Segregation Academies Still Persist Across the South 70 Years After Brown vs. Board of Education
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 11:59:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Segregation Academies Still Persist Across the South 70 Years After Brown vs. Board of Education
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Segregation Academies Still Persist Across the South 70 Years After Brown vs. Board of Education  (Read 658 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2024, 09:43:56 PM »

The Los Angeles Unified School District is only 10% White; Boston Public Schools only 15%. 

Even public schools located in predominantly White neighborhoods (like University High School in Brentwood) are less than 20% White.  It's mostly because rich, White parents opt to send their kids to private schools.   
OK and my statement still stands, lol.

Your statement is irrelevant.  Both big city private schools and rural "segregation academies" serve mostly White families in areas where the overwhelming majority of school-aged children are non-White, and thus perpetuate racial segregation.

Mississippi Republican claims School segregation isn't an issue. In other news, water is wet.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2024, 10:47:16 PM »

The Los Angeles Unified School District is only 10% White; Boston Public Schools only 15%. 

Even public schools located in predominantly White neighborhoods (like University High School in Brentwood) are less than 20% White.  It's mostly because rich, White parents opt to send their kids to private schools.   

Your statement is irrelevant.  Both big city private schools and rural "segregation academies" serve mostly White families in areas where the overwhelming majority of school-aged children are non-White, and thus perpetuate racial segregation.

Mississippi Republican claims School segregation isn't an issue. In other news, water is wet.

Only badger would say this in response to a post where I literally say “private schools perpetuate racial segregation” lmao
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2024, 10:51:25 PM »

Huh? Did you misread his post or something? He's literally doing the exact opposite of that.

I do not like the guy, but this is a rare Del Tachi W.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2024, 11:44:45 PM »

Huh? Did you misread his post or something? He's literally doing the exact opposite of that.

I do not like the guy, but this is a rare Del Tachi W.

No, I think Badger was (if ineloquently) pointing out that Del Tachi is as usual trying a "both sides" argument to minimize the problem of segregationist academies. "They're not so bad, private schools in LA don't have black kids either!" as if that makes this discussion more palatable, lol.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies