A friend of mine...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:29:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  A friend of mine...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A friend of mine...  (Read 1213 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 10, 2007, 10:53:19 AM »

...is gonna join the Tommy Thompson campaign team. I have to admit I feel sorry for him. Does anyone else know anyone who is gonna work on one of the campaigns? Obviously, my "contact" wont provide me with a whole lot of interesting information, but it'll still be fun. Even a losing campaign is better than no campaign, right?
Jacobtm

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 07:49:02 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2007, 07:55:48 PM by Jacobtm »

My friend is living/going to school in New Hampshire, and is currently working for the Richardson campaign. He's told me that their polls show Richardson significantly better off than mainstream polls do, especially if you consider only voters who voted in the '06 elections and went to the '04 caucuses/primaries. In Iowa, he says, among the aforementioned group of voters, Obama is just about tied with Richardson, and that in NH, Richardson is poised to overtake Edwards as the number three.

But which candidate's own polls wouldn't put them ahead of normal polls? And even if that's true, I can't see a headline saying "Two stunning third-place finishes put Richardson on path to White House"

The poor sap's family lives in New York, but he's got an apartment just so that he can work for Richardson. The campaign reimburses him for the gas it takes to drive to and from HQ, but nothing else. His parents are just being very generous and subsidizing this whole endeavor.
poughies
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 08:03:49 PM »

My friend is living/going to school in New Hampshire, and is currently working for the Richardson campaign. He's told me that their polls show Richardson significantly better off than mainstream polls do, especially if you consider only voters who voted in the '06 elections and went to the '04 caucuses/primaries. In Iowa, he says, among the aforementioned group of voters, Obama is just about tied with Richardson, and that in NH, Richardson is poised to overtake Edwards as the number three.

But which candidate's own polls wouldn't put them ahead of normal polls? And even if that's true, I can't see a headline saying "Two stunning third-place finishes put Richardson on path to White House"

The poor sap's family lives in New York, but he's got an apartment just so that he can work for Richardson. The campaign reimburses him for the gas it takes to drive to and from HQ, but nothing else. His parents are just being very generous and subsidizing this whole endeavor.

who's your friend? He go to Dartmouth? PM me if you feel uncomfortable doing it on here..... If i don't get an answer i'll pm you.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 11:13:36 AM »

I'll be working on my own, bahahaha! But that's this year.

In 2008, I'll be doing some work again on the Congressional campaign, and that's about it. The only Presidential campaign I'll go and do anything for is if Bloomberg steps in. Possibility of doing some work for either Giuliani or Edwards if one of them becomes the nominee.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies