Romney's New Ad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:06:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Romney's New Ad
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Romney's New Ad  (Read 8143 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2007, 10:04:59 PM »
« edited: July 18, 2007, 10:07:02 PM by Eraserhead »

I will not be drawn into this type of an internet dialogue with individuals who are obviously predisposed to an already unenlightened stance and prejudicial attitude.

That's what we like to call dodging the bullet.

Tell me, though.  Are you willing to admit that Mitt Romney is a bigot against the non-religious?

Actually, it is called not wasting my time with an exercise in futility.

I do not wish to expend the effort of launching a cruise missile to flatten an ant hill.

Mitt Romney is not a bigot against the non-religious.  He simply has a firm conviction that strong moral values make for a strong nation.  Strong moral values will prevent the nation from decaying from within.

So basically he doesn't like non-religious people but that doesn't make him a bigot towards them?

It is entirely untrue to state that Mitt Romney does not like non religious people.  As a good Christian, Romney has love for all mankind. 

I am aware that Romney has stated that a person of faith should be President.  This by no means should be construed to indicate that Romney believes that only a Christian should be President.  A  person of faith is one who has values and principles that are for the betterment of society, and a person of faith is one who believes in a Supreme Being.  Clearly, a person of faith can be Christian, non Christian, Jewish, Muslim, what have you.

Well me and most of the people I know don't believe in a "Supreme Being". I guess we can't run for President according to Romney.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2007, 10:07:05 PM »

I will not be drawn into this type of an internet dialogue with individuals who are obviously predisposed to an already unenlightened stance and prejudicial attitude.

Tell me, though.  Are you willing to admit that Mitt Romney is a bigot against the non-religious?

I do not wish to expend the effort of launching a cruise missile to flatten an ant hill.

Mitt Romney is not a bigot against the non-religious.  He simply has a firm conviction that strong moral values make for a strong nation.  Strong moral values will prevent the nation from decaying from within.

So basically he doesn't like non-religious people but that doesn't make him a bigot towards them?

It is entirely untrue to state that Mitt Romney does not like non religious people.  As a good Christian, Romney has love for all mankind. 

I am aware that Romney has stated that a person of faith should be President.  This by no means should be construed to indicate that Romney believes that only a Christian should be President.  A  person of faith is one who has values and principles that are for the betterment of society, and a person of faith is one who believes in a Supreme Being.  Clearly, a person of faith can be Christian, non Christian, Jewish, Muslim, what have you.

Well me and most of the people I know don't believe in a "Supreme Being". I guess we can't run for President.

Unless you're opponent is gay, and even then, you would be a longshot.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2007, 10:08:28 PM »

Well me and most of the people I know don't believe in a "Supreme Being". I guess we can't run for President.

Unless you're opponent is gay, and even then, you would be a longshot.

Unless the gay was non believer too...then I would almost certainly be the favorite.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2007, 11:18:26 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2007, 11:41:44 PM by Tammany Hall Republican »

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you ask me, you sound like a hypocrite. And my comments on this thread had nothing to do with Romney's religion. In fact, when I see Romney speak on CNN or wherever, he has always seemed like a great person. I still believe that he truly believes in everything he did in 1994, too. Also, I'd proudly vote for Harry Reid or any other Mormon like him. Anyway, your comments just aren't consistent.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conan, I have never said at any time in this thread anything about any of your comments, nor have I said that any of your comments had anything to do with Romney's religion.  I agree, none of your comments had anything to do with Romney's religion.   

The only comment I have made to you is in answering a question you posed to me.  That's the extent of any dialogue between yourself and me.

In fact, I appreciate the comments you made above about Romney.  They are most magnanimous. 

On the other hand, as to you referring to me as a hyprocite, and as being inconsistent, I disagree, but, well........ that's another matter altogether.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2007, 11:36:14 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2007, 11:40:18 PM by Tammany Hall Republican »

Well me and most of the people I know don't believe in a "Supreme Being". I guess we can't run for President according to Romney.

No, that was me, not Romney, that made reference to a Supreme Being.

So, if you or your friends never run for President, or never become President, blame me. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2007, 11:48:32 PM »

No, that was me, not Romney, that made reference to a Supreme Being.

So, if you or your friends never run for President, or never become President, blame me. 

I will you bigot!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2007, 12:05:42 AM »

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2007, 01:38:43 AM »

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Same could be said for you. That's the point. Wink
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2007, 12:48:05 PM »

Mitt Romney evokes the same kinds of passions and emotions that America's great Presidents, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin D Roosevelt, and Ronald Reagan, have awakened in the hearts and minds of the American people.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2007, 01:01:04 PM »

Mitt Romney evokes the same kinds of passions and emotions that America's great Presidents, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin D Roosevelt, and Ronald Reagan, have awakened in the hearts and minds of the American people.

If that's the case, why do a quarter of GOP voters currently support the 'NOTA' option?  Hardly an inspiring statistic to come from Romney's (and the others') own base, is it?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070717/ap_on_el_pr/presidential_race_ap_poll
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2007, 01:40:55 PM »

Nope

Mitt Romney is the reason why cleaning mops will be sold at high speed to Democratic and Independent housewives next year.

Reason: Mitt Romney is part of The Emetic Gang (what cool words you find in the dictionary ...) Tongue
poughies
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2007, 02:49:35 PM »

Mitt Romney evokes the feelings i get when i go to the waffle house and beach. Flip-Flopping.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2007, 07:34:50 PM »

a person of faith is one who believes in a Supreme Being.

Buddhists?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2007, 10:05:24 PM »

.....Huh...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies