Introduction to Atlasia Bill [Passed]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:00:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Introduction to Atlasia Bill [Passed]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Introduction to Atlasia Bill [Passed]  (Read 4963 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 08:54:19 AM »

So... bringing an amendment, which probably should be accepted as a friendly amendment, to replace "simple" with "simply" and to strike "your name;".

Yessir.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 09:36:59 AM »

Senators have 24 hours to object to the passing of Lewis's amendment as a friendly amendment.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2007, 01:20:47 PM »

With no objections, Lewis's amendment is passed as a friendly amendment.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2007, 01:28:55 PM »

Although I am not a Senator nor the Secretary of Forum Affairs, I would ask that this bill be amended so the SoFA doesn't have this responsibility.  Forum Affairs Department has always had too much responsibility as is and it would just create more error to give it more work.

I think this would the perfect job for the President.  I know it seems like too much of a sugar job for somebody of that power, but if I'm a new member, I would be more inclined to read a "READ FIRST: Welcome to Atlasia" type thread if it were written by "President Colin Wixted."

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2007, 08:12:22 PM »

In other words, King wants an amendment that reads something like this:

All mentions of the words "Secretary of Forum Affairs" or SoFA" in this legislation shall be replaced  by President of Atlasia. (I think that's his title, please correct if wrong)

Ok, I'll propose it.  I'm curious as to what people think anyway.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »

I'd have no problem keeping something like this up and I don't believe the office is currently burdened with as many issues to take care of as the DoFA is.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2007, 07:15:40 AM »

We are voting on the following amendment:

All mentions of the words "Secretary of Forum Affairs" or SoFA" in this legislation shall be replaced by President of Atlasia.

Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2007, 09:45:12 AM »

Aye
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2007, 09:49:51 AM »

Aye
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2007, 10:26:52 AM »

Aye
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2007, 12:13:30 PM »

Aye
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2007, 05:32:38 PM »

Aye
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2007, 05:56:39 PM »

Aye
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2007, 10:14:47 PM »

Abstain
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2007, 07:05:22 AM »

With 6 votes in favor, 1 abstention and 3 not voting, the amendment has passed.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 09:13:04 AM »
« Edited: July 26, 2007, 08:16:17 AM by Sam Spade »

We are voting on final passage of this bill:

Introduction to Atlasia Bill

Whereas the Senate finds that it is beneficial to new citizens (hereinafter ‘newbies’) of Atlasia to have ease of access to basic information regarding the nation:

1. It shall hereinafter be the responsibility of the President of Atlasia (hereinafter ‘President’) to maintain an introductory thread in the Atlas Fantasy Elections Forum containing therein such matters which may be of use or benefit to newbies.

2. This thread shall include the following opening statement:
Welcome to Atlasia, a political/governmental simulation wherein participants take part in elections and referenda which shape the nature and laws of the nation. Atlasia operates as a federal state with five regions. The federal government has three branches: executive (President and Cabinet); legislative (Senate); and judicial (Supreme Court). Elections to the Presidency and Senate are held regularly.

The five regions are the Mideast; Midwest; Northeast; Pacific and Southeast. Each comprises around 10 states. Citizens of each region can participate in the regional government either as elected representatives such as the Governor or simply as proposers of legislation at the regional level. Each region has developed their own constitutions which set out their system of government.

Parties
Numerous parties exist in Atlasia encompassing a wide range of ideological positions. Many parties have a leadership, organise a platform and put forward and endorse candidates for elections. A brief summary of the ideology of the major parties is provided below. There are also numerous Independents in Atlasia who act outside of any party structure.

Registration
To join Atlasia, you must register in the Registration Thread. Simply state your preferred state of residence and the party you wish to register with. You may register in anyone of the 50 real life states, D.C., and Puerto Rico. You can register at any time, however there are rules in place limiting rights to vote to those who have reached a total post count on the forum of 50; have posted more than 25 times in the previous 8 weeks; and have registered more than 10 days prior to the election. You may only change your state of registration every 60 days but you may change your party at anytime.

Further Information
If you want to learn more about Atlasia, you can explore the Atlas Wiki which stores the Atlasian and regional Constitutions and laws, as well as information on current office holders and some details about many of the current (and past) participants in Atlasia.

Also, you should feel free to post any questions you have about Atlasia in this thread and someone should shortly be able to provide some guidance.

3. Following the above opening statement, the President shall post short statements from each of the parties. It shall be the responsibility of each party to provide a short statement (no longer than 100 words) outlining the ideology of the party to the President for posting in this thread. The party may also include a link to another site (such as the party’s wiki page) which shall not count towards their word limit. Parties shall not be obliged to produce any such details should they so choose. Those which do not shall forfeit their entry. Parties may at any time give to the President an amended statement for posting.

4. The President shall be free to edit the opening statement such that it correctly represents the law or state of affairs of Atlasia.

5. Each new President shall create a new Introductory Thread within the terms of this Act. The President shall make such representations and efforts as are necessary to ensure that his new thread shall be ‘stickied’ such that it shall always be easily accessible to newbies.

6. The President shall be allowed to include in the thread such other information as he considers desirous or useful for newbies to be made aware of.

Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.

Aye.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 01:42:29 PM »

Aye
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2007, 02:02:27 PM »

Aye
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2007, 05:58:38 PM »

Aye
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2007, 08:15:15 PM »

Question if I may: Who will write the intro to political parties? An independent non-biased or personal entry for the party by its members?
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2007, 09:57:52 PM »

3. Following the above opening statement, the President shall post short statements from each of the major parties (i.e. those having 5 or more registered members). It shall be the responsibility of each party to provide a short statement (no longer than 100 words) outlining the ideology of the party to the President for posting in this thread. The party may also include a link to another site (such as the party’s wiki page) which shall not count towards their word limit. Parties shall not be obliged to produce any such details should they so choose. Those which do not shall forfeit their entry. Major parties may at any time give to the President an amended statement for posting.

Correction: I offered the following amendment which passed and is not included in this version.

I offer the following amendment to section 3 regarding parties (remove the stricken text):

3. Following the above opening statement, the SoFA shall post short statements from each of the major parties (i.e. those having 5 or more registered members). It shall be the responsibility of each party to provide a short statement (no longer than 100 words) outlining the ideology of the party to the SoFA for posting in this thread. The party may also include a link to another site (such as the party’s wiki page) which shall not count towards their word limit. Parties shall not be obliged to produce any such details should they so choose. Those which do not shall forfeit their entry. Major parties may at any time give to the SoFA an amended statement for posting.

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2007, 08:16:49 AM »

So noted and corrected.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2007, 08:26:41 AM »

Question if I may: Who will write the intro to political parties? An independent non-biased or personal entry for the party by its members?

The parties themselves.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2007, 08:27:02 AM »

Aye
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution