Question about poll mentality
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:53:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Question about poll mentality
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question about poll mentality  (Read 691 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2008, 11:55:32 AM »

How come when polls show Obama leading, it's "solid Obama...no chance for McCain...over", yet if McCain leads it's "when will this state come around?"
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 11:58:47 AM »

How come when polls show Obama leading, it's "solid Obama...no chance for McCain...over", yet if McCain leads it's "when will this state come around?"

Part of it is probably due to the fact that we're in a democratic friendly environment...now please don't start with any bias rants...

It just seems like all the advantages, public attitude, poor economy stemming from GOP control etc...favor Obama/DNC

Thus, it would be hard to imagine an already democratic or democratic leaning state bucking the current nationwide trend to the Republicans, while one could potentially see some states moving from R to Toss or to D.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 12:04:40 PM »

That's basically it. One wonders why states that rejected Bush twice are going to decide that now in this current environment is the time to flip to the GOP.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 12:05:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 12:07:56 PM »

the situation won't get any better for McCain through November with rising gas prices, unemployment rising, economic growth stagnating, etc.  of course he has nothing to do with any of those things, but no matter.  unless Obama is branded as a Islamobolshevist terrorist Chicago-Machine Daleyite, he's going to win, probably handily.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 12:08:11 PM »

That's basically it. One wonders why states that rejected Bush twice are going to decide that now in this current environment is the time to flip to the GOP.

Is it just me...or do people generally not seem to be responding to this "McCain is the Bush third term" stuff? If they were, McCain would be trailing as bad as Bush's disapproval. I've spoke to people about the election and heard just general concerns (terrorism and gas prices) and general like of McCain and questions about Obama...but many undecided. Bush's name is rarely brought up as much as the media makes it seem. Then again...maybe that's just the way it is out here in Ohio.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 12:19:18 PM »

I tend to ignore polls in general.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 12:19:42 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

?

I'm sure i could have worded or punctuated it better...

bucked the nationwide trend (pro dem) to the republicans...or something of that sort
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 01:26:12 PM »

It's a fact that Obama is leading right now and if the election were held tomorrow, he would win. But it's still June. McCain could be winning next month for all we know. What matters is in late October. Personally, I think this "3rd George Bush term" is starting to stick and that is why McCain is suffering in the polls. He's probably going to need to run away further from the Republican party and start blasting Bush. We Dems musn't get cocky. This battle is far from over.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies