What election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:07:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  What election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What election?  (Read 1273 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 20, 2004, 03:26:16 PM »

Didn't you all hear Bush wants to cancel the election?
Is he afraid that he is going to lose if he lets the democratic process go forward?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-07-12-postpone-elections_x.htm
TommyC1776
KucinichforPrez

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 06:04:57 PM »

I hope the election will be in November.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 06:15:06 PM »

No, you see, the Commision sought a solution in the event of a terrorist attack, however, Bush has stated flatly that the election will not be moved o post-poned for any reason.  I'm sorry that you couldn't at least bother to get your facts strait.
stry_cat

Political Matrix
E: 6.25, S: -1.38

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 09:03:43 PM »

No, you see, the Commision sought a solution in the event of a terrorist attack, however, Bush has stated flatly that the election will not be moved o post-poned for any reason.  I'm sorry that you couldn't at least bother to get your facts strait.
"Read my lips I won't postpone the election"
Yeah he's as trustworthy as his father I bet.  
So where did he deny it won't be delayed?

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 02:42:13 AM »

This contingency plan has been in place since 1960. Nothing new or shocking about it.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 01:22:03 PM »

If the election gets postponed, I think it's time for a revolution.
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 04:33:28 PM »

If the election gets postponed, I think it's time for a revolution.

That's what I've been saying since Bush refused to abide by the fact that he lost the last election.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 01:14:08 AM »

This contingency plan has been in place since 1960. Nothing new or shocking about it.

Once again.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 03:29:07 AM »

Once again.
Why'd you move avatars? And pleeze take that terrible Nazi scum thing off your signature.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 03:41:48 AM »

Once again.
Why'd you move avatars? And pleeze take that terrible Nazi scum thing off your signature.

I read their platform. Although a little nationalistic its far from Nazi. Maybe to European standards it is but I don't see any reason to label it "Nazi".
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2004, 03:57:58 AM »

Once again.

I read their platform. Although a little nationalistic its far from Nazi. Maybe to European standards it is but I don't see any reason to label it "Nazi".
Don't read the platform, look at the people. I'll precisize Neo-Nazi. (That's a somewhat wider term.)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2004, 08:31:59 AM »

Once again.

The British National Party is merely a more respectable front (no pun intended) for the National Front. A party who I believe have some sort of logo or image of an arm reaching upwards with a rifle in its hand in front of a swastika and surrounded by flames.

There was a television programme about the British National Party aired on the BBC last week, clearly it did not quite make it over to America. During this programme a BBC Reporter went undercover and infiltrated the highest circle of the party.

He was wired with a secret camera and caught on film, one prominent BNP member admitting to a racially motivated attack in which he nearly killed an Asian man. He is now being brought to court on this as he was never caught before.

They also caught the BNP Chairman and the BNP Founder inciting racial hatred and calling for the eradication of Islam.

Also caught were several BNP members standing for local council elections (it was filmed before the elections) admitting to racially motivated abuse. One of them stated that a hobby of his was to take a water pistol, fill it with dog faeces and spray it through the letterboxes of Asian and African families.

Not only this but they side with Jean-Marie Le Pen's Front Nationale and invited him to speak at a dinner, Le Pen is a man who used to torture people for a living and has made various anti-semitic comments along with comments regarding various other races.

The British National Party are clearly a racist institution and I would agree with Lewis that they fall under the category of Neo-Nazis.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2004, 07:01:35 AM »

I see it's off. Thanks!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2004, 01:40:49 AM »

I went to their site and read their platform. I agreed with a lot of it. Some things were a little to right for me. But overall it wasn't Nazistic in the least.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2004, 11:17:36 AM »

I went to their site and read their platform. I agreed with a lot of it. Some things were a little to right for me. But overall it wasn't Nazistic in the least.

That is because they aren't allowed to put some things in there unless they want to be taken to court.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2004, 11:52:35 AM »

That is because they aren't allowed to put some things in there unless they want to be taken to court.

So much for freedom of speech, huh?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies