Great news for Mr. Longley of Canada
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:13:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Great news for Mr. Longley of Canada
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Great news for Mr. Longley of Canada  (Read 3030 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2007, 12:17:44 AM »

Yeah, this guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blair_T._Longley

A judge has ruled that the Canadian Pot laws are unconstitutional.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/7/14/03617/1915
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 12:20:40 AM »

Go dad. Wink
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 12:30:23 AM »

Blair Longley= FF

The Rhinoceros Party lives!.!.!.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 12:48:21 AM »

Indeed. Smiley

This judicial ruling has almightiness freshly baked right into it!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 12:57:28 AM »

Actually, the Rhino Party didn't like him that much because he was always trying to introduce serious things into their platform. Tongue
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 12:59:41 AM »

So Gabu, what does the "T" stand for? Tiberius?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 01:01:38 AM »

So Gabu, what does the "T" stand for? Tiberius?

Timothy.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 01:09:09 AM »

Are you a member of the Marijuana Party, Gabu?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 02:41:59 AM »

Actually, the Rhino Party didn't like him that much because he was always trying to introduce serious things into their platform. Tongue
interesting
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 02:13:49 PM »

I prefer Tiberius. 

Anyways *updates Wikipedia*
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 02:18:19 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2007, 02:20:25 PM by SoFA Gabu »

No, although my dad has tried once before to get me on board.  That was mostly just because he needs a certain number of members to stay an official political party.

interesting

One of the biggest things he liked was something he called the Contributors' Choice Concept, or CCC for short.  Basically the idea (as far as I can recall... it's been a long while since I heard about it) was that people could give money to a political party, but then be able to say exactly what they want done with it.  The government declared it illegal, which then prompted him to launch a really, really long court case in an effort to get that decision overturned.  He eventually succeeded and was awarded $85,000.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 03:54:46 PM »

Those damn commies in Canada. They have destroyed the traditional cohesive value of hate!
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 05:42:55 PM »

No, although my dad has tried once before to get me on board.  That was mostly just because he needs a certain number of members to stay an official political party.

Does that mean he tried to get you hooked on marijuana too? Tongue

But seriously, maybe your dad could, next, try to get Canada's gun laws tossed out as unconstitutional too. Could you mention it to him the next time you see him? Pretty please!! Cheesy
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007, 06:07:33 PM »

Does that mean he tried to get you hooked on marijuana too? Tongue

No, he's always been cool about my not wanting to do drugs.

But seriously, maybe your dad could, next, try to get Canada's gun laws tossed out as unconstitutional too. Could you mention it to him the next time you see him? Pretty please!! Cheesy

Quite frankly I think he'd probably be closer to WalterMitty than you. Tongue  He is not a libertarian.

Although he doesn't really have a defined political platform on most issues.  His main thing is that he thinks that the government is all a bunch of corrupt liars and crooks, a view which was greatly amplified by the long court case he took himself through that I mentioned.  You get him started on "the system", he'll talk your ear off with a monologue that can become hours long unless you intervene. Tongue

He's quite the character, to say the least.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 06:23:24 PM »

No, he's always been cool about my not wanting to do drugs.

Oh, that's really good to hear. Smiley

Quite frankly I think he'd probably be closer to WalterMitty than you. Tongue  He is not a libertarian.

Although he doesn't really have a defined political platform on most issues.  His main thing is that he thinks that the government is all a bunch of corrupt liars and crooks, a view which was greatly amplified by the long court case he took himself through that I mentioned.  You get him started on "the system", he'll talk your ear off with a monologue that can become hours long unless you intervene. Tongue

He's quite the character, to say the least.

Ouch. Cry Yeah, my gun rights views are on the "insane side." Tongue Then again, so are Wally's. Tongue

You know Gabu, from what you've said of your dad, if he joined the forum, I think his eccentricity would make his fame like that of BRTD or opebo. He would make this forum's culture even more unique.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 06:26:13 PM »

so, does this make Gabu a FF by genes?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 06:31:13 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2007, 06:36:16 PM by SoFA Gabu »

Ouch. Cry Yeah, my gun rights views are on the "insane side." Tongue Then again, so are Wally's. Tongue

You know Gabu, from what you've said of your dad, if he joined the forum, I think his eccentricity would make his fame like that of BRTD or opebo. He would make this forum's culture even more unique.

Ahem, I will not stand for my father's name being sullied by comparison to the likes of BRTD and opebo. Tongue

He's actually a very intelligent guy, with a bachelor's degree in general studies from the University of British Columbia (or was it Simon Frasier University?  One of the two, I can't remember).  He wrote a very long book entitled Megasynthesis under the pen name of Adam Apple that blends numerous fields of science and whatnot as his final dissertation of sorts for the degree.  He just happens to also be a little weird in places. Tongue

He talks very harshly about the government, but he's actually a pretty nice guy when talking with him one-on-one; he isn't the sort to judge other people or anything.  That is, he's nice if you can stand having your ear talked off frequently. Wink
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 06:43:30 PM »

Ahem, I will not stand for my father's name being sullied by comparison to the likes of BRTD and opebo. Tongue

He's actually a very intelligent guy, with a bachelor's degree in general studies from the University of British Columbia (or was it Simon Frasier University?  One of the two, I can't remember).  He wrote a very long book entitled Megasynthesis under the pen name of Adam Apple that blends numerous fields of science and whatnot as his final dissertation of sorts for the degree.  He just happens to also be a little weird in places. Tongue

He talks very harshly about the government, but he's actually a pretty nice guy when talking with him one-on-one; he isn't the sort to judge other people or anything.  That is, he's nice if you can stand having your ear talked off frequently. Wink

Well, you gotta admit, his fame would rival those two.

An intelligent guy with a few quirks, he would fit right in here. Tongue Adam Apple could be his screen name. Grin And he's a nice guy. Can't have too many of those. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 06:48:34 PM »

An intelligent guy with a few quirks, he would fit right in here. Tongue Adam Apple could be his screen name. Grin And he's a nice guy. Can't have too many of those. Smiley

Well, the only problem is that he honestly doesn't really care about politics that much.  Like I said, he doesn't really have a concrete position that I know of on most political issues.  He just makes up for that by really having a concrete position on the ones that he does have a position for. Tongue
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 07:06:35 PM »

Well, the only problem is that he honestly doesn't really care about politics that much.  Like I said, he doesn't really have a concrete position that I know of on most political issues.  He just makes up for that by really having a concrete position on the ones that he does have a position for. Tongue

Ahh. He would become the forum's foremost authority on marijuana legalization. Tongue I guess it makes sense. A man who has just a few political beliefs is the head of a party with just one goal. Tongue
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 07:11:22 PM »

Yeah, I guess leading a single-issue national party and running for parliament counts as a concrete position. Big Time.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 08:18:52 PM »

Gabu, your Dad sounds like a Canadian version of George Carlin. Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: