WA-08
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:18:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WA-08
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA-08  (Read 970 times)
CultureKing
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 18, 2007, 10:53:52 PM »

Darcy Burner is to be challenged by state senator Rodney Tom for the WA-08 democratic nomination.

http://www.nytimes.com/cq/2007/07/18/cq_3118.html'

This will be an interesting and possibly hard fought primary, personally I think Tom should get the nomination, he actually has some experience, maybe with him we could actually win the seat. Then again Burner is amazing when it comes to fundraising...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 11:27:24 PM »

I know this is a swing seat in the General but coverage of the primary in the NY Times? Wow.
Conan
conan

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 11:29:46 PM »

Burner should move over. She was a big disappointment.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 12:27:38 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2007, 12:37:45 PM by Alcon »

I think Tom would be a much more promising candidate (I'll have to check how Burner did in his part of the district, but probably not stellar), but the 48th basically includes staunchly Democratic rich areas plus the staunchly rich, Republican-leaning Gold Coast.  The GOP made no friends in the district even during 2004; Bush's performance in Bellevue and the Gold Coast was down in every single precinct (and KingCo has precincts of only a few hundred), which was impressive.  It's the most affluent legislative district in the state (I'm 95% sure).  Kerry won it by 14 points, compared to his 8th-wide margin of 3.  He probably can't improve hugely there, but he's the kind of candidate who could do well elsewhere.

Tom, assuming he can appeal to the exurbs (where Burner faltered), would be one heck of GE candidate.  But the grassroots Purple heart Burner.  Who actually isn't that awful of a candidate, but already spoiled herself by a ultra-repetitive ad campaign in 2004.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 12:32:01 PM »

Burner should move over. She was a big disappointment.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 01:48:46 PM »

This race will be close regardless of who's the candidate; however, Burner underimpressed me in 2006 with her campaigning.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies