Barack Obama is doomed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:44:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Barack Obama is doomed (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Barack Obama is doomed  (Read 6426 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 19, 2007, 02:11:35 AM »

No, he's doomed by his own liberalism and inexperience.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 02:36:59 AM »

“What you don’t want to do is to play chicken with the President, and create a situation in which, potentially, you don’t have body armor, you don’t have reinforced Humvees, you don’t have night-vision goggles.” - Senator Barack Obama one month before voting against funding the troops.

If he's the nominee...I'll be loving the memorable ads.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 11:36:32 AM »

No, he's doomed by his own liberalism and inexperience.

That may be dude, but no black is getting elected president by the set of american voters we have now, I don't care how experienced or illiberal he is.

Then they should change their culture a bit. I have nothing against equal rights, but it's the culture of rap and violence and hand signs and backwards hats and baggy clothes that have many Americans weary of electing a black person to the Presidency. Take this from a guy who voted for a black guy in 2006.

Look at what I saw yesterday in the movie theater:

They have Alvin and the Chipmunks dressed in the hip-hop trash-style.

THIS IS THE WAY THEY ALWAYS WERE AND SHOULD BE DRESSED:

It's the break down of culture that begin in the 1990's. Despite a right-wing President, this crap continues with the music with obscene verses and gangster rap.

Oh yeah...let's elect a black man to the office.........

That is why in the end, Obama loses. Not because of the color of black skin, but because of the content of the black culture.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 12:02:25 PM »

Naso, as retarded as your entire point is, I must ask when is the last time Barack Obama made a public appearance in baggy clothes using hip hop slang.

Hey...I talk to Democrats who feel the same way. It's the culture that is out of control, and you want to feed it more?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 02:25:07 PM »

Despite a right-wing President, this crap continues with the music with obscene verses and gangster rap.

I don't get what a right-wing President has to do with anything.  Honestly Naso, I don't see how people like you can sleep at night with your fascist ideas of banning what kind of music can be played on some kid's iPod or ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: YOU BETTER NOT BE WEARING A HOODIE AND COOL SHADES!  If people stopped buying "music with obscene verses and gangster rap" or kids wanted to go see a movie with Alvin and the Chipmunks dressed like they are off to a prom in 1952, then it would all disappear, but it's what other people want to be entertained by... OH WAIT, I'm sorry. I forgot! You believe father knows best when it comes to culture!

Yeah, I do.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 02:35:10 PM »

Despite a right-wing President, this crap continues with the music with obscene verses and gangster rap.

I don't get what a right-wing President has to do with anything.  Honestly Naso, I don't see how people like you can sleep at night with your fascist ideas of banning what kind of music can be played on some kid's iPod or ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: YOU BETTER NOT BE WEARING A HOODIE AND COOL SHADES!  If people stopped buying "music with obscene verses and gangster rap" or kids wanted to go see a movie with Alvin and the Chipmunks dressed like they are off to a prom in 1952, then it would all disappear, but it's what other people want to be entertained by... OH WAIT, I'm sorry. I forgot! You believe father knows best when it comes to culture!

Yeah, I do.

Culture is not static - it is subjective - there is no "right" or "wrong", only what you perceive.

Haha...if Obama is the nominee I will love to see how well he does out here in Ohio and down there in ole' Mississippi.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »

Yeah, I do.

Culture is not static - it is subjective - there is no "right" or "wrong", only what you perceive.

Haha...if Obama is the nominee I will love to see how well he does out here in Ohio and down there in ole' Mississippi.

I don't think any democrat is going to play well in Mississippi - so that's moot, and their reason for not voting for him (based on your premise) says a HELL of a lot more about the voters than him.

The fact that he is an inexperienced liberal Senator?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 02:50:39 PM »

Yeah, I do.

I don't think any democrat is going to play well in Mississippi - so that's moot, and their reason for not voting for him (based on your premise) says a HELL of a lot more about the voters than him.

The fact that he is an inexperienced liberal Senator?

Don't get me wrong, I have SERIOUS concerns over his experience (which is why he's #4 on my list of running dems). But your premise had nothing to do with his experience or political positions.

Of course it did, what else would it be?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 03:13:03 PM »

I voted for an African American man last November. It's simple. He's inexperienced and liberal.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 03:29:36 PM »

Yeah and we all know Ken Blackwell was spectacular.  *rolls eyes*

Does that mean he isn't black or something?

Can you believe oaksmarts, Phil? He's bashing me for voting for an African American. I believe in equal rights and opportunity...apparently oaksmart is a racist.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 03:33:17 PM »

Can you believe oaksmarts, Phil? He's bashing me for voting for an African American. I believe in equal rights and opportunity...apparently oaksmart is a racist.

Naso, you do say some ridiculous things. I was just pointing out one of oaksmarts' ridiculous comments, not necessarily defending you.

Phil, don't play politics.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 04:04:35 PM »

Oh please.  I wasn't bashing you for voting for an African American, I was bashing you because you made it sound like you voted for him just because he was black.  There's obviously nothing wrong with supporting an African American, but to say that you're such a great person for voting for a black man is ridiculous.  I vote for candidates based on their ideology and stance on the issues, not because of the color of their skin.

So, Senator "Bill" Obama, a 45 year old white man from Illinois, elected in 2004. Would he be running in 2008 for President?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 11:50:11 PM »

I voted for an African American man last November.

Actually, you voted for a well-known brand of cookie.

Cauz if you ain't no liberal Dem workin' for the 'hood, yo skin color is def not black.

Really, unless you're from the cast of "Roots" you ain't black.

Yes, I kick ass in that music video.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 02:31:05 AM »

Obama will probably run a point or so lower than he polls because of racists who lie in polls, but that's hardly enough to doom his chances.

Right, only 61 million people may vote against him.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 09:01:58 AM »

Obama will probably run a point or so lower than he polls because of racists who lie in polls, but that's hardly enough to doom his chances.

Right, only 61 million people may vote against him.

Obama isn't John Kerry so I doubt the Popular vote will be the same. 

Right, Kerry had military service and 20 years in the Senate...so it will probably be an even bigger loss.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies