Anti-Semitism in Europe (2007 survey) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:29:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Anti-Semitism in Europe (2007 survey) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anti-Semitism in Europe (2007 survey)  (Read 2762 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« on: July 18, 2007, 03:57:44 PM »

Not surprising that Hungary is the highest (given that it's only the country in Eastern Europe.. though you would think with their history... )

Anyway some of that is really rather depressing stuff. My Opinion of Switzerland especially has gone down a bit with that.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 12:07:40 PM »

Not surprising that Hungary is the highest (given that it's only the country in Eastern Europe.. though you would think with their history... )

Anyway some of that is really rather depressing stuff. My Opinion of Switzerland especially has gone down a bit with that.

The Swiss hate all foreigners, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that they hate Jews.

Except the Swiss people I know.. and many family members who travel there regularly.. (though I've never been myself...)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 03:13:07 PM »

You just need to see Borat to figure out that many people in the States think this way too.

The difference is that the people in the U.S. that think that way ARE skinheads, militia types, the fringes of society, etc etc. Europe is hit on two fronts: the culture of anti-semetism that exists amongst university professors, journalists, and intellectuals, and the Muslim community, who have an inordinate amount of influence and power. It allows anti-semetic ideas to seep into the wider culture.

Question 8 is the one that shocked me, but gave me hope in a slight way. It shows that people really don't know how hellish life is for most Continental European Jews, which I suppose is better than knowing and not doing anything about it.

A closer answer would say "The problem is the culture where most anti-semitism is disguised as criticism of Israel, when rebuffed as anti-semite claptrap, these (usually) pseudo-leftists reply "OMG all criticism of Israel does not equal anti semitism" as of course no one wants to be labelled as an anti-semite, even if you do believe that a cabal of jews is running US foreign policy for example (an opinion not too uncommon over here, sadly)"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies