Drinking Age
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:21:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Drinking Age
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Drinking Age  (Read 12201 times)
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2006, 03:04:05 PM »

I agree with what seems to be the consensus. If you can fight to defend the freedom of your country at the age of 18, you should be able to enjoy a drink at such an age.

If this is too much of a problem, raise the age to serve to 21. Either way, I don't think the two should be different.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2006, 03:11:38 PM »

Here in Sweden people band together at each other's houses and drink till they pass out. Or they get together in a park and drink till they pass out. Or they get together in the street and drink till they pass out. It's pretty sad.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2006, 03:12:53 PM »

Oh, and some of the issues raised here are fixed easily: simply raise the voting age and the drinking age. As far as fighting goes, that has to do with obligations and we all have obligations without necessarily having rights.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2006, 06:09:19 PM »

Hmmm. This is something I've been thinking a lot about lately. I guess it's cause I want to go into the military coupled with the fact that the people we're electing want to invade any Mid East country just to bump off an Arab leader. Tongue

Anyway, I think it should be 18. I think it is ridiculous and insulting that I can die for my country but they won't let me have alcohol. I'm mature enough to be trained to kill with a rifle, pistol, bayonet, even with my bare hands, but having alcohol is something only for mature adults. Angry
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2006, 06:19:28 PM »

I think the issue ought to be returned to the States.

To keep people from crossing State lines for the purpose of buying booze (when they would be underage in their own State), they would be carding the individuals to see their State of residence, then would or would not sale based on if it would be a violation of that State's age law.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2006, 06:31:12 PM »

Here in Sweden people band together at each other's houses and drink till they pass out. Or they get together in a park and drink till they pass out. Or they get together in the street and drink till they pass out. It's pretty sad.

Congratulations on being one of few countries in the World worse for drinking than us Tongue
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2007, 02:07:47 PM »

Congratulations on being one of few countries in the World worse for drinking than us Tongue

And this non-drinker will tell you that Ireland is even worse! Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies