Barack Obama is doomed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:50:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Barack Obama is doomed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Barack Obama is doomed  (Read 6402 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2007, 01:52:37 AM »

at least when it comes to the Georgia's Gwinnett County Christian Fundie Suburban Moms:

Said Obama:

"I´m the Harry Potter parent !"

Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama is the "Harry Potter parent" who has read all six books about the boy wizard‘s adventures with his older daughter, his wife said Thursday.

Both are awaiting the release of J.K. Rowling‘s seven and final book in the series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," this weekend, but finding time to read won‘t be easy, she said.

http://www.leadingthecharge.com/ViewArticle.aspx?id=134454&source=2

Laura Mallory of Loganville filed an appeal last week to get the best-selling book series out of the schools’ media centers. She is an evangelical Christian who has three children at J.C. Magill Elementary School.

“I think the anti-Christian bias — it’s just got to stop,” Mallory said. “And if we don’t say something, we’ll just keep getting pushed out of the schools. And I pay taxes, too, and I think that gives me a voice to speak out about this.”

Mallory wrote on her appeal forms that she was objecting to the books because of their “evil themes, witchcraft, demonic activity, murder, evil blood sacrifice, spells and teaching children all of this.”

Mallory said she has been contacted by other Christian parents who were concerned about the content of the books.

She admitted that she has not read the book series partially because “they’re really very long and I have four kids.”

http://accidentalblogger.typepad.com/accidental_blogger/2006/04/burn_the_books_.html

Obama will lose Gwinnett County anyway. ROFL ! Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 02:03:12 AM »

He's doomed by American racism, not by this, obviously, but funny story Tender, especially the part about the poor who is too busy to read.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 02:04:00 AM »

Very hypocritical:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I can imagine her children watching the homicide coverage of that homicidial wrestler in Georgia, while she´s doing the ironing in another room ... Wink
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 02:11:35 AM »

No, he's doomed by his own liberalism and inexperience.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 02:28:02 AM »

If I ever encountered this Laura Mallory in real life, I'd punch her in the face
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 02:32:10 AM »

I like Gwinnett County. But its people like that woman who are the cause of the "culture wars". She should be laughed at and ridiculed. "Evil Blood Sacrifice"? What the hell is she talking about, that never happens. Maybe she should pay more attention to Dobson when she's memorizing his rants.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 02:36:59 AM »

“What you don’t want to do is to play chicken with the President, and create a situation in which, potentially, you don’t have body armor, you don’t have reinforced Humvees, you don’t have night-vision goggles.” - Senator Barack Obama one month before voting against funding the troops.

If he's the nominee...I'll be loving the memorable ads.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 02:51:38 AM »

If I ever encountered this Laura Mallory in real life, I'd punch her in the face

Need a pic ?

Plus:

Referring to the recent rash of deadly assaults at schools, Mallory said books that promote evil - as she claims the Potter ones do - help foster the kind of culture where school shootings happen. That would not happen if students instead read the Bible, Mallory said.

Plus:

Mallory was named the Washington Post's 2006 "Idiot of the Year."
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 03:04:19 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2007, 03:06:59 AM by Tender Branson »

“What you don’t want to do is to play chicken with the President, and create a situation in which, potentially, you don’t have body armor, you don’t have reinforced Humvees, you don’t have night-vision goggles.” - Senator Barack Obama one month before voting against funding the troops.

If he's the nominee...I'll be loving the memorable ads.

I love the upcoming ads too:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

These words next to the picture below will work out well in IA, NM, OH come next year, with Bush at 25-30% approval there.

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 03:58:19 AM »

Firstly she's an A+ idiot. One day they're reading Harry Potter, the next they're sacrificing the cat on an altar.... lol, f**kwit.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 09:52:22 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2007, 09:54:11 AM by Angry_Weasel »

Firstly she's an A+ idiot. One day they're reading Harry Potter, the next they're sacrificing the cat on an altar.... lol, f**kwit.

...and if kids are THAT impressionable, wouldn't they be castrating themselves after reading this bible passage-

“For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother’s womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it.”
                                                                                                                   Matthew 19:12

...and if adults are this impressionable, I hate to see what happens when they read this-
But Jesus said, “Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
                                                                      Matthew 19:14

Gee....I just committed blasphemy. Crap.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 10:23:37 AM »

Damn. I may be wrong, but I think I've met that lady before.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 10:28:09 AM »

Damn. I may be wrong, but I think I've met that lady before.

You poor ... Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 11:30:04 AM »

That may be dude, but no black is getting elected president by the set of american voters we have now, I don't care how experienced or illiberal he is.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 11:36:32 AM »

That may be dude, but no black is getting elected president by the set of american voters we have now, I don't care how experienced or illiberal he is.

Then they should change their culture a bit. I have nothing against equal rights, but it's the culture of rap and violence and hand signs and backwards hats and baggy clothes that have many Americans weary of electing a black person to the Presidency. Take this from a guy who voted for a black guy in 2006.

Look at what I saw yesterday in the movie theater:

They have Alvin and the Chipmunks dressed in the hip-hop trash-style.

THIS IS THE WAY THEY ALWAYS WERE AND SHOULD BE DRESSED:

It's the break down of culture that begin in the 1990's. Despite a right-wing President, this crap continues with the music with obscene verses and gangster rap.

Oh yeah...let's elect a black man to the office.........

That is why in the end, Obama loses. Not because of the color of black skin, but because of the content of the black culture.
poughies
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »

What an idiot.... its people like her that give religion a bad name..... I would call her all sorts of names, but she probably wouldn't get half of them.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 11:45:24 AM »

*cough* STUPID F**KING SOCCER MOMS *cough*
Mallory was named the Washington Post's 2006 "Idiot of the Year."
Serves her right
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 11:55:06 AM »

Luckily her campaign is being rejected even by the ultra-right wing counties in Georgia she's doing it in.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 12:00:44 PM »

Naso, as retarded as your entire point is, I must ask when is the last time Barack Obama made a public appearance in baggy clothes using hip hop slang.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 12:02:25 PM »

Naso, as retarded as your entire point is, I must ask when is the last time Barack Obama made a public appearance in baggy clothes using hip hop slang.

Hey...I talk to Democrats who feel the same way. It's the culture that is out of control, and you want to feed it more?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 12:06:39 PM »

OK, congratulations on a reply that has nothing to do with the point in my post.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 12:10:24 PM »

Naso, do you ever get how ridiculous you sound to anyone... ever - I mean come on.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 01:49:04 PM »

Despite a right-wing President, this crap continues with the music with obscene verses and gangster rap.

I don't get what a right-wing President has to do with anything.  Honestly Naso, I don't see how people like you can sleep at night with your fascist ideas of banning what kind of music can be played on some kid's iPod or ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: YOU BETTER NOT BE WEARING A HOODIE AND COOL SHADES!  If people stopped buying "music with obscene verses and gangster rap" or kids wanted to go see a movie with Alvin and the Chipmunks dressed like they are off to a prom in 1952, then it would all disappear, but it's what other people want to be entertained by... OH WAIT, I'm sorry. I forgot! You believe father knows best when it comes to culture!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 02:25:07 PM »

Despite a right-wing President, this crap continues with the music with obscene verses and gangster rap.

I don't get what a right-wing President has to do with anything.  Honestly Naso, I don't see how people like you can sleep at night with your fascist ideas of banning what kind of music can be played on some kid's iPod or ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: YOU BETTER NOT BE WEARING A HOODIE AND COOL SHADES!  If people stopped buying "music with obscene verses and gangster rap" or kids wanted to go see a movie with Alvin and the Chipmunks dressed like they are off to a prom in 1952, then it would all disappear, but it's what other people want to be entertained by... OH WAIT, I'm sorry. I forgot! You believe father knows best when it comes to culture!

Yeah, I do.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 02:29:03 PM »

Yeah, I do.

Culture is not static - it is subjective - there is no "right" or "wrong", only what you perceive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies