Trump: If Democrats get their way, they will pass a federal law protecting abortion rights
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:11:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump: If Democrats get their way, they will pass a federal law protecting abortion rights
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: If Democrats get their way, they will pass a federal law protecting abortion rights  (Read 416 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2024, 01:09:20 PM »

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2024, 01:10:51 PM »

Another reason i support donnie
But well Joe was president so roe v wade was overturned so that not even guarantee to happen.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2024, 01:17:01 PM »

One of the many irritating things about Trump is that every one of his supporters, many of whom have wildly different opinions on abortion, believe that Trump aligned them on this issue. Most people who support a full national ban support him because they believe he'll sign one, but moderates and pro-choicers think he's one of them, and no camp seems to care (or even know?) the other camps believe he's theirs.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2024, 01:18:12 PM »

Good the Rs want to cut social programs from the poor so abortion is sometimes needed it's purely a personal choice not an R choice
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2024, 01:19:33 PM »

I wish Trump was better on issues other than abortion, but Kennedy has my vote at the moment though I hate his abortion stance. Been donating to Trump solely based on this issue alone.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2024, 01:20:55 PM »

One of the many irritating things about Trump is that every one of his supporters, many of whom have wildly different opinions on abortion, believe that Trump aligned them on this issue. Most people who support a full national ban support him because they believe he'll sign one, but moderates and pro-choicers think he's one of them, and no camp seems to care (or even know?) the other camps believe he's theirs.

Most likely Trump himself doesn't even know his exact position on the stance. He will do or sign whatever gets him the biggest applause. I guess he himself doesn't really care about that particular issue. Or any issue. Donald J. Trump mainly or exclusively cares about Donald J. Trump.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2024, 01:25:53 PM »

The Democrats are the Party of abortion rights.

We all know about some proposals for abortions that we should hold aghast: abortions as birth control, abortions for racial or sexual selection (I can't get away with a black baby!), or abortions received to stay in the workforce (even if a shady part of the workforce).

Most of the late-term abortions are done for the life or health of the mother or because the fetus is non-viable (example: an anencephalic -- that is, headless) fetus. Technically an ectopic pregnancy must be aborted because it can easiiy kill the woman. Most abortions are for medical necessity or involve rape.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2024, 01:36:11 PM »

The Democrats are the Party of abortion rights.

We all know about some proposals for abortions that we should hold aghast: abortions as birth control, abortions for racial or sexual selection (I can't get away with a black baby!), or abortions received to stay in the workforce (even if a shady part of the workforce).

Most of the late-term abortions are done for the life or health of the mother or because the fetus is non-viable (example: an anencephalic -- that is, headless) fetus. Technically an ectopic pregnancy must be aborted because it can easiiy kill the woman. Most abortions are for medical necessity or involve rape.

Absolutely no publicly available data supports this at all.
David Hume
davidhume
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: 1.22

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2024, 02:59:43 PM »

Most likely Trump himself doesn't even know his exact position on the stance. He will do or sign whatever gets him the biggest applause. I guess he himself doesn't really care about that particular issue. Or any issue. Donald J. Trump mainly or exclusively cares about Donald J. Trump.
I think Trump is personally prochoice, but this is very low on his priority list, so he would do whatever that's politically beneficial to him.

Frankly the only good thing we might get out of Trump's second term is that he might get republicans move on from abortion issue, just like they did on same sex marriage.
KakyoinMemeHouse
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2024, 03:11:21 PM »

Sounds good to me!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2024, 11:20:27 PM »

Trump is responsible for every illegal abortion in the United States.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2024, 11:21:46 PM »

This line of attack isn't very smart, since the proposition being stated here is actually what the majority of the country wants. In other words, the "moderate" position on abortion isn't "let each state decide for themselves," but rather "no bans before viability."
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2024, 11:30:38 PM »

This line of attack isn't very smart, since the proposition being stated here is actually what the majority of the country wants. In other words, the "moderate" position on abortion isn't "let each state decide for themselves," but rather "no bans before viability."

Furthermore, I strongly suspect that the American public is even more pro-choice than what shows up in polling. This is a “complex” issue  because it’s uncomfortable and icky to think about, not because there are many circumstances in which the vast majority of Americans would actually want to force someone to give birth against their will (there aren’t).
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2024, 05:39:53 AM »

Trump is the only person out there actually trying to help Democrats win. At least someone understands what's at stake here
Obama24
United States
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2024, 05:49:52 AM »

If Biden doesn't use this in nonstop ads, he's trying to lose. This is one of the best gifts Trump could've given him.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2024, 09:35:41 AM »

As I said Trump wants people to work for food stamps but want more people in the world to work the hypocrisy
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies