Are you 100% pro-life?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:51:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are you 100% pro-life?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Are you?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Are you 100% pro-life?  (Read 5736 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2007, 09:53:50 AM »

Is there anyone else out there who values the sancity of human life and erring on the side of life as much as I do?  I find it ridiculous the amount of criticism I get for this position, there is no reason not to be 100% pro-life if you are pro-life at all.  Supporting exceptions is another way of saying, "Yeah I know they'll find loopholes don't I only care about the issue for personal gain."
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 10:31:12 AM »

Are you discussing abortion alone, or are you really 100% pro-life that you can't see any case in which someone should die before it's their natural time (ie, execution, war, etc)?

On Abortion, no, I am not 100% pro-life.  I believe that abortions should be reserved for cases of rape, incest, or risk to the mothers life, but that is it. 
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 11:26:32 AM »

Are you discussing abortion alone, or are you really 100% pro-life that you can't see any case in which someone should die before it's their natural time (ie, execution, war, etc)?

On Abortion, no, I am not 100% pro-life.  I believe that abortions should be reserved for cases of rape, incest, or risk to the mothers life, but that is it. 

I was specifically concerning abortion, however, I do consider myself 100% pro-life all-around because I don't see how being for war makes you not pro-life.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 12:42:48 PM »

Is there anyone else out there who values the sancity of human life and erring on the side of life as much as I do?  I find it ridiculous the amount of criticism I get for this position, there is no reason not to be 100% pro-life if you are pro-life at all.  Supporting exceptions is another way of saying, "Yeah I know they'll find loopholes don't I only care about the issue for personal gain."

Given that you think that women with ectopic pregnancies should die along with the embryo, I don't exactly think you count as 100% pro-life.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 12:46:28 PM »

Not at all. Maybe like 10%
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 01:47:05 PM »

Given that you think that women with ectopic pregnancies should die along with the embryo, I don't exactly think you count as 100% pro-life.

I feel it is more moral to take a chance that both live than to make sure one is killed.  If the baby is already dead, then the procedure is no longer an abortion in my book.  Again, this issue is very personal to me as I have explained before as my mother had an 85% chance of dying if she gave birth to me, but you chose to take the risk and we both live happily and healthy now.  I do not believe if I would have died or been aborted my mother could have continued.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 01:48:44 PM »

I do consider myself 100% pro-life all-around because I don't see how being for war makes you not pro-life.

There are some that don't live in war.
DWPerry
Puerto Rico

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 01:49:18 PM »

In 2004 I was endorsed by 100% Pro-Life PAC
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 01:51:01 PM »

I do consider myself 100% pro-life all-around because I don't see how being for war makes you not pro-life.

The goal of abortion is murder, the goal of war is not death
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 02:00:57 PM »

A few points:

1. Most people who support abortion rights don't consider it to be murder.  You can scream "but it's life!" as much as you want, but many people disagree.  It is an arbitrary line for most of us.  And to reduce that down to us being "pro-death" is offensive and why the "pro-life movement" leaves a bitter taste in many of our mouths.

2. Saying "the goal of war is not death" is like saying the goal of chess is not to capture the other player's queen, but to get them to say they lost.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 02:10:46 PM »

You just may be more foolish than Naso.

I suppose you also support the death penalty?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 02:17:20 PM »

I feel it is more moral to take a chance that both live than to make sure one is killed.  If the baby is already dead, then the procedure is no longer an abortion in my book.  Again, this issue is very personal to me as I have explained before as my mother had an 85% chance of dying if she gave birth to me, but you chose to take the risk and we both live happily and healthy now.  I do not believe if I would have died or been aborted my mother could have continued.

1. Many of us don't consider life to begin at conception, but at birth]
2. Allowing the mother to choose whether the deliver the baby with a chance at death or the abort it would not force mothers not to deliver the baby. There were no lawws obligating your mother to deliver the baby, yet she did so anyway.
3. Even if you are pro-life, would you not consider life that is already functional to be superior to developing life? Should the protection of the mother's life be superios to the protection of the unborn baby's life?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 02:24:22 PM »

That must be the hundreth time someone on this forum has made that incorrect assertion, in fact I believe you did once in fact Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 02:27:16 PM »

Here's the thing: in at least 99% of cases an ectopic pregnancy will result in the death of both the embryo and the mother.  So essentially you're saying that you would prefer 99 mothers and embryos die just for the chance of having 1 embryo live.  How in the world is this erring on the side of life?

Yes it is.  The goal of war is to kill enough people to make the leaders of the other side surrender.  Do you think it's just a coincidence that every single war ever has resulted in people getting killed?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 03:09:44 PM »

NO I WANT TO KILL TEH BABIES DAMMIT!!!1111...

The phrases "pro-life" and "pro-choice" really are the sewer dregs of the English language. Personally this issue interests me in how much so many people are amazing fanatical about this issue..
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 03:18:22 PM »

The phrases "pro-life" and "pro-choice" really are the sewer dregs of the English language.

I've said that countless numbers of times.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 05:20:44 PM »

That must be the hundreth time someone on this forum has made that incorrect assertion, in fact I believe you did once in fact Tongue

Liberal.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 05:31:26 PM »

Liberal.

Be careful...or he'll raise your taxes so high that you will have to sell your Sable and lease a Focus. Tongue
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 06:03:51 PM »

There's a difference between killing and murdering.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 06:49:58 PM »

There's a difference between killing and murdering.

The question was asking whether you completely support life or not.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 07:42:18 PM »

Nope, I'm not.

My beliefs about abortion is that it should be illegal except to save the mother's life.

I think physician assisted suicide should be allowed in certain instances.

And I strongly support the death penalty.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 07:55:54 PM »

I was specifically concerning abortion, however, I do consider myself 100% pro-life all-around because I don't see how being for war makes you not pro-life.

In case you haven't noticed, people die in wars.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 07:59:51 PM »

No, though I support some restrictions on abortion.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 08:08:37 PM »

any on adoption?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2007, 11:25:31 PM »

A few points:

1. Most people who support abortion rights don't consider it to be murder.  You can scream "but it's life!" as much as you want, but many people disagree. 

I wish I could be that ignorant and get away with it. Amazing how the same people will rally around the causes of science...when it benefits their agenda.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies