when will the republicans win another presidential election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:06:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  when will the republicans win another presidential election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: when will the republicans win another presidential election?  (Read 9959 times)
agcatter
YaBB God

« on: July 13, 2007, 08:53:36 AM »

Never.  I'm surprised this isn't obvious to all.  Demographic trends cannot be disputed.  Hispanic numbers are massive and accelerating.  That transfers into millions more of low income voters who will pull the Democratic lever to get more government goodies.  It's the dirty little secret that Republicans operatives know but somehow never say out loud.  California is long gone.  New Mexico will be gone in 2008.   In 2012 wave bye bye to Arizona, Nevada, and Colorado.  By 2012 the numbers will have sufficiently changed to add to Democratic totals in other now close battleground states in other parts of the country.

Just one example of how drastic the change is.  California study released yesterday indicated the demographics of California by 2050 - 52% Hispanic, 26% white, the rest a mixture of Aian (13%) Black (6%) and other.  Texas (of all states) will be gone by 2020 - Hispanic plurality by then and Hispanic majority by 2025.

Two terms of Hillary and by 2016 presidential elections won't even be competitive.  All you have to do is do the math.  Facts are brutal things.  Numbers don't lie.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 10:52:46 AM »

The only possible  variable concerning what I said before would be some sort of catastrophic event - terrorist detenation of a nuke on American soil maybe.  It would have to be something of that magnitude.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 06:14:47 PM »

Who would you like to pay for it?  Nevermind.  I think I know the answer.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 11:10:10 AM »

The other problem with Canadian type single pay system is getting treatment.  My sister is 51 and was having some very troubling symptoms over the last two to three weeks.  The blood work results looked suspicious and combined with the symptoms and family history the doctor ordered a CT scan  last Monday - which showed shadows or spots on her kidney and liver.  They immediately ordered a MRI and that was done yesterday (two days later) to get a definitive diagnosis.  We are hoping against hope for good news early next week.  Anyone want to venture a guess as to how long she would have to wait for the original CT scan let alone a follow up procedure like an MRI if she lived in Canada?  I wonder if Michael Moore covered that little detail in his latest propaganda flick.  We all know the answer to that one I think.

Government run health care is wonderful - unless you are actualy sick.  if the cancer spreads (cancer tends to do that) while you are waiting for "your turn" it doesn't do you a hell of a lot of good.  Now, if we can tweek the system to improve what we've got I'm all for doing whatever we can do to improve the system.  However, government run systems look good on paper, but my sister is a living example as to the drawback - a matter of life and death.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 11:56:19 AM »

Bush is definitely an albatross.  However, as I outlined before, the demographics are such that the Republican Party is history regardless of whether they moderate their stance or Bush is out of office.  Concervatives need to get ready to live under a European style welfare state.  There is nothing they can do about this.  They no longer have enough votes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies