when will the republicans win another presidential election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:39:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  when will the republicans win another presidential election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: when will the republicans win another presidential election?  (Read 9986 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« on: July 13, 2007, 01:46:28 PM »

2020. At which point political scientists will be able to speak of the "Democratic era," as they will have won the popular vote in all but one election since 1988.

I doubt it. It'll probably be referred to as the Bush-Clinton era, assuming Hillary is elected in 2008.  Hell, it's quite possible I could be 28 by the time I live under a President whose last name isn't Bush or Clinton.

Hmmm.. Jeb Bush 2016? Or will he be too old by then?

I have a funny feeling that the Republicans will somehow.. and not sure how and with who.. win in 2008 (Unless Al Gore is DEM nominee).. which would actually be bad for them in the long run. I thought the same in 2004 and look how that turned out..

Apart from that, I echo Lewis' sentiments.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 03:48:52 PM »

The last time the presidential election ballot did not feature either a Bush or a Clinton anywhere on it was 1976.

You Know if you add Nixon and Dole to that list you're looking at only one election since the 1940s (1964)...

And if you add Roosevelt, Dewey and Bryan you go back even further.. only three elections since 1892 - 1916, 1928 and 1964.

So this ain't a new thang...
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 01:12:49 PM »

Probably the most devastating possible thing that could happen to the Republican Party would be if Roe vs. Wade were to be ever overturned.

I totally second this.

Which is why Roe vs. Wade will never be overturned (at least in the foreseeable future.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies