Target to lower prices on thousands of items
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:49:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Target to lower prices on thousands of items
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Target to lower prices on thousands of items  (Read 989 times)
GAinDC

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 20, 2024, 08:49:32 AM »

Good news. To me, it also adds credence to the argument that corporations have much more control over prices than they let on or that the public realizes.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2024, 08:58:30 AM »

Good news. To me, it also adds credence to the argument that corporations have much more control over prices than they let on or that the public realizes.

lol
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2024, 09:13:23 AM »

Joe Biden pushed the prices down button in the Oval Office??? This must be a mistake, maybe he is going senile
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2024, 09:15:04 AM »

Walmart had pretty good earnings , maybe a shift of middle income consumers to trashier Walmart ?
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2024, 09:21:37 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2024, 09:29:31 AM by Santander »

Walmart had pretty good earnings , maybe a shift of middle income consumers to trashier Walmart ?
Amazon and Walmart are way ahead in technology and there's no way Target can play the same game. Since Walmart stopped operating their stores 24/7, there is actually even less reason for people to go there.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2024, 09:24:51 AM »

Thank you to the right wingers boycotting Target to help fight inflation!
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2024, 09:26:42 AM »

This just increases the odds of smelly Walmart people shopping there. Thanks, Biden.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2024, 09:27:25 AM »

Walmart said as much on its earnings call that more high earners were shopping at its stores mainly through its Walmart+ delivery.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2024, 09:41:52 AM »

I've noticed that prices at the local Walmart have come down a bit in the last couple months.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2024, 09:42:45 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2024, 10:20:16 AM by lfromnj »

Walmart said as much on its earnings call that more high earners were shopping at its stores mainly through its Walmart+ delivery.

Yeah that’s what I heard, probably somewhat of a response to that, people do usually go to Target instead of Walmart to avoid the mobility scooters and meth addicts so they are normally willing to pay a small premium.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2024, 09:44:13 AM »

It's giving recession vibes!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2024, 01:29:40 PM »

we don't do plus, but we do pick up at store and have them shop for us and put it in the back of the car.  Like every other normal person, I like Wal Mart's prices, but gawd damn I hate going into their stores.  Wal Mart customers are the worst people on Earth (ya know, poor Americans).
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2024, 03:13:05 PM »

Gas and interest rates going down will probably matter more, as far as tangibility goes. Certainly the Biden campaign should point to this to absolve him of some of the responsibility he is seen as having.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2024, 03:28:22 PM »

Yes, and I am glad you seem happy about it. This job market is f**king terrible.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2024, 03:44:14 PM »

we don't do plus, but we do pick up at store and have them shop for us and put it in the back of the car.  Like every other normal person, I like Wal Mart's prices, but gawd damn I hate going into their stores.  Wal Mart customers are the worst people on Earth (ya know, poor Americans).

Maybe it's because this is an upscale area, but our local Walmart is clean, spacious, and the customers (and staff) seem to be ordinary suburbanites for the most part.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2024, 03:46:23 PM »

Yes, and I am glad you seem happy about it. This job market is f**king terrible.
What? With unemployment under 4%?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2024, 03:59:08 PM »

Maybe it's because this is an upscale area, but our local Walmart is clean, spacious, and the customers (and staff) seem to be ordinary suburbanites for the most part.
the closest one to me is maybe a decade old and it's been a sh**t hole the entire time.  It was gross on the inside with months of opening.  If I have to go inside, I'll go to a different Wal Mart, the ones south and west are like you describe (but nowhere near as nice as the Targets in the same directions).  A mile west of the "bad" one is the nicest public school in the area (where I live), a mile east is Warren Buffet's house.  But there is little pocket of poors in between and they all shop at Wal Mart.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2024, 04:36:42 PM »

It’s funny how you can differentiate the higher end Walmarts by how many reserved pickup parking spots there are. The more there are, the nicer the store. No one wants to go inside..
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2024, 04:43:42 PM »

That one you’ve been begging and fapping off at the thought of for the last 3+ years?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2024, 05:36:30 PM »

Both Target and Walmart seem like good places to shop to me. Target does have more room to maneuver but Walmart has a much bigger grocery selection.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2024, 05:42:19 PM »

Funny enough, I noticed a lot of prices at Whole Foods had come down when I was shopping today. My favorite chicken dropped $1/pound and some of the produces' prices had dropped too
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2024, 06:23:32 PM »

I guess we're really embracing a broad definition of what constitutes "US general discussion"
GAinDC

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2024, 06:33:55 PM »

I guess we're really embracing a broad definition of what constitutes "US general discussion"

Target is a major nationwide retailer….
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2024, 06:35:40 PM »

It's relevant to cost of living, which is certainly a topical US political issue.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2024, 07:21:39 PM »

How will the "inflation is a result of wages being too high" people explain this?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies