Iran’s president Raisi and Foreign Minister Abdollahian killed in helicopter crash
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:21:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Iran’s president Raisi and Foreign Minister Abdollahian killed in helicopter crash
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Iran’s president Raisi and Foreign Minister Abdollahian killed in helicopter crash  (Read 3509 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2024, 02:31:21 PM »

Let’s keep the conspiratorial speculation to a minimum, please? You have the whole Internet Xtwitter etc. to do that.

On the one hand, the Iranian regime is corrupt and incompetent, and their aviation industry is decrepit and backwards… on the other hand, could the Jews have done this??
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2024, 02:36:53 PM »

Let’s keep the conspiratorial speculation to a minimum, please? You have the whole Internet Xtwitter etc. to do that.

On the one hand, the Iranian regime is corrupt and incompetent, and their aviation industry is decrepit and backwards… on the other hand, could the Jews have done this??
Bet that Muslims and progressives on twitter and tiktok are already blaming DA JOOOOOOOOOOS for this.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2024, 02:37:59 PM »

It's not confirmed yet. Though regardless, Iran's policies won't get better.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2024, 03:27:48 PM »

Helicopter, mountains, thick fog - what could possibly go wrong?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2024, 03:55:51 PM »

https://www.euractiv.com/section/global-europe/news/eu-offers-mapping-services-as-irans-president-raisi-foreign-minister-missing-after-helicopter-crash/
For some reason the EU is helping Iran.

Evil regime
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2024, 04:20:00 PM »

It's gone midnight in Iran now; which will hamper the search. Does that area get particularly cold at night.

The fact he hasn't been found doesn't bode well for him.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2024, 04:22:13 PM »

Romans 12:20 springs to mind here.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2024, 04:39:18 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2024, 04:42:55 PM by LAKISYLVANIA »

Or just human decency, something lfromnj apparently lacks.

You become effectively whatever you deem evil by such attitude.

It's pretty much clear that most Atlas users would be awful diplomats or not users i would trust holding an important function or job like ever.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2024, 04:40:43 PM »

It's pretty much clear that most Atlas users would be awful diplomats.

There’s A diplomatic argument but lol at the idea that Raisi deserves anything but pain
rc18
United Kingdom

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2024, 04:41:23 PM »

Iran isn't much better.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2024, 04:48:24 PM »

There’s A diplomatic argument but lol at the idea that Raisi deserves anything but pain

I haven't said that Raisi doesn't deserve anything but pain. I'm not in denial about that. But if we act this way, there will be at a certain point many people to actively wish pain and death for, because you know a lot of people have a certain evilness around them and few things generally are very black-and-white. And in the process of doing so, we become whatever we fight or fear anyways ourselves. Pretty sure for instance some users on this forum already do the same on ME Wink

And I believe in the diplomatic argument, yes.

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2024, 04:55:00 PM »

It's pretty much clear that most Atlas users would be awful diplomats or not users i would trust holding an important function or job like ever.

One of the fun things about being a civilian is you do not have to act like you are part of the state department. This is why when henry kissinger died, you can make various insinuations about his firey new accomodation rather than giving some po-faced statement about how he loved his family and the united states.

This isn't the innocent dead of gaza, it is a bloodstained dictatorial butcher who is directly responsible for the death of your ideological milieu.
Lykaon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2024, 04:57:04 PM »

I haven't said that Raisi doesn't deserve anything but pain. I'm not in denial about that. But if we act this way, there will be at a certain point many people to actively wish pain and death for, because you know a lot of people have a certain evilness around them and few things generally are very black-and-white. And in the process of doing so, we become whatever we fight or fear anyways ourselves. Pretty sure for instance some users on this forum already do the same on ME Wink

And I believe in the diplomatic argument, yes.

There’s no black and white about Raisi. The butcher of Tehran is just simply one evil SOB and deserves what he got. Reports from the rescue team said they had to pull out because of wolves roaming the area. Alls I can say is hopefully the big bad wolf finds the fat turban wearing pig
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2024, 05:05:18 PM »

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2024, 05:15:04 PM »

So any actual status updates?
Lykaon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2024, 05:20:01 PM »

In Tehran, they’ve closed the road to Khomeneis mausoleum and the IRG is apparently out. So most likely the regime is looking for someway to break the news.

Oh and the Tehran chief of police was killed
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2024, 05:32:53 PM »

compucomp

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2024, 05:36:01 PM »

One of the fun things about being a civilian is you do not have to act like you are part of the state department. This is why when henry kissinger died, you can make various insinuations about his firey new accomodation rather than giving some po-faced statement about how he loved his family and the united states.

This isn't the innocent dead of gaza, it is a bloodstained dictatorial butcher who is directly responsible for the death of your ideological milieu.

You may think this is a good or "fun" thing, but you and the other posters here reveal your true colors. You may fancy yourselves virtuous defenders of good in the world, but instead you're amoral hacks devoid of principles except to blindly follow Western geopolitical interests. This thread is a disgusting display of cheering and wishing for the death of a world leader who dared to defy your will and oppose your interests. Never mind that it is a flagrant violation of the TOS; if I said similar things about Zelensky or Biden I would be banned quickly. Of course  the forum authorities agree with you and will turn a blind eye towards your vile posts.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2024, 05:40:08 PM »

You may think this is a good or "fun" thing, but you and the other posters here reveal your true colors. You may fancy yourselves virtuous defenders of good in the world, but instead you're amoral hacks devoid of principles except to blindly follow Western geopolitical interests. This thread is a disgusting display of cheering and wishing for the death of a world leader who dared to defy your will and oppose your interests. Never mind that it is a flagrant violation of the TOS; if I said similar things about Zelensky or Biden I would be banned quickly. Of course  the forum authorities agree with you and will turn a blind eye towards your vile posts.

You can have my crocodile tears if you want them.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2024, 05:46:24 PM »

If you need time away from the forum to grieve, then by all means,…
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2024, 05:48:33 PM »

Anyway, it seems that Muhammad Mukhbar is up for a promotion.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2024, 05:57:59 PM »

I can't remember if i cried
When i heard about his widowed bride
But something touched me deep inside
The day that Raisi died

Cause bye-bye, miss iranian pie
Had a fatwah on the kuffar but he couldn't fly
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2024, 06:01:57 PM »

Fwiw if a western backed dictator like sisi died in a plane crash i would also feel profoundly unmoved
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2024, 06:12:56 PM »

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2024, 06:15:40 PM »

For what it's worth, if the pilot died I'd find that pretty sad.

RIP the pilot.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies