Political Dreams
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:11:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Political Dreams
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political Dreams  (Read 1699 times)
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2007, 12:29:39 PM »

Do you have any?

I've had:
* Barack Obama becoming President with an Afro.
* A number involving George Galloway.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 12:47:13 PM »

That would simply be the greatest thing ever... If Barack grows a 'fro you know who'll I'll be supporting come next November.

Most of my dreams tend to be incoherent, though I remember once dreaming of watching Canadian Election results (god knows why) on TV and the NDP had won something like 80 seats (Or some really high number).

After that I swore not to go on this forum anymore, I was wasting my youth ffs. And I never did...
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 02:18:18 PM »

That would simply be the greatest thing ever... If Barack grows a 'fro you know who'll I'll be supporting come next November.

Most of my dreams tend to be incoherent, though I remember once dreaming of watching Canadian Election results (god knows why) on TV and the NDP had won something like 80 seats (Or some really high number).

After that I swore not to go on this forum anymore, I was wasting my youth ffs. And I never did...

I like your dreams! Cheesy

And, why wouldn't you watch Canadian election results? Lately they've been exciting.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 06:41:57 PM »

I was singing "You can call me Al" with Al Gore.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 06:43:23 PM »

I don't really care about politics enough to even think about it in my spare time, let alone dream about it. Tongue
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 08:30:28 PM »

Is the afro serving alongside Mr. Obama, or is it the Vice-President. The afro has the potential to be areal good running mate.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 09:09:36 PM »

I had one in which President Bush visited my house. That's the only one I remember I had.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 09:18:40 PM »

I had this weird dream in which a special Presidential election was held sometime in 2006, featuring a rematch between John Kerry and George W. Bush. I remember being in this giant room that resembled the NORAD command center with what seemed like hundreds of other people. I don't really know who the other people were but some of them were definitely armed and all seemed to be rooting for Kerry. We were watching election night results and I was like "oh fuck, if we lose this thing..." But then Kerry was projected the winner, but with a weird configuration of winning states. Then I woke up.

exciting, huh?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 09:21:59 PM »

I had one about Romney sweeping the country and then it was clear that he stole the election and that was when the dream ended.

A week before the 2006 election, I  had one about the aftermath of nuclear war and trying to find a Crono Trigger-esque dome in the middle of Montana. It was about 2008.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 10:03:36 PM »

When I went to sleep after the 2006 midterms right after they called Montana for Tester, giving the Dems the Senate, I had a dream that I was partying with all of the Senate Democrats, and there was a huge picture of Tester on the wall. I remember distinctly high-fiving Bill Nelson and Chuck Schumer.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 10:50:31 PM »

I had this one, it was the night that Fred Thompson went to the Lincoln Club, where I dreamt that Fred Thompson was good friends with my family.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 11:54:09 PM »

There's only one vaguely-political one I can remember...it involved someone claiming to be the late Winthrop Rockefeller running a helicopter charter business.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 02:26:25 AM »

The Republican Party candidate deciding to not wuss up to the public.  The candidate wears a t-shirt and jeans to the debate, has a mustache and beard two feet long and carries a rifle around at all time.  He's not afraid to answer a question about terrorism with "we gotta kill all them motherers and take a piss on their brains".  Very smart person in actuality, but never completed high school.

The Democratic Party candidate is a proud Harvard/Yale PhD, CCCP card carrying autistic lesbian jewish black illegal immigrant in a wheel chair.

Pretty much overkill stereotypes would rock.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 02:58:57 AM »

The Republican Party candidate deciding to not wuss up to the public.  The candidate wears a t-shirt and jeans to the debate, has a mustache and beard two feet long and carries a rifle around at all time.  He's not afraid to answer a question about terrorism with "we gotta kill all them motherers and take a piss on their brains".  Very smart person in actuality, but never completed high school.

The Democratic Party candidate is a proud Harvard/Yale PhD, CCCP card carrying autistic lesbian jewish black illegal immigrant in a wheel chair.

And then comes in the Liberatarian who is extremely privaledged, ignores every other person in the room to the point where he doesn't even stop talking to hear their viewpoints. Then he goes on to shoot 8 of the people in the room with his oozie that is part of his "right" as an american, the victims can't get hospital treatment because there are only 12 doctors left in the US after the education system was shut down. Oh and it turns out that everyone attending just made it up when they were high off a mixture of legal crack/meth/pot/LSD.
Wink
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 11:44:24 AM »

...or the republican could be in a suit of armor with huge sword, be illiterate and have long, uncut platnium hair.....like a Teutonic Warlord in the 5th and 6th century.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 11:58:53 AM »

I once dreamed that the Pope was an elected, partisan office.  In Idaho.

The Pope of Idaho.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 12:00:56 PM »

Shattered Sad
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 01:14:19 PM »

I once dreamed that the Pope was an elected, partisan office.  In Idaho.

The Pope of Idaho.

Did this pope get a popemobile?

If so it sounds kinda cool, in a mormon sort of way.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2007, 03:57:10 PM »

Exactly what I was thinking. It would be funny if there was a Mormon Pope....or an Evangelical pope that unified all those independent reactionary baptist, pentacostal and "Non-demoninational" churches. Perhaps James Dobson. He could have a Mercedes, Lincoln or Hummer motorcade, his own Swiss Guard, fortified base inside of Colorado Springs (his current one is on the slope of Mnument Hill to the North) and of course a pope hat and hordes of child-molesting minions.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 07:44:23 PM »

And then comes in the Liberatarian who is extremely privaledged, ignores every other person in the room to the point where he doesn't even stop talking to hear their viewpoints. Then he goes on to shoot 8 of the people in the room with his oozie that is part of his "right" as an american, the victims can't get hospital treatment because there are only 12 doctors left in the US after the education system was shut down. Oh and it turns out that everyone attending just made it up when they were high off a mixture of legal crack/meth/pot/LSD.
Wink

awesome only if he gets into the debates Tongue
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 12:13:19 AM »

I dreamed that I actually became a congressman... at my age 0o;
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 04:09:29 AM »

I had a dream where George W. Bush and John Howard came to my old Primary School and kept on following me around. It was quite scary actully.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2007, 11:05:53 AM »

I had a weird dream where Tommy Thompson was a woman.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2007, 11:59:58 AM »

I remember seeing a map of Scotland where Labour won everything back they lost this year except they lost the whole of Glasgow which went Tory blue :/
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies