when will the republicans win another presidential election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:04:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  when will the republicans win another presidential election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: when will the republicans win another presidential election?  (Read 9978 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 12, 2007, 08:25:44 PM »

I agree with WalterMitty.  Unless a Democratic President REALLY screws up, the Dems will have the White House until 2016 or 2020.  Get ready for 8 years of President Hillary.  And Republicans, you did it to yourselves.

I wouldn't be suprised if one of the parties were totally shot out for two full presidencies. By then, I would think the Libertarians would replace the losing party.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 05:02:04 PM »

Although, I predict that about half of the states will still continue to follow Roe, even if it was overturned.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 12:45:28 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2007, 12:50:15 PM by Angry_Weasel »

Although, I predict that about half of the states will still continue to follow Roe, even if it was overturned.

They wouldn't be in abortion clinics as those could be forcibly closed making most people not get any. So the people who are desperate to kill can possibly die themselves in back alleys.
Although you would think that states that still would use Roe wouldn't do that and those who lived in conservative states would either move out  if they couldn't come back (you can't extradite someone who hasn't committed a crime) or just take a bus to get one. In moderate states, where abortions are legal, but restricted, they would probably be in ambulances or boats and in liberal states, in hospitials. Although, it would be interesting if a new crime war similar to the Prohibition crime war, erupted if there was a federal "War on Abortion".
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 12:52:02 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2007, 12:57:55 PM by Angry_Weasel »

Want third parties to get in? Then change the FPTP system you love so much.

No, we just need to remove the barriers put in place in allowing ballot access.  Switching away from FPTP without changing ballot access still leaves the third-parties severely disadvantaged by the two dominanting parties.

modu, maybe this isnt a fair question, but im curious...why arent you a republican?  do you disagree with the republican party on anything?

The same question could be asked of you, Walter?  Why aren't you a Democrat?  I've answered this numerous times in the past.  I jumped out of supporting the Republican party decades ago, remained independent up till the early days of the Reform movement, and then went back to independent.  I am conservative by nature, so I will more times than not share similar views as those of the Republican party, but I do have my differences on issues, especially when the two dinosaur parties have grown closer together with their party-first mentality.

modu, im basically an independent.  i certainly vote a very split ticket.

i just happen to still be registered a republican.  and ill likely remain a republican.  im hopeful that the party will rebuild itself into something a little more secular and a little less mean-spirited.
Heck, i'll bet you even have the pleasantries and grace of a traditional republican. You probably are tolerant yet traditional yourself, drive a traditional large sedan, Like the Ford Five Hundred, enjoy golf and generally live in the suburbs...or at least your parents do....and unlike most neocon GOPers, still have all of your teeth.

Personally, I think that if the dems do not win in 2008, they will be out of congress by 2012 and will not return to either congress or the presidency until 2024, barring a major disaster like the depression on what happened in The Sum of All Fears or Day After Tommorow....then again, I bet that it would be a major disaster like that that will be the cause of the realignment in the 2020s period.

If the dems win and mess up, the GOP will sweep in 2012 and the second half the former scenario will be true.

If the dems win and don't mess up, we will have another GOPer by 2016, at the earliest and 2024, at the latest. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 01:06:34 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2007, 01:08:44 PM by Angry_Weasel »

Want third parties to get in? Then change the FPTP system you love so much.

No, we just need to remove the barriers put in place in allowing ballot access.  Switching away from FPTP without changing ballot access still leaves the third-parties severely disadvantaged by the two dominanting parties.

modu, maybe this isnt a fair question, but im curious...why arent you a republican?  do you disagree with the republican party on anything?

The same question could be asked of you, Walter?  Why aren't you a Democrat?  I've answered this numerous times in the past.  I jumped out of supporting the Republican party decades ago, remained independent up till the early days of the Reform movement, and then went back to independent.  I am conservative by nature, so I will more times than not share similar views as those of the Republican party, but I do have my differences on issues, especially when the two dinosaur parties have grown closer together with their party-first mentality.

modu, im basically an independent.  i certainly vote a very split ticket.

i just happen to still be registered a republican.  and ill likely remain a republican.  im hopeful that the party will rebuild itself into something a little more secular and a little less mean-spirited.
Heck, i'll bet you even have the pleasantries and grace of a traditional republican. You probably drive a traditional large sedan, enjoy golf and generally live in the suburbs.

hhaha.  wrong!

i live in a very urban area.  i drive a small, economy class car.  and ive never played golf!

Gee. You would be what my Guiliani-esque Republican father-in-law calls a "vegan republican". Well that's what he called my wife when she tried to be a republican so she could attend the only political group at the Central Wyoming College, which is basically all republican, with exceptinons you could probably count on your body. At that college, almost everyone believed that meat-eating animals larger than man should be hunted to extinction and that women who were promiscous could not be ever considered raped.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies