Governor Romney on Obama wanting Sex Ed for Kindergarden children
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:11:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Governor Romney on Obama wanting Sex Ed for Kindergarden children
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Governor Romney on Obama wanting Sex Ed for Kindergarden children  (Read 2409 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2007, 09:10:37 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wFKF6wpHzRM

Fantastic piece by Governor Romney.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 09:19:22 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2007, 09:23:09 PM by Reluctant Republican »

This is a tough issue, but I must side with Obama. We don't know how much sex education they'd be recieving, for one. But I think this is a great time for children to start learning about there bodies. Not necessarily where babies come from or how to masturbate, but if we start explaining to them how boys and girls differ, and why boys have some things that girls don’t, and vice versa, and explain it in a child friendly matter, I’d have no problem with it.

Besides, since Social conservatives seem to believe that homosexuality and transsexualism are unnatural desires, maybe educating kids about sex education sooner would cure children of these desires. Who knows? It's worth a shot, right?
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 09:20:13 PM »

kinda reminds me of that South Park episode they tried teaching kindergardeners sex ed.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 09:20:24 PM »

The flag backdrop is a bit much.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 09:21:53 PM »

Why?
poughies
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 09:23:59 PM »

read ambinder... another Romney flip flop... jeez this guy should run a waffle house for a living.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 09:24:07 PM »

The flag is a really drap backround. Mitt needs something that catches the eye more.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 09:25:25 PM »

Obama's idea is truly ridiculous.  Sex Ed goes over a six year old's head anyway.  Its not nearly as good a use of finite time in the classroom as reading and math are.

Sex Ed is important as kids reach 12 and 13, but not when they're six.  It's simply stupid.
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 09:34:32 PM »

I agree, although it angers me when these so called "Compassionate Christians" try to ban sex ed. from high school.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 09:40:35 PM »

I would kind of be curious to see the full quote in context.  Whenever a politician quotes seven words from another politician and then proceeds to give a rebuttal that is over a minute long, I immediately have red flags go up.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 10:27:12 PM »

Sex ed for teenagers? That's fine. Sex ed for kids that might not be able to even read yet? No thanks.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 10:37:27 PM »

Romney is an idiot (and so are the posters on this thread who believe his claims about Obama).

Here's what Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki is telling The Brody File this morning:

"Barack Obama supports sensible, community-driven education for children because, among other things, he believes it could help protect them from pedophiles. A child's knowledge of the difference between appropriate and inappropriate touching is crucial to keeping them safe from predators."

So, at this point at least, what Obama is referring to is teaching five year olds about inappropriate touching. The Obama campaign also tells The Brody File that parents would be able to opt out. As for further details, the touching aspect seems to be the main idea here. Obama doesn't want to hand out condoms to five year olds. He doesn't want cucumber demonstrations as part of show and tell. The legitimate reasonable discussion here is whether the federal government and/or local school boards should get involved in providing these five year olds information about inappropriate touching or should it be left up to families only.

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/198169.aspx
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 10:40:17 PM »

Romney is an idiot (and so are the posters on this thread who believe his claims about Obama).

Here's what Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki is telling The Brody File this morning:

"Barack Obama supports sensible, community-driven education for children because, among other things, he believes it could help protect them from pedophiles. A child's knowledge of the difference between appropriate and inappropriate touching is crucial to keeping them safe from predators."

So, at this point at least, what Obama is referring to is teaching five year olds about inappropriate touching. The Obama campaign also tells The Brody File that parents would be able to opt out. As for further details, the touching aspect seems to be the main idea here. Obama doesn't want to hand out condoms to five year olds. He doesn't want cucumber demonstrations as part of show and tell. The legitimate reasonable discussion here is whether the federal government and/or local school boards should get involved in providing these five year olds information about inappropriate touching or should it be left up to families only.

Romney can't help it. He's pro-pedophile.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 10:49:22 PM »

Yeah, that's pretty much what I expected.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 10:52:27 PM »

this kind of stuff is what i really hate about political campaigns...the old out of context attack.

Romney is a smart man...he knows what Obama meant and was referring to, but he can twist it so it can be used to help score points with 'values voters' who wont bother to actually find out what Obama's position. Dems will of course do the same but it is all just lies.

by the end all the dems will be godless heathens who want force your children to have gay sex with terrorists and then force them to have abortions. And all the Republicans will all be warmongering nazis who want to round up all non whites into labor camps.
poughies
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 11:10:59 PM »

I just wish I knew who the real Romney was.... I mean with Kerry I think most of us knew he was a liberal who voted for the Iraq war because he thought it would help his white house bid.

With Romney, I seriously don't know if running for the senate in 94 was a big bowl of nothing or is this whole new conservative a big facade?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 11:39:35 PM »

Obama's idea is a good one; Romney is a sleaze.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 04:41:57 AM »

Though I'm amused by all the liberals who say this is about protecting children from pedophiles.  Once again, the issue here is their lack of trust of parents to warn kids about predators.  I don't know about you, but when I was a kid they were called 'private' parts for a reason.
Considering that most pedophiles prey on family members, leaving such things entirely in parental hands is probably not the wisest thing to do.
nlm
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 06:30:09 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2007, 11:46:56 PM by nlm »

Too funny. The Republicans getting their panties all in a bunch over something that a sleazy, flip flopping political opportunist like Romney said without checking the facts first. I hope a lesson would be learned here - but I doubt it.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 07:05:07 AM »

Too funny. The Republicans getting their panties all in a bunch over something that a sleazy, flip flopping political opportunist like Romney said with checking the facts first. I hope a lesson would be learned here - but I doubt it.

The lesson is, despite the Republicans seeming to harp on it, I'd be willing to bet the majority of Americans are on our side.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 07:20:56 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I always figured Romney for being closeted, but him gettin it on with Obama? Wow.
nlm
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 07:22:15 AM »

Too funny. The Republicans getting their panties all in a bunch over something that a sleazy, flip flopping political opportunist like Romney said with checking the facts first. I hope a lesson would be learned here - but I doubt it.

The lesson is, despite the Republicans seeming to harp on it, I'd be willing to bet the majority of Americans are on our side.

On "our" side about what? The fiction Mitt presented, or what Obama was talking about?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 07:30:15 AM »

On "our" side about what? The fiction Mitt presented, or what Obama was talking about?

The "fiction" happens to be moral values. Coming from a guy with political views of a President who sprayed his moral values to the public, I'm not surprised.
nlm
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 07:48:41 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2007, 01:00:23 PM by nlm »

The "fiction" happens to be moral values. Coming from a guy with political views of a President who sprayed his moral values to the public, I'm not surprised.

What are you even talking about? The fiction Mitt presented was fiction in that he presented it as somebody being against what he was thumping his chest about - which was false in the context of his statement. Is lying one the moral values you are now thumping your chest about.

As for what Obama was talking about - the only folks that should feel threatened by it are pedophiles and certain members of the clergy. But I have a feeling you have managed to tune out the reality of what Obama said and replace it with the fiction Mitt created like any good little partisan soldier would.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 09:00:36 AM »

ugh
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies