Al Franken raises $1.9 million
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:24:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Al Franken raises $1.9 million
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Al Franken raises $1.9 million  (Read 3316 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 09, 2007, 06:17:42 PM »

Al Franken has raised $1.9 million, beating the second quarter amount of Sen. Coleman, who raised $1.5. Franken more than doubled Ciresi's $725,000.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 07:23:08 PM »

Norm Coleman is sure happy to hear this news.

Coleman still has roughly double the CoH that Franken does, but I became convinced Franken would be able to seriously raise money when I saw him "steal" nearly $1.5 million from Air America's dead carcass last year.  I was quite impressed with that haul.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 08:37:08 PM »

If he continues raising money like this, he might even have a chance in hell at winning. Tongue
Conan
conan

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 08:54:35 PM »

If he continues raising money like this, he might even have a chance in hell at winning. Tongue
His main obstacle is the primary. The general will be tough but he will win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 12:03:16 AM »

Coleman is almost in "safe" territory.

(I now wait for BRTD to make this post his latest obsession.)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 01:10:06 AM »

Although Coleman isn't the most endangered species, Minnesota has trended blue at the national level very precipitously. I think Coleman is vulnerable but we will see if the Dems will make this an ultimate race or not.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 01:14:51 AM »

In all seriousness, I can't see how one could reasonably consider Coleman 'safe', KP.  I think you're exaggerating Franken's negatives and underestimating the anti-Republican mood in Minnesota.
Conan
conan

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 01:21:02 AM »

In all seriousness, I can't see how one could reasonably consider Coleman 'safe', KP.  I think you're exaggerating Franken's negatives and underestimating the anti-Republican mood in Minnesota.
They're delusional. Franken will win comfortably.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 01:27:58 AM »

I would tend to agree.. I suppose they must be transferring their own personal response to Mr. Franken to the good people of Minnesota.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 01:29:44 AM »

Help. Please, somebody help. My side is in such pain from laughing so hard.
Conan
conan

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 01:35:43 AM »

Help. Please, somebody help. My side is in such pain from laughing so hard.
I am not the one denying that Coleman is even vulnerable. Going into 2008, Franken will beat him by at least 2% to a little less than Klobuchar's win. You act as if Franken has no chance, which is completely delusional.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 01:50:52 AM »
« Edited: July 10, 2007, 01:54:38 AM by Quincy »

Considering MN trending from a tossup to a Democratic lean state in presidential elections, Republican candidates will have a hard time winnning across the board at the national level. Many didn't think Kline was going down, until the end, but the Democratic wave changed that race too. And things can change during a coarse of an election.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 03:37:41 AM »

I am not the one denying that Coleman is even vulnerable. Going into 2008, Franken will beat him by at least 2% to a little less than Klobuchar's win. You act as if Franken has no chance, which is completely delusional.

He's certainly not that vulnerable with Franken as his opponent. Coleman would be very vulnerable to someone like Ciresi.

By the way, check yourself into a mental institution as soon as possible if you think Franken will come close to Klobuchar's win with 60% of the vote.
Conan
conan

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 03:44:36 AM »

He's certainly not that vulnerable with Franken as his opponent. Coleman would be very vulnerable to someone like Ciresi.

By the way, check yourself into a mental institution as soon as possible if you think Franken will come close to Klobuchar's win with 60% of the vote.
I said from 2% to a few points less than Klobuchar's total. And he's very vulnerable, with any opponent.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 03:47:51 AM »

It may be a first, but I think Phil is more right here than the rest of y'all.

Sure, Coleman is not safe.  (I think Phil was obviously using a little hyperbole to show how gleeful he is that Franken is looking more and more like the Dem nominee).

But, please, please, MN dems--do not nominate Al Franken!  If you do, you are smoking stronger stuff than even your nominee would dare try...

Why can't a decent progressive Minnesotan come out of the woodwork and rescue the party?  I personally like state sen. Taryl Clark.
Conan
conan

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 03:49:35 AM »

It may be a first, but I think Phil is more right here than the rest of y'all.

Sure, Coleman is not safe.  (I think Phil was obviously using a little hyperbole to show how gleeful he is that Franken is looking more and more like the Dem nominee).

But, please, please, MN dems--do not nominate Al Franken!  If you do, you are smoking stronger stuff than even your nominee would dare try...

Why can't a decent progressive Minnesotan come out of the woodwork and rescue the party?  I personally like state sen. Taryl Clark.
Franken is a top notch candidate. Frankly it doesnt matter what any one says.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 03:51:02 AM »

I said from 2% to a few points less than Klobuchar's total.

That's going from a two point win to possibly an eighteen point win which is a huge stretch. Get a clue.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Which is why he was spanking Franken in the polls. Exactly.
Conan
conan

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 03:52:17 AM »

That's going from a two point win to possibly an eighteen point win which is a huge stretch. Get a clue.

The real campaign hasn't even started. How much do you know about politics?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 03:53:23 AM »

And I had to eat those words when I said the same about Mark Kennedy. Enjoy the humble pie.

The real campaign hasn't even started. How much do you know about politics?

Ha...yet when we say the same about the Republicans, that doesn't matter. The election is over for them.

Run along, child. The grown ups have things to discuss. You'll understand someday.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 08:55:09 AM »

With about 40 points worth of solid, built in, permanent negatives right out of the starting gate.  That's not a sign of a "top notch candidate."
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 09:16:03 AM »

Coleman is going to have to win a tough reelection battle, he is looking to jump ship on Iraq as it turns out. Had he not been concerned, he wouldn't be looking to bolt on Iraq.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 09:21:01 AM »

FYI, BRTD's silence on this thread is telling...  Tongue
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 10:26:08 AM »

Some arguments aren't even worth getting in for me Tongue

Conan's delusional, but any Democrat here already has a floor of 45%, and as pointed out before, the people who really hate Franken aren't going to vote for a Democrat anyway. That said, I don't want to nominate him.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 10:46:29 AM »

So, what would the base vote be against Al Franken for Norm Coleman, which is to me, quite frankly, just as important of a question.

I can also assume that third-parties are not part of this equation
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 10:48:15 AM »

My predictions:

MINNESOTA SENATE -
Franken (D) 51%
Coleman (R) 47%

MINNESOTA SENATE -
Ciresi (D) 52%
Coleman (R) 45%