when will the republicans win another presidential election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:41:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  when will the republicans win another presidential election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: when will the republicans win another presidential election?  (Read 9990 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 12, 2007, 08:14:21 PM »

I agree with WalterMitty.  Unless a Democratic President REALLY screws up, the Dems will have the White House until 2016 or 2020.  Get ready for 8 years of President Hillary.  And Republicans, you did it to yourselves.

The Democrats you have to keep in mind have a nasty habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 11:00:01 AM »

Never.  I'm surprised this isn't obvious to all.  Demographic trends cannot be disputed.  Hispanic numbers are massive and accelerating.  That transfers into millions more of low income voters who will pull the Democratic lever to get more government goodies.  It's the dirty little secret that Republicans operatives know but somehow never say out loud.  California is long gone.  New Mexico will be gone in 2008.   In 2012 wave bye bye to Arizona, Nevada, and Colorado.  By 2012 the numbers will have sufficiently changed to add to Democratic totals in other now close battleground states in other parts of the country.

Just one example of how drastic the change is.  California study released yesterday indicated the demographics of California by 2050 - 52% Hispanic, 26% white, the rest a mixture of Aian (13%) Black (6%) and other.  Texas (of all states) will be gone by 2020 - Hispanic plurality by then and Hispanic majority by 2025.

Two terms of Hillary and by 2016 presidential elections won't even be competitive.  All you have to do is do the math.  Facts are brutal things.  Numbers don't lie.

That's one of the reasons the GOP has to become more competitive in Northeastern and Midwestern states that are currently blue like Illinois,New Jersey,Delaware,and parts of New England that used to be Republican leaning.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 04:12:25 PM »

one thing is for sure...if the 47 million people in america without health insurance would get off of their asses and vote their best interests, the republican party would be forced to change or die.

I'm sure we are going to be getting universal health care pretty soon after 08,Whether it be with Clinton,Obama or Romney.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 07:52:11 PM »

You do realize you're already paying for it, don't you?

I am constatnly amazed by Republican ignorance on this issue.

Me and a number of other Republicans are centainly not ignorant on the issue,However I think we are eventully going to get some form of universal health care eventully,Whether it be under a Republican or Democratic President who takes the incitive such a system.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 11:21:51 AM »

If the country moves to the left politically, both parties will also move left. This may well result in a Republican victory, but overall it would still be a victory for liberalism.

1996 is the perfect example. On paper it was a big Democratic victory in the Presidential election. But in reality, it wasn't, because both parties had moved to the right. Conservatives were the true winners since they had forced Clinton and the Democrats to move to the right in order to win, thus essentially removing true liberalism from the spectrum of political debate for the next 10 years.

Looking to 2008, conservatives have to be a might upset about the fact that even Rudy Guiliani may now be considered too far to the right to win, while Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and John Edwards are now considered reasonable moderates by most rather than extreme liberals.

But not to worry, eventually a Democratic President and the Democratic Congress will screw up and go too far to the left, and then the Republicans will win. But they'll probably have to moderate themselves to do it.

Usually when a party loses, they reevaluate their positions and reinvent themselves. The Republicans can't do that yet after their 2006 defeat, because the primary reason for that defeat was Bush and the war in Iraq. They need to wait until after 2008 before they can purge themselves of that albatross.

I was thinking of something along those lines too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies