SiCKO (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:11:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SiCKO (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SiCKO  (Read 4653 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: July 02, 2007, 10:19:44 AM »

And I live in a state where at least 1/3 of the population is living dead. ha
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 11:13:47 AM »

Well I live in a country with what is really socialized medicine, and let me tell you it's got nothing on that. Even today, a Ministry of Health study came out saying the average waiting time for a cancer patient to get surgery to remove the cancer was three and a half months, reaching seven months in some cases.

On the whole, I'd prefer people have to wait for surgery than to never get it in the first place.

Hospitals don't turn anyone down.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 11:29:11 AM »

No, but most people these days work at the places they do to receive better benefits. The company I work for promotes their benefits as a great positive to working there, even over their pay rates.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 12:17:14 PM »

And we should all take employment advice from a kid who really doesn't understand how difficult it can be even for a highly qualified person to get a job, especially after quitting a previous job. Companies aren't going to hire you if you say, "I quit my job because it had poor health coverage, but you have good health coverage." They don't want to pay for you.

If you have cancer and a bad job, you deserve to die!

I still fail to see why I should pay for a broken government system.  Does anyone really believe that socialized medicine would work?  I mean we've just had so much success with medicare and social security.

You can argue that "Social Security" could be run better, but even under its current form, I consider the program to be a tremendous success in keeping the rotting corpses of the bankrupted elderly from rotting in the streets.

Until it comes time for me to start receiving benefits, which in all likelihood won't happen. They'll raise the retirement age so high that very few will be able to attain a check.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 05:04:44 PM »

Just got back from seeing it, finally.

I already thought that America needed free universal health care.
Now I know it.

Thinking it would be "free" is quite foolish.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 01:01:14 AM »

A national healthcare system would confer many advantages, in my opinion, but could only be maintained in the long term if people accepted their social responsibilities; unhealthy activities must be minimized.

Border states are being crippled with healthcare costs from illegals and that's with no "free" system. Imagine what the consequences will be if, god forbid, we do get "free" healthcare.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies