SiCKO (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:48:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SiCKO (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SiCKO  (Read 4688 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: July 04, 2007, 03:01:01 PM »

I went to see it last night. I used to be strongly opposed to giving Moore any money to see his productions but I was just too curious about this one and had to see it as soon as possible (I waited to see Farenheit 9/11 until I realized that my Aunt had it on one of her free movie channels).

It was a good movie. It was filled with sad stories but there were hilarious moments like when Moore decided to leave the country. He visited Canada, Cuba, the UK and France. Watching him was better than watching a kid open Christmas presents. The man was in awe about how everything was "free." He told audiences that long waiting lines and poor services were myths of the American government/media. He even told us that Cuba has one of the best health care systems in the entire world.

But my personal favorite was when he was in France. He had a group of former American citizens meet him and tell him how wonderful everything was and that it was all "free!" He then sarcastically brought up how over taxed these people probably are and wanted to see how an average French family copes. He visited a family, showed us how comfortable they live, how they would be considered "middle class" in America and tried to prove wrong the argument that they were over taxed. The problem?

Michael never told us how much they pay in taxes.

Just like his other movies (I've seen Farenheit 9/11 and Roger and Me), at least they were entertaining.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies