Anti-Semitism in Europe (2007 survey) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:07:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Anti-Semitism in Europe (2007 survey) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anti-Semitism in Europe (2007 survey)  (Read 2764 times)
useful idiot
YaBB God

« on: July 27, 2007, 11:19:36 AM »
« edited: July 27, 2007, 11:26:27 AM by useful idiot »

You just need to see Borat to figure out that many people in the States think this way too.

The difference is that the people in the U.S. that think that way ARE skinheads, militia types, the fringes of society, etc etc. Europe is hit on two fronts: the culture of anti-semetism that exists amongst university professors, journalists, and intellectuals, and the Muslim community, who have an inordinate amount of influence and power. It allows anti-semetic ideas to seep into the wider culture.

Question 8 is the one that shocked me, but gave me hope in a slight way. It shows that people really don't know how hellish life is for most Continental European Jews, which I suppose is better than knowing and not doing anything about it.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 03:04:19 PM »

Question 8 is the one that shocked me, but gave me hope in a slight way. It shows that people really don't know how hellish life is for most Continental European Jews, which I suppose is better than knowing and not doing anything about it.

Huh? Question 8 ("Do you think your government is doing enough to ensure the safety and security of its Jewish citizens?") is actually one of the few statements I would agree with.

The fact that there's always a policeman posted in front of that large synagogue in Berlin might be sad, but it shows that the government is doing everything possible to protect Jewish citizens.

Germany is an exception to that rule, I was actually thinking about putting a qualifier in my earlier statement. The other nations surveyed however, especially Holland, are doing very little to protect Jews from Muslims. France is by far the worst, but it wasn't included in this survey.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies