father fought against. He knows what they did to that man, the trouble they tried to cause for him yet he teams up with them to bring down a Senator that Casey probably didn't even care to defeat. Casey's all about being Governor but he allowed the Dem leadership to throw him into this race. He doesn't want to be there. You're kidding yourself if you think he wants to be a Senator.

The other freshmen (especially McCaskill and Sanders) seem to be performing well.

Ok, here's my top 8 list of potential folks:

*Clarence Thomas

*Marion Berry (the former Mayor, not the Congressman)
*Scott McClellan
*Ron Klink
*Zell Miller
*Paul Wolfowitz

Maybe you didn't get the memo about this being another Senator.

And who the hell cares about Ron Klink?

Actually as I understand it there are multiple individuals, including at least one person in the executive branch.  As for Ron Klink ... well, no one cares about him but I'll be honest, I didn't like him 6 years ago (I always felt his candidacy was a wasted opportunity to boot Santorum earlier).

This thread is about implicating another Senator.

I know you don't like Ron Klink. No Dem likes Ron Klink because of his race against Santorum. However, why the hell would you put him on your top eight potential people to be implicated list? It's not relevant.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2007, 02:31:36 PM »

I hope its someone like Ted Stevens or Jim Bunning. I want it to be a senator who just needs a bit of a “push” to consider a well deserved retirement. I'd hate to see it be a young, rising star in either party. Such a waste.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2007, 02:33:26 PM »

I hope its someone like Ted Stevens or Jim Bunning. I want it to be a senator who just needs a bit of a “push” to consider a well deserved retirement. I'd hate to see it be a young, rising star in either party. Such a waste.

Stevens would be fine, too. He needs to go.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2007, 07:46:39 PM »

Yes, I am bitter. I'm going to act just like people like yourself acted towards Santorum - I'll constantly be on Casey's case.

I had nothing against Santorum in 1994 when he was first elected.  In 2001 I actually said I would give George W Bush 2 years to prove himself to me.  But hey, if you want to go with closed mindedness then no one is going to change your mind.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh I agree that he would most likely prefer to be Governor, but I'd rather have him as my Senator instead of Santorum.  Look, would you rather have Dennis Kucinich as your rep or a bland Republican?

The phone records go back to the 90s.  I was just listing some folks who I find to be likely and personally entertaining.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2007, 08:00:46 PM »

Oh I agree that he would most likely prefer to be Governor, but I'd rather have him as my Senator instead of Santorum.  Look, would you rather have Dennis Kucinich as your rep or a bland Republican?

The bland Republican. But please remember that Casey isn't just a "bland" Dem. He's a sell out who did many other things to aggrivate some of us. I can understand why you don't mind him but understand where I am coming from. I love how he doesn't even want the job but let his campaign totally beat up on Santorum and his family. Very classy.

How would Klink be likely?
Conan
conan

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2007, 08:20:40 PM »

The bland Republican. But please remember that Casey isn't just a "bland" Dem. He's a sell out who did many other things to aggrivate some of us. I can understand why you don't mind him but understand where I am coming from. I love how he doesn't even want the job but let his campaign totally beat up on Santorum and his family. Very classy.

He beat up on Santorum's family?
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2007, 08:24:23 PM »

We Democrats view Casey as a bland Democrat and Santorum was as an extremist (the same way you Republicans view Kucinich as an extremist).  Calling Casey a "sellout" is just sour grapes.  He is and always has been a Democrat.

Now as for family beatings ... how the heck can you possibly fail to remember the 1988 attacks on Dukakis's wife?  Or the ENDLESS attacks on the Clintons in the 90's?  Maybe you remember Rush Limbaugh making fun of a then 13-y/o Chelsea Clinton's looks on his national tv show.  Or maybe the W Bush's push poll attack on John McCain and his family comes to mind.  Or maybe the blatant attacks on Theresa Heinz-Kerry come to mind?  If you want to complain about classy campaigning you really should look for it to come from your party first.  Otherwise, SHUT UP AND TAKE IT because what goes around comes around.

How would Klink be likely?
[/quote][/quote]

I thought Klink was busted back in 2002 in a prostituition sting in Pittsburgh.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2007, 08:32:09 PM »

I never heard that one. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2007, 08:35:25 PM »

He beat up on Santorum's family?

That man had the ability to stop (or at least speak out against) the harassment of his family throughout the campaign. When two people were stalking the Santorum family at their residence in Penn Hills, Casey said it wasn't anyone from his campaign and didn't request that local Dem leaders stop justifying the trespassing.

We Democrats view Casey as a bland Democrat and Santorum was as an extremist (the same way you Republicans view Kucinich as an extremist).  Calling Casey a "sellout" is just sour grapes.  He is and always has been a Democrat.

Uh, I never said he wasn't a Dem. I said he sold out to the very people that attacked his father to no end. The people that silenced his father. The people that tried to destroy his father.

Rush is a pig and I have always spoken out against how he mocked Chelsea Clinton.

I don't remember the attacks on Dukakis' wife because...uh...I was about six months old. I remember the whole rape question but that wasn't a Bush ploy. Am I missing something?

Just as wrong.

The woman invited attacks. She was Ms. Outspoken. In fact, she started more fights than anyone else.

I'm not going to take "what goes around comes around" when it comes to the Santorum family since Santorum never brought others' families into question.

Never heard of that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2007, 08:35:52 PM »

I never heard that one. 

LOL yeah. He definetley made that one up.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2007, 10:56:01 AM »

Phil, I never realized you're only 19.  Sometimes I forget about the youth of a lot of the Republicans on this board.  Not that I'm that much older, but it explains why you guys don't remember how some of the current nastiness in Washington got it origins.

Here's your fyi ... during the 1988 Presidential campaign Lee Atwater (the Godfather of dirty politics) pulled out every stop.  The Republicans frequently charged that Kitty Dukakis was a drunk.  They planted stories and unabashedly used everything they could to attack the poor woman.

Now, as for Santorum's family being "harassed", that is ridiculous.  Their "Penn Hills Residence" is not their residence (as evidenced by the fact that THEY DON'T LIVE THERE ... not then, not now).  So it is impossible to harass his family if they aren't there.

Casey Sr wasn't "attacked" by other Dems.  Yes, he was a leader of the pro-life arm of the party and was once denied the opportunity to speak at the national convention, but that do you think the Republican party would allow a "pro-choice" Republican Governor to speak at their convention???  No one "tried to destroy" Casey Sr.  Where did you get that one?

No on to Theresa Heinz-Kerry.  She was no more outspoken than Barbara Bush was.  Back in '84 Barbara Bush went as far as calling Geraldine Ferraro a b*tch.  But the Dems never directly attacked her or any wife of a candidate.  I promise you that in 2008 the wife of the Republican candidate WILL NOT be immune from such attacks (because the GOP couldn't stay off in 2004).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2007, 01:10:02 PM »

Here's your fyi ... during the 1988 Presidential campaign Lee Atwater (the Godfather of dirty politics) pulled out every stop.  The Republicans frequently charged that Kitty Dukakis was a drunk.  They planted stories and unabashedly used everything they could to attack the poor woman.

And, if true, I would be disgusted with the campaign for doing so.

Except the family was there that weekend.

It goes far beyond the Pro Life movement but I guess you forgot about that. They have literally tried to silence him on several occassions. And let's not act like the fact that he was denied a speaking spot because he was Pro Life is no big deal.

And, by the way, we would and we have allowed Pro Choice Governors and other Pro Choice elected officials to speak at our conventions.

Bush calling Ferrero a b--ch is not as much as Heinz's antics in 2004. That woman wanted the controversy.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2007, 01:42:57 PM »

And, if true, I would be disgusted with the campaign for doing so.

If you doubt me, go do your own research.

Except the family was there that weekend. [/quote]

Ok, so "harassment" is, by your definition, someone creeping around your vacation home 1 weekend.  Wow ... and somehow Casey couldn't stop this pattern of harassment.

It goes far beyond the Pro Life movement but I guess you forgot about that. They have literally tried to silence him on several occassions. And let's not act like the fact that he was denied a speaking spot because he was Pro Life is no big deal.[/quote]

Phil, you're 19.  Do you even remember when Casey was governor?  You were 7 when he left office.  Can you give an example of how he was "silenced"?  And national conventions are carefully constructed events in the modern era which are intended to rally the base.  So you think someone not being allowed to speak at a convention should result in a generational grudge?  Come on.

Bush calling Ferrero a b--ch is not as much as Heinz's antics in 2004. That woman wanted the controversy.
[/quote]

No, Theresa was targeted by the GOP.  Admittedly she made some bad statements, but for every stupid statement she made I can name one made by Barbara Bush.  And her attacks weren't just limited to Democrats.  She famously detested Nancy Reagan and was outspoken about it even when Nancy was First Lady.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2007, 01:50:58 PM »

Ok, so "harassment" is, by your definition, someone creeping around your vacation home 1 weekend.  Wow ... and somehow Casey couldn't stop this pattern of harassment.

Ah, vacation home. Very cute. Anyway, yes, I would consider that harassment.

Just because I wasn't around doesn't mean I can't know these things. Do you remember when Lincoln was President, Wakie? You were how old when he took/left office?

The convention was one example of how he was silenced and then there was the man's inaguration in 1991 when he was heckled throughout his whole address by gay rights groups because he wasn't "doing enough" to fight AIDS. Remember the PA Abortion Control Act? How did the party respond to that? They fought this man for quite some time.

Now onto the national conventions. I see that when you lose a point, you change the subject. I noted that Pro Choice officials are granted speaking roles at my party's convention but Pro Life Bob Casey was silenced. Now you say there is no reason to hold that grudge. This goes beyond not being able to speak at a convention, Wakie.

I know that Barbara Bush has had her comments but they were nothing compared to Heinz's remarks. I guess we just won't see eye to eye on this.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2007, 02:19:01 PM »

Ah, vacation home. Very cute. Anyway, yes, I would consider that harassment.

Yes, vacation home.  They spent the majority of their time in their Leesburg house.  They still reside in their Leesburg house.  So, yeah, calling it a vacation home is a nice way of putting it.  Especially considering that mail sent to it was returned "no such person at this address".

And if someone creeping around a house one weekend is harassment you must think there is A LOT of harassment in this world.

Just because I wasn't around doesn't mean I can't know these things. Do you remember when Lincoln was President, Wakie? You were how old when he took/left office?[/quote]

When I mentioned the 1988 Presidential Election you argued you were too young to remember it.

1 gay rights group doesn't speak for the entire party.  The fact that the Dem position on abortion was Pro-Choice is no surprise.  When a Republican disagrees with the party on a central issue they face stiff opposition.  But you claim he was "silenced" when it was nothing of the sort.

Actually I have responded point by point to your arguments Phil.  Can you name one speaker at the Republican convention who was allowed to give a speech on abortion rights?  That was what Casey wanted to speak about.  And, at that time, Casey hadn't endorsed the nominee, Bill Clinton, as a candidate.  Can you imagine a non-Bush supporter speaking at the 2000 or 2004 GOP conventions?

I know that Barbara Bush has had her comments but they were nothing compared to Heinz's remarks. I guess we just won't see eye to eye on this.
[/quote]

I guess we won't see eye to eye on this point.  Heinz's comments were "you're putting words in my mouth" or saying things like Laura Bush is nice but "never had a real job" (a statement for which she apologized).  Whereas Barbara Bush has nastily and publicly insulted people with obscene language or said she doesn't think she needs to hear about dead soldiers or even gone so far as to insist on special favors for her other children's companies in order for her to participate in charity work.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2007, 02:49:56 PM »

And if someone creeping around a house one weekend is harassment you must think there is A LOT of harassment in this world.

If they are creeping around and peering into the house while the family was there that weekend? Yes, that is harassment.

Yes, I asked you to let me know of some campaign specifics, about things we don't usually read about. I can and have read up on Casey's time as Governor so I do know things about his time in office.

What do you mean it was "nothing of the sort?" He was refused a speaking role at the convention. Republicans that speak out against the majority of the party on an issue do face stiff opposition and that is healthy. However, I don't recall calling for them to be silenced at our convention. I'm not making the argument that it is a surprise that the Dems are Pro Choice. Now you're just pulling things out of the sky. My argument was that it was wrong to silence a man because he had a different position on the abortion issue.

He should have still been able to speak on the issue whether he endorsed Clinton or not. We have had divided conventions before.

I can't think of a situation when a Republican was allowed to speak about abortion rights at the convention yet I also don't recall a situation in which anyone was denied a speaking slot on the issue.

And Heinz wasn't nasty? Telling a reporter to "shove it" wasn't mean spiritied and publicly done?
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2007, 08:14:43 PM »

If they are creeping around and peering into the house while the family was there that weekend? Yes, that is harassment.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this point.

Yes, I asked you to let me know of some campaign specifics, about things we don't usually read about. I can and have read up on Casey's time as Governor so I do know things about his time in office.
[/quote]

The Atwater attacks regarding Kitty Dukakis were continuous.  But consider this, the GOP also attacked Hillary Clinton, Tipper Gore, and Theresa Heinz Kerry.

What do you mean it was "nothing of the sort?" He was refused a speaking role at the convention. Republicans that speak out against the majority of the party on an issue do face stiff opposition and that is healthy. However, I don't recall calling for them to be silenced at our convention. I'm not making the argument that it is a surprise that the Dems are Pro Choice. Now you're just pulling things out of the sky. My argument was that it was wrong to silence a man because he had a different position on the abortion issue.[/quote]

I've never said you are arguing that the Dems aren't pro-choice.  All I'm saying is that just because someone wants to speak at a convention doesn't mean that they are guaranteed the right to speak there.  I guess this is again one of those issues where we agree to disagree.

He should have still been able to speak on the issue whether he endorsed Clinton or not. We have had divided conventions before.

I can't think of a situation when a Republican was allowed to speak about abortion rights at the convention yet I also don't recall a situation in which anyone was denied a speaking slot on the issue.
[/quote]

And yet you argue that they would be allowed?  Come on, you're being naive.

And Heinz wasn't nasty? Telling a reporter to "shove it" wasn't mean spiritied and publicly done?
[/quote]

Well, I guess you have to decide which is better ... telling an obnoxious reporter to "shove it" or to publicly use obscenities to describe another public figure.  The Dems left Barbara alone.  The Republicans went after the family.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2007, 12:13:16 AM »

And yet you argue that they would be allowed?  Come on, you're being naive.

Whether they would or would not, they should be allowed is my point.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2007, 01:00:25 AM »

Come on Flynt. Drop some of the other names already.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2007, 10:39:29 AM »

Come on Flynt. Drop some of the other names already.

Flynt is often a lot of talk; occasionally, he comes up with the goods. 

He's not an idiot, thus I suspect he looks at the substance of all rumors, researches them and runs with them only when he is 100% sure.  That of course means that he drops hints about every rumor, whether possibly solid or not.  That creates publicity.

After all, if he ran with anything and everything and it turned out to be totally false (or unprovable), he'd face any number of defamation and libel suits.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies