libertarians: should us senators be elected by the people? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:31:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  libertarians: should us senators be elected by the people? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: libertarians: should us senators be elected by the people?  (Read 7136 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« on: July 01, 2007, 09:46:21 AM »

i know that ron paul and all the other libertarians have a great love for the constitution.  i know they really hate the income tax amendment.  i know they long for the good ol' days of freedom (for white landowning males, at least). 

just curious if they support direct elections of us senators...or if it is just junking up the constitution?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 11:29:31 AM »

okay, let me get this straight...libertarians constantly talk about personal freedom and liberty.  shouldnt people have freedom to directly elect their senators?

also im curious how libertarians feel about the presidential electors selection.  the constitution states they shall be selected by state legislatures (which they still are).  of course now the state legislature respects the popular election results in their state.

should we just stop having presidential elections and have the state legislature appoint electors for us?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies