SB 121-06 - Repeal Stupid FDA Rules That Almost Killed Me Act - Passed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:21:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 121-06 - Repeal Stupid FDA Rules That Almost Killed Me Act - Passed
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 121-06 - Repeal Stupid FDA Rules That Almost Killed Me Act - Passed  (Read 478 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2024, 04:40:41 PM »
« edited: May 27, 2024, 09:16:02 PM by Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon »

Repeal Stupid FDA Rules That Almost Killed Me Act

1. Dietary Supplements consisting only of a potassium-containing compound that are not marketed as a multi-vitamin or a dietary supplement of any vitamin or mineral other than potassium, may be sold in serving sizes up to 100% of the daily recommended amount as established by the FDA. Any contradictory regulation or guidance previously issued by the FDA is hereby rescinded. This section shall take effect immediately.

2. Any bottled water intended for human consumption that contains a PH greater than 8.0, also known as "alkaline water", that is sold, imported, or exported in interstate or international commerce shall include in the Nutrition Facts a maximum recommended daily amount, to be determined by the FDA. Such determination shall be made assuming a person only consumes alkaline water and that human blood PH shall not exceed 7.3 for safety purposes. Any contradictory regulation or guidance previously issued by the FDA is hereby rescinded. This section shall take effect 120 days from the date of passage.

Sponsor: Mr. Reactionary
Occupying: Slot 2
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2024, 08:26:49 PM »

1. Ive suffered from multiple chronic medical conditions for most of my life. When I have a Crohn's attack I am unable to eat food for a few days at a time. After a recent episode I was severally dehydrated and had very persistent body cramps due to electrolyte depletion. This further prevented me from eating food as it made me sick and have muscle spasms the few times I tried. In order to replenish my electrolytes, so that I could actually eat, I needed a potassium supplement that was not food based. I discovered the morons at the FDA have passed a stupid reg that potassium supplements (as in literally all you are getting is potassium, not a multi-vitamin) are illegal if each dose exceeds 2% of your daily necessary supply. There is no safety justification for this; the only reason is "derpity derpity food is a better source", which again I was physically unable to eat. That means with a bottle of potassium pills, if I wanted to get a full days required amount of a nutrient I was already starved of, I would have to take 50 pills a day. This is ridiculous. I ended up taking 30 a day with an unhealthy amount of orange juice just to get to a point where I could physically eat again and get it from food. Phuck the FDA.

2. So theres this stuff called alkaline water thats sold alongside other water at the grocery store. Normal water has a neutral PH of 7. Alkaline water has a PH of 8 or higher (there is even a brand called Ten that is PH 10). It is marketed as good to drink if you have acid reflux (which I have) as it is basic and dilutes stomach acid. There are no warnings or maximum daily recommendations. Its treated identical to water. If you google if its safe to drink, google puts up all these answers of "yes its the same as regular water". In 2023, I switched to only drinking alkaline water. A few days in, I passed out in a work meeting from severe pain and was taken to the ER. I had blood poisoning with a blood PH of 8 (anything over 7.5 is dangerous). If you change your google search to "can i only drink alkaline water" it turns out no, it will kill you. The doctor was horrified when I reported I had consumed multiple gallons in a few days, even though that was how much regular water Im recommended to drink. FDA refuses to add warnings of this or a maximum recommended daily limit because it is owned by the beverage industry. Phuck the FDA.

In both cases FDA criminal negligence nearly killed me. This bill, while pretend, needs to be implemented irl.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 09:51:56 AM »

I move for a final vote
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 11:41:15 AM »

No objections.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2024, 10:21:36 AM »

A final vote is beginning

Aye
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2024, 12:43:38 PM »

Aye
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2024, 02:35:36 PM »

Aye
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2024, 08:48:04 PM »

aye
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2024, 01:18:48 AM »

Abstain
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2024, 10:24:40 AM »

Aye
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2024, 11:38:41 AM »

Aye
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2024, 02:01:57 PM »

Aye
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2024, 06:03:16 AM »

Aye
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2024, 05:36:17 PM »

Aye
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2024, 05:14:05 PM »

Aye

Very glad to witness pro-consumer legislation like this.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2024, 09:14:49 PM »

PASSES 10-0-1-7

1. Dietary Supplements consisting only of a potassium-containing compound that are not marketed as a multi-vitamin or a dietary supplement of any vitamin or mineral other than potassium, may be sold in serving sizes up to 100% of the daily recommended amount as established by the FDA. Any contradictory regulation or guidance previously issued by the FDA is hereby rescinded. This section shall take effect immediately.

2. Any bottled water intended for human consumption that contains a PH greater than 8.0, also known as "alkaline water", that is sold, imported, or exported in interstate or international commerce shall include in the Nutrition Facts a maximum recommended daily amount, to be determined by the FDA. Such determination shall be made assuming a person only consumes alkaline water and that human blood PH shall not exceed 7.3 for safety purposes. Any contradictory regulation or guidance previously issued by the FDA is hereby rescinded. This section shall take effect 120 days from the date of passage.

Sponsor: Mr. Reactionary
Occupying: Slot 2
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2024, 11:38:47 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies